1 1
swoopgirl

Greta Hates You All

49 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

And, there goes another angry rant from another angry white man who can't stand the change in society.

When I hear mindless, programed comments like this, I understand why the creators of South Park depict Canadians with their  craniums detached from their mouths.

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

When I hear mindless, programed comments like this, I understand why the creators of South Park depict Canadians with their  craniums detached from their mouths.

And..... another lame insult. The list of things that upsets you and makes you type nonsense on your keyboard just keeps on growing.

18 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
26 minutes ago, Coreece said:

And..... another lame insult. The list of things that upsets you and makes you type nonsense on your keyboard just keeps on growing. 

And there's more of that hypocrisy I was talking about.  You were the one that resorted to ad hom as usual, simply because you can't handle any legitimate criticism of the left.  Get over yourself.

Edited by Coreece

27 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You were the one that resorted to ad hom as usual, simply because you can't handle any legitimate criticism of the left. 

You keep assuming that there is a left to criticize. It's pointless to accuse the left as though there are a group of people out there who all think the same. This is a thread about Greta what's her name. Apparently the way people react to her makes you angry. Your reaction to this makes me laugh. Greta has a message, she is young and immature and full of the foolishness that being young can bring. You on the other hand are exhibiting the foolishness of an angry adult.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Greta has a message, she is young and immature and full of the foolishness that being young can bring.

Lol, you're so twisted in knots right now that you're the one actually criticizing her.

And this kind of illustrates my point. As I've already said, for me this was never really about Greta.  Where have I honestly criticized her?  This was always about how the alarmists, media, etc., are taking advantage of her, whether it's her youth, immaturity, foolishness or whatever else YOU want to call it.

And it illustrates another point -  People like you and John say she's just "a small teenager," or "she's just young, immature and foolish."  And then when I call people out for taking advantage of that, the goal posts are moved and suddenly she becomes this intelligent woman acting on her own volition that could be married and have a successful career and  bla bla bla, etc., etc.

You guys crack me up.

35 minutes ago, Coreece said:

This was always about how the alarmists

So, do you not realize that this right here is nothing but petty name calling simply being used to denigrate and minimize. You are using dismissive language because you do not care to argue your case in manner that will acknowledge anyone's point of view but your own. No one is taking advantage of her, she does not need your protection. She is promoting her beliefs and she has found a way to use the media. Good on her.

27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

This was always about how the alarmists

So, do you not realize that this right here is nothing but petty name calling simply being used to denigrate and minimize.

I honestly felt that "alarmists" was the best term to use.  It wouldn't have been as accurate (or fair) if I had said the left, liberals, democrats or even sincere climate change activists/scientists, since emotional bullshit like this doesn't really help their cause as I've already illustrated - and I think they know that.  I'd suspect that when they watch this stuff they look around to make sure nobody's looking and then roll their eyes.

And again with the hypocrisy, you crack me up.  How many times have you called people deniers, even in this very thread?  And I didn't hear you calling out John when he said it, or the thousand times Bill says it.  He even calls them Type I II or III, as if it's some type of disease, surely that's not petty name calling used to denigrate and minimize right?

Are you really that blinded by your bias that you can't see even that?

I mean honestly, I don't really give a shit about all that, I just think it's remarkable that after all this your big beef with me is my use of the word "alarmist."xD

And then on top of that, you actually called Greta immature and that she was filled with foolishness, lol.  I mean, wtf happened to you bro?

You really need to stop digging.

56 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You are using dismissive language because you do not care to argue your case in manner that will acknowledge anyone's point of view but your own.

Lol, you've got to be kidding me.  This has got to be like a record for the most amount of hypocrisy displayed in one thread.

I simply voiced my criticism and then you attacked me with your ad hom without providing any rational thought of your own.

Please, just put the shovel down bro.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

She is promoting her beliefs and she has found a way to use the media. Good on her. 

Right, and if it was some conservative kid expressing their feelings about abortion, he'd be a "smirk-face little prick."

30 minutes ago, normiss said:

Says the guy driving the backhoe, who called her a "sick child".

