RonD1120

Response to normiss

normiss stated,

"You've led us all to believe that you are the one looking forward to that celebration.

I've questioned it as I don't understand choosing death as a goal or accomplishment."

That is a very good question. I will provide an honest response.

I am not what most would call a normal Christian. Most folks are simply interested in salvation as a reason to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Some move to the next step of seeking sanctification. Others, the next step and become disciples. My goal from the onset was all that and then enlightenment.

Not many have even considered the possibility of enlightenment much less pursued it. I started the journey in 1972 and found it to be very rewarding. Confusing at times but in the end worthwhile.

I am an only child and though married most of my life I have no children of my own. I have never functioned in the role of parent. Therefore, I do not have the familial attachment to life that most individuals share. That alone makes me an oddity in my church.

Yes, I am self-centered in my view of survival. However, I try to help others as much as possible by sharing what I can when I can.

Jesus said that no one can attain a relationship with God except through Him.

The other spiritual paths share a couple of things in common. They provide guidelines for living and they always provide the next step. It is the concept of concentric circles. You have to work hard to get in with the in-crowd.

Jesus Christ says forget all that and follow Me and you will be where you need to be. So relax and stop trying to work your way to heaven.

As far as my life is concerned, I have accomplished most everything I set out to do. The Lord kept from some pitfalls that many saw as necessary for successful living. The path for enlightenment offers different windows of opportunity.

So I see death as the fulfillment of my path to eternity. I will be with Christ in the eternal existence of life with joy. It will be a celebration.

My only true responsibility remaining is to my wife. We just celebrated twenty-five years together. Third time was the charm.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:23 AM, RonD1120 said:

Not many have even considered the possibility of enlightenment much less pursued it.

I call complete BS on that.  What do you think millions of people study religious texts for?  Listen to religious leaders for? Again, your ego and your delusion that you're "special" clouds your outlook and judgement.  This has been apparent since your first post on this site.  News flash!  You're just as ordinary and insignificant as the rest of us (including me, of course).

Its an undeniable fact that you've traded one addiction for another.  Surely you know this and can admit it to yourself.  Is addiction to church/religion better than drugs/debauchery?  Sure.  But don't kid yourself.  Weakness is weakness and the ability to stand without a crutch isn't something everyone can do.  Own your weakness and insecurity.  You will be saved!

Jesus said love your enemy.  Do you REALLY love your enemy?  Have your posts on this site represented that?  Those fighters in foreign lands who oppose US soldiers?  Obama? Are you a REAL follower of the New Testament?  Because I (and I'm sure others) are not convinced by your posts.  Are you good with that if you die tomorrow?  Do you consider others' opinions?  Are you really after "enlightenment?" 

Love your posts and can't wait for the next rationalization you come up with! Haha! :D

8 hours ago, dorkitup said:

I call complete BS on that.  What do you think millions of people study religious texts for?  Listen to religious leaders for? Again, your ego and your delusion that you're "special" clouds your outlook and judgement.  This has been apparent since your first post on this site.  News flash!  You're just as ordinary and insignificant as the rest of us (including me, of course).

Its an undeniable fact that you've traded one addiction for another.  Surely you know this and can admit it to yourself.  Is addiction to church/religion better than drugs/debauchery?  Sure.  But don't kid yourself.  Weakness is weakness and the ability to stand without a crutch isn't something everyone can do.  Own your weakness and insecurity.  You will be saved!

Jesus said love your enemy.  Do you REALLY love your enemy?  Have your posts on this site represented that?  Those fighters in foreign lands who oppose US soldiers?  Obama? Are you a REAL follower of the New Testament?  Because I (and I'm sure others) are not convinced by your posts.  Are you good with that if you die tomorrow?  Do you consider others' opinions?  Are you really after "enlightenment?" 

Love your posts and can't wait for the next rationalization you come up with! Haha! :D

Religion is ritual.

Spiritual enlightenment involves relationship to receive revelation.

Paul Twitchell wrote that the passions that retard spiritual growth are anger, attachment, greed, lust, and vanity.

I am but a pilgrim on the path and am willing to share what I have learned, mostly through experience.

What do you have to share?