2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

No - That would be way to technical of a win.;)

Trump has to lobby seriously, not as a joke, for legislation that the term limits do not apply to him.

How would you tell the difference?  Was "Mexico will pay for the wall, I promise!" a joke?  Was "I could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any supporters" a joke?  Was "some very fine people" a joke?  Was "I grab em by the pussy" a joke?  Was "vaccines cause autism" a joke?

As far as I can tell, the way Trump works is that he says anything he thinks will improve his TV ratings, then decides later if it's serious or a joke (or neither.)

On 1/31/2020 at 12:57 PM, normiss said:

Tomorrow is looking to be a very painfully historic day for America.

Russian "Votes R Us" shops expected to open in DC soon.

American democracy dies tomorrow. "Let the voters decide" will be damn near impossible now that election interference and manipulation is accepted, supported, and defended.

This isn't going to be pretty. It's going to get worse.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/481000-comey-pens-op-ed-saying-us-democracy-wont-come-apart-if-trump-isnt

An interesting article

10 hours ago, billvon said:

How would you tell the difference? 

Common Sense, critical thinking, and a lack of hate that colors my ability to judge things clearly.

Was "Mexico will pay for the wall, I promise!" a joke?

No.  It is a lot like "If you like your Doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Was "I could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any supporters" a joke?

Yes - An exaggeration.  Also called Bluster.

Was "some very fine people" a joke?

The phrase itself is not.  Did you intentionally leave out the rest of the quote that I'm sure you meant.

Was "I grab em by the pussy" a joke?

Yes.  A very poor joke.

Was "vaccines cause autism" a joke?

No. That is an unproven theory that is mostly held by the left (So I have seen) 

SOMETHING has to be responsible for the uptick in ASD other than the ability to diagnose it.

46 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

"Was "vaccines cause autism" a joke?"

No. That is an unproven theory that is mostly held by the left

So to sum up here - Trump wasn't joking.  He really means that vaccines cause autism.  But it's the left's fault that he said it.

OK then.

Your original bet was "Trump has to lobby seriously, not as a joke, for legislation that the term limits do not apply to him."  So Trump says what he means.  Unless it's an exaggeration, or bluster, or a joke, or liberals made him do it, which you can claim long after the original statement.

So I will make you the same bet.  $1000 says Trump will absolutely refuse to leave office.  Unless the liberals make him leave.  

(edited)
29 minutes ago, billvon said:

So to sum up here - Trump wasn't joking.  He really means that vaccines cause autism.  But it's the left's fault that he said it.

OK then.

Your original bet was "Trump has to lobby seriously, not as a joke, for legislation that the term limits do not apply to him."  So Trump says what he means.  Unless it's an exaggeration, or bluster, or a joke, or liberals made him do it, which you can claim long after the original statement.

So I will make you the same bet.  $1000 says Trump will absolutely refuse to leave office.  Unless the liberals make him leave.  

Ok.

You will end up welching on the bet - and you will try to find some type of loophole - but OK.

SO - metrics of this bet -

There has to be action needed, or taken, outside the normal voting and election process, to remove Trump from office; OR, Trump has to make a statement that he will not leave office unless forced, after his normal term limits expire.

I won't even hold you to just the Democrats, I'll include the Republicans as well.

Edited by turtlespeed

OK then.

I believe he is that serious because he heard it somewhere and it seemed right to him.  I never said he had the best judgement. 

For instance - if he officially asks for the senate to repeal the 22nd amendment - that would constitute "serious".

Again I accept - but this has nothing to do with any impeachment - strictly voting process.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I believe he is that serious because he heard it somewhere and it seemed right to him.  I never said he had the best judgement. 

For instance - if he officially asks for the senate to repeal the 22nd amendment - that would constitute "serious".

Again I accept - but this has nothing to do with any impeachment - strictly voting process.

I think if he says to camera  or twitter that ‘term limits shouldn’t apply to him’, or asks his team to look into changing term limits, that’s enough of an indication of his intent.