I was honestly under the impression that she was ill, and that that's why this whole thing was so disturbing.  That alarmists were taking advantage of a person suffering from an illness that could make them more susceptible to manipulation, and that the right was making fun of a kid with a developmental disorder.

But whatever, I've been known to suffer from being an ass burger as well - it's not so bad.

On 12/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, brenthutch said:

What is going to happen to her when she is no longer the flavor of the week?  

Trump will tweet about her and call her a sicko or something, and she will return to prominence.

It is remarkable that we have a presidency photoshopping pictures due to Trump's desire to be as popular as a  . . .  16 year old girl with autism.

3 hours ago, Coreece said:

I was honestly under the impression that she was ill, and that that's why this whole thing was so disturbing.  That alarmists were taking advantage of a person suffering from an illness that could make them more susceptible to manipulation, and that the right was making fun of a kid with a developmental disorder.

She's made it clear that she's not interested in following anyone's agenda.  Which is why so many people are afraid of her - she's not controllable through any of the usual channels.

15 hours ago, airdvr said:

I think you need to take another look at the UN speech.

The biggest problem I have with her is the attempt to scare children all over the world with the thought that the world is coming to an end.  Panic induces poor decisions.

Exactly.  She should instead tell people that we desperately need a wall to stop all the drugs, rapists and MS13 gang members coming over the border.  Why, the lack of a wall is a threat to your very well-being!   Tens of thousands of Americans will die!  THAT sort of panic is all good.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billvon said:

Trump will tweet about her and call her a sicko or something, and she will return to prominence.

It is remarkable that we have a presidency photoshopping pictures due to Trump's desire to be as popular as a  . . .  16 year old girl with autism.

Trump feels threatened by anyone who is more fluent in English than he is;

Especially a child who learned English as a second language.

12 hours ago, billvon said:

Exactly.  She should instead tell people that we desperately need a wall to stop all the drugs, rapists and MS13 gang members coming over the border.  Why, the lack of a wall is a threat to your very well-being!   Tens of thousands of Americans will die!  THAT sort of panic is all good.

So...Greta = Trump?  I think you make a good point.  Both are massively exaggerating a non-problem to push a personnel agenda. 

Edited by brenthutch

14 hours ago, Coreece said:

But whatever, I've been known to suffer from being an ass burger as well - it's not so bad.

She's not disturbed or sick.  She's an actress playing a role.  And she's very good at it.  Trained well by her parents.

32 minutes ago, airdvr said:

She's not disturbed or sick.  She's an actress playing a role.  And she's very good at it.  Trained well by her parents. 

There is something to that. She no doubt has learned to fight back as well. I think it takes her about 3 minutes to turn a Trump tweet about her against him. She probably has help as does the dotard who should know better.

Greta just said,

“Unfortunately, we probably already know the outcome. World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures,”

What does "put them against the wall" mean?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7789463/Greta-Thunberg-arrives-Turin-Italy-star-turn-huge-climate-change-demonstration.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Edited by brenthutch

27 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Greta just said,

“Unfortunately, we probably already know the outcome. World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures,”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7789463/Greta-Thunberg-arrives-Turin-Italy-star-turn-huge-climate-change-demonstration.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Probably "put their feet to the fire". I doubt I'd do better with Swedish slang. If we are going to empty our purses to save her future I hope her generations turn in the barrel is a bit more impressive in job interviews than the GenXer's and Millennials.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Greta just said,

It pretty clearly would seem to be another way of saying “hold them accountable”. What do you think it means? Do you think leader should be held accountable?

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Greta just said,

Let's ask her:

"That’s Swenglish: “att ställa någon mot väggen” (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable."

Seems like a reasonable thing to do to leaders.

• Like 1

It's the manner by which leaders are held to account that concerns me.  Vote them out? Fine.  Put them up against the wall?  That has darker connotations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmRWGRM1RQ

Replace Bob Geldof with Gretta and you get the idea.  You know, the whole eco-fascist thing.

Edited by brenthutch

43 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It's the manner by which leaders are held to account that concerns me.  Vote them out? Fine.  Put them up against the wall?  That has darker connotations.

Yes.  Specifically, it is to hold them responsible for their actions.