1 1
swoopgirl

Greta Hates You All

43 minutes ago, swoopgirl said:

Using airplanes for fun! HOW DARE YOU! We'll be watching you...

I'm good. I've got the carbon credits from saving the 20,454 acre Opal Creek Wilderness in the bank. Also that much and more for some roadless area and wild and scenic river work. Extra altitude anyone?

15 minutes ago, kallend said:

It is truly amazing how a small teenage girl and a young freshman congresswoman have managed to whip up such a frenzy of fear,   hate, and online bullying among the right wing climate change deniers.

Jeez John, airdvr got a new ride, said he was looking for a name, and things got lighthearted. No one in this thread, until you now, said anything about a young freshman congresswoman. And frankly, while I support the idea of activism by young people, I do think Greta is a bit made up and over the top. Not everything is deathly serious. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Brent could be a fun guy to get shit faced with, you know, if there was no one else. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Jeez John, airdvr got a new ride, said he was looking for a name, and things got lighthearted. No one in this thread, until you now, said anything about a young freshman congresswoman. And frankly, while I support the idea of activism by young people, I do think Greta is a bit made up and over the top. Not everything is deathly serious. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Brent could be a fun guy to get shit faced with, you know, if there was no one else. :)

None of which invalidates what I wrote. 

20 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I have to say it's amazing how mocking, belittling and demonizing a teenaged girl can be considered 'lighthearted'.

It was phrased as humor (I was just joking), but it's pretty apparent she struck a nerve.

19 hours ago, kallend said:

None of which invalidates what I wrote. 

Excuse me, Professor, I stupidly assumed your post was in the context of the thread. Lesson learned.

It's pedestrian, I know, but sometimes people just like having a little fun even if it's with someone who has opinions they might find disagreeable. Humor breaks down more barriers than it raises. Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Get a haircut and get a real job!  

If these are the future leaders of America, then  . . . this guy is saying exactly the same thing about our future that your parents said about your generation's future.

22 minutes ago, billvon said:

If these are the future leaders of America, then  . . . this guy is saying exactly the same thing about our future that your parents said about your generation's future.

I'm not going to watch the video because it's intent seems obvious. But in all fairness, she doesn't have the years on the planet to express the level of presumption and intensity she projected at the UN. And that is my sole and only bitch with her. Well, that and she does a fantastic impression of a Rock Dassie when she's torqued.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yup, hardly any group of people whinier that the American right wing. All they do is complain, usually about anything that is changing in their narrow little world.