Its obvious that we’re going to need a third party  to arbitrate this because you can ALWAYS say ‘he’s just joking’ until a law has passed.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Common Sense, critical thinking, and a lack of hate that colors my ability to judge things clearly.

That's nonsense. Judging by the standards of 'hate' that you hold everyone else to you clearly hate the democrats in general and the Clintons in particular. And it definitely colours your ability to judge them by anything remotely like the standards you hold republicans to.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Ok.

Great!  You are on.

There has to be action needed, or taken, outside the normal voting and election process, to remove Trump from office; OR, Trump has to make a statement that he will not leave office unless forced, after his normal term limits expire.

Oh Turtle turtle turtle.  That was not the bet.  You are trying to change it because you think you can't win it.  You put a loophole in there - "outside the normal voting and election process" - which of course will happen, so you'll be able to claim that there's an exception there.  Thank you for demonstrating your usual approach to these sort of things.

Yep.  And if that happens, you will say "why not quote the WHOLE THING?"  "It was a joke.  I guess liberals have no sense of humor."  "Clinton did it first."   "I said OFFICIAL.  A tweet is not OFFICIAL."

See above for examples.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

I think if he says to camera  or twitter that ‘term limits shouldn’t apply to him’, or asks his team to look into changing term limits, that’s enough of an indication of his intent.

Its obvious that we’re going to need a third party  to arbitrate this because you can ALWAYS say ‘he’s just joking’ until a law has passed.

I suppose so - Given that some here cannot understand the subtleties of sarcasm, and humor.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Great!  You are on.

Oh Turtle turtle turtle.  That was not the bet.  You are trying to change it because you think you can't win it.  You put a loophole in there - "outside the normal voting and election process" - which of course will happen, so you'll be able to claim that there's an exception there.  Thank you for demonstrating your usual approach to these sort of things.

Yep.  And if that happens, you will say "why not quote the WHOLE THING?"  "It was a joke.  I guess liberals have no sense of humor."  "Clinton did it first."   "I said OFFICIAL.  A tweet is not OFFICIAL."

See above for examples.

Ha - Yeah - you are trying to get into position where if there is an impeachment that would constitute him not leaving until the democrats made him.  

I'm not allowing that.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, turtlespeed said:

Was "I grab em by the pussy" a joke?

Yes.  A very poor joke.

No.  It wasn't a joke.  He was actually trying to impress someone with claims about how he gets away with sexual assault.  It doesn't matter whether he did or didn't or whether you could or couldn't prove it.  His attempt was to elevate himself with claims that he can get away with sexually assaulting women.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Interesting.

I just heard Schiff state that Trump hasn't proven his innocence yet.

I guess our lawmakers now live in a country where you are no longer innocent until proven guilty

I wonder if he understands the implications of what he just said.

Of course in another thread you posted an article about people charged with an offense and you called them deplorable, prior to them being proven guilty of any offense.

I wonder if you understand the implications of what you just wrote.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:36 AM, turtlespeed said:

And this is who so many are okay with occupying the office of the PRESIDENT.  "Heard it somewhere and it seemed right to him."  He is in the office that has all the resources at his disposal.  ALL of them. Anything he needs to learn/understand, there is SOMEONE (or many someones) who will appear in short order to explain it ad nauseum and ad infinitum.  Answer all the questions until the matter is understood.

"seemed right" is not the guesswork that the occupant of the most powerful position in the country (and most of the world) should just be spouting off.  

Let's not even get started on the comment that he doesn't have good judgement. [facepalm]

All the accomplishments supporters want to point to?  I'll admit, some things enacted in this administration have been good.  Getting started on prison reform, for example.  Great first step in that process.  However, no one has convinced me that THIS guy is the only person in the country who could have signed those bills, or negotiated anything.  In a different perspective: his incredibly short list of accomplishments are vastly overshadowed by this incredibly MASSIVE pile of damages. 

• Like 5