2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

As the impeachment process is finally over, everybody can decide for himself what a ***** job the American Senate has done.
(***** insert any adjective according to your personal belief)

Now let‘s try and find the bright side of the current situation.
Technically, we can claim a big increase of democratic nations in the world.
Every banana republic can meet the standards set by the (self proclaimed) greatest democratic nation in the world.

And on the historical side, especially as german, one always has the question how could our grandparents let the events between ‘33 and ‘45 happen.
Now we can witness first hand what one guy and a power grabbing party can do to a nation.

Caution: The above text may include traces of sarcasm and truth and may be an alternative fact for good measure.

• Like 4

On 2/6/2020 at 11:40 PM, brenthutch said:

They would still be around if only they had instated a comet tax

Just because an asteroid might be traveling at 45,000mph when it hits doesn't mean it wasn't a long time coming or that it's eventual impact and far reaching consequences could not be foreseen. It's simply something that won't be noticed if you spend your day chewing grass.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:31 AM, phantomII said:

And on the historical side, especially as german, one always has the question how could our grandparents let the events between ‘33 and ‘45 happen.
Now we can witness first hand what one guy and a power grabbing party can do to a nation.

Nice fucking headline - with one major problem. Your grandparents were directly involved in the killing of six million jews and millions of your own who did not salute the fuhrer. Don't even try to make some associative comment of what's going on now - here; with what went on then - there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Nice fucking headline - with one major problem. Your grandparents were directly involved in the killing of six million jews and millions of your own who did not salute the fuhrer. Don't even try to make some associative comment of what's going on now - here; with what went on then - there. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/trump-impeachment-fascism-dictator/

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Keith,

Why not?  IMO it is not that dis-similar.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  You have no authority to tell him what to post.

You seriously think that our government now is similar to what's going on then? You know, Jerry, I've just about reached my limit with the US bashing. Every year; for every year since I went into the military - we've put our men & women in harm's way in ~130 countries every year and spend ~20 Billion in foreign aid. Then some German comes along and says how we are similar to the German grandparents & the Nazi's that killed 6 million jews?

How many men did we lose during WWII? How many generations of potential scientists that could have found a cure to cancer by now? I spent four years in Germany during the 70's when we were still defending them from the Russians. Do you even know that we had Americans killed by Germans then? They were called Neo-Nazis, Jerry. The ENTIRE neo-nazi movement that was spawned and still exists to this day came from that area and time in history.  And now; you and he say we're not much different. 

You know, we may have our differences on policy, but to strike out at America as a whole and associate us with the Nazis is just fucked up. 

P.S. I didn't tell him what to post. I challenged his content just as I have yours and you mine in the past.      

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

You seriously think that our government now is similar to what's going on then? 

Hi Keith,

Not 'our gov't,' the Trump admin.

Re:  'Now we can witness first hand what one guy and a power grabbing party can do to a nation.

Again, not 'our gov't,' but the Trump admin.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  US GI:  3 yrs 10 mos, 24 days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  'Now we can witness first hand what one guy and a power grabbing party can do to a nation.

Hi Jerry, 
thanks for clarifying the point I was trying to make.

And while we still have some problems with modern day nazis, I want to correct that the sad killings of american soldiers in the 70's where commited by a leftist terrorist group called the RAF. Who were actually supported by the east german government, what we found out after the wall fell in 89.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantomII said:

after the wall fell in 89.

Hi phantom,

I was in Berlin 26 Jun 63 and was in the crowd listening to JFK's, 'I am a Berliner' speech.  In my mind, I can still see the red banners hanging from the Brandenburg Gate.  Somewhere, I have a photo taken of me standing next Checkpoint Charlie.

I knew the wall would come down one day; I just never thought it would in my lifetime.

What a great victory for freedom,

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, BIGUN said:

You seriously think that our government now is similar to what's going on then?

The NYPD sergeant's union posted today on twitter that the NYPD is declaring war against the mayor of the city.

Is that what happens in stable nations, police departments declaring war against mayors?

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The NYPD sergeant's union posted today on twitter that the NYPD is declaring war against the mayor of the city.

Is that what happens in stable nations, police departments declaring war against mayors?

You do know it's not an actual war, right?

It's a publicity war.

It's a lot like Pelosi does to Trump, and vice versa.  They war against each other.

You - um - DID - know that, right?

Edited by turtlespeed
to be fair

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

It's a publicity war.

It's a lot like Pelosi does to Trump.

Considering they claim that it is words spoken, publicity comments made that lead to the violence, the statement is much more than just that.

Considering they are requesting Trump send in federal resources to take over a NYC they say is "under siege" by the mayor, the statement is much more than that.

30 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Reminds me of the recent cop chiefs saying they refuse to uphold the law because they disagree with recent laws their state governments have passed into law.

Edited by normiss

It is all the continued building of a narrative.

“As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.”

William O. Douglas (ed.), The Douglas Letters: Selections from the Private Papers of Justice William O. Douglas

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It's a publicity war.

It's a lot like Pelosi does to Trump, and vice versa.  They war against each other.

Turtle, you need to take a posting break. This is SC not a CB.

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Do you mean the one that says  "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed? 

I'll guess he meant the Constitution that says: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."