1 1
noe

Riser ring

Hello, want info about a  left riser ring on my rig. When you see closely on the picture, saw the center  ring got some ring on outside. My question is , Its a sold ring ? And what is the purpose. Its appear like come in two parts and join. Thanks

Left riser.jpg

5 hours ago, noe said:

Hello, want info about a  left riser ring on my rig. When you see closely on the picture, saw the center  ring got some ring on outside. My question is , Its a sold ring ? And what is the purpose. Its appear like come in two parts and join. Thanks

Left riser.jpg

It almost looks like the ring was never finished during the manufacturing process. I would call whoever made those risers and get that fixed ASAP. 

For my curiosity, could you post a couple more angles? 

Looks like a Very poor forging that was never finished. Webbing is sensitive to the radius that it is bent over when you pull on it. Example, the problems we had with the old stile RW7 rings. That forging is causing a very small radius. All of the load on the riser pulls up there.If it's been jumped, I would be surprised if you didn't see damage there. You got to ditch those, like now. Further more you need to make a call to who ever made them. They need to be traced back to what ever batch of rings they came from. All manufacturers keep records of their Perches Order Numbers for all materials. They can be traced back to the original batch. and every one who has baught from that batch can be notified so they can do closer QC on every thing built from it or contact any one who has products from it.

Where did that come from? 

Lee