2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

Tomorrow is looking to be a very painfully historic day for America.

Russian "Votes R Us" shops expected to open in DC soon.

American democracy dies tomorrow. "Let the voters decide" will be damn near impossible now that election interference and manipulation is accepted, supported, and defended.

This isn't going to be pretty. It's going to get worse.

1 hour ago, phantomII said:

Thought from the sideline:
Since so often you call yourself the greatest nation of the world, maybe, just maybe, you should start putting up the greatest persons for election as president.

As long as a significant number of rural voters (who have more power per vote) who think that “whatever pisses the left off” is synonymous with “good,” we’ll get this kind of leadership periodically  

especially when you consider that puerile insults and “misspellings” constitute a demonstration of superior wit. They should consider that maybe bullying is not the same as actual power, and show is not necessarily the same as substance  

Wendy P. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

As long as a significant number of rural voters (who have more power per vote) who think that “whatever pisses the left off” is synonymous with “good,” we’ll get this kind of leadership periodically  

especially when you consider that puerile insults and “misspellings” constitute a demonstration of superior wit. They should consider that maybe bullying is not the same as actual power, and show is not necessarily the same as substance  

Wendy P. 

Power vs Force by David R Hawkins, MD, PhD

The Senate confirming that Trump can do whatever he wants and that they'll back him in any situation is pretty fucking dire. 

You think he's done some shady shit before? Now he knows he can get away with anything they've essentially told him it's fine to openly cheat in the 2020 elections. That's his personality.

I hope y'all like living in Russian-style oligarchies... Putin has already made a move to make it so that term limits don't apply to him... I bet you $100 Trump will do the same after the next election.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yoink said:

The Senate confirming that Trump can do whatever he wants and that they'll back him in any situation is pretty fucking dire. 

You think he's done some shady shit before? Now he knows he can get away with anything they've essentially told him it's fine to openly cheat in the 2020 elections. That's his personality.

I hope y'all like living in Russian-style oligarchies... Putin has already made a move to make it so that term limits don't apply to him... I bet you $100 Trump will do the same after the next election.

Then put up a better f#%king candidate this time and don't allow the DNC to change it.  Bernie would have gotten my vote.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Then put up a better f#%king candidate this time and don't allow the DNC to change it.  Bernie would have gotten my vote.

Bloomberg just moved past Warren.  At this point he needs to take the debate stage and start pumping out some real energy.

27 minutes ago, yoink said:

They've also confirmed to Democrats that showing up to vote has more influence than a Senate controlled by Republicans.  This is exactly what America needs to send people to the polls.

22 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Given that election fraud and tampering is now fully legally supported, what candidate matters?

Remember this entire issue was about interfering with the 2020 elections, and the Senate is authorizing it.

Voting may no longer make any difference.

37 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi DJL,

It has never been a 'debate.'  It is & has  been a complete circus.

I agree with Bloomberg in staying away from the 'debates.'  

Jerry Baumchen

They are a circus but they establish a sort of object permanence as far as one's relevance to the other candidates so I think he should get up there soon.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

You're On - 

Someone please witness this?

• Like 2

(edited)
38 minutes ago, yoink said:

Cool.

We're agreed that  I don't lose if Trump loses the election, right? (Not that I think he will).

No - That would be way to technical of a win.;)

Trump has to lobby seriously, not as a joke, for legislation that the term limits do not apply to him.

Do I owe beer for my 100th like?

Edited by turtlespeed
The question
  • Like 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No - That would be way to technical of a win.;)

Trump has to lobby seriously, not as a joke, for legislation that the term limits do not apply to him.

Do I owe beer for my 100th like?

I thought he'd have to have had to lobby seriously to make it so that crimes don't apply to him, too.... ;)

Edited by yoink

7 hours ago, yoink said:

Putin has already made a move to make it so that term limits don't apply to him... I bet you $100 Trump will do the same after the next election.

1 hour ago, yoink said:
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You're On - 

Someone please witness this?

Cool.

We're agreed that  I don't lose if Trump loses the election, right? (Not that I think he will).

Ya, I was thinking that too.  But also, what exactly is the bet?  Does he just have to make a move for no term limit, or does he actually have to succeed in achieving it?  Does it count if he remains if office because of some extraordinary circumstance?

And how do you define "making a move?"  Can he just joke about it at a rally to pump up the crowd, or does it have to be more serious and official, like in a twitter post?  - lol.

38 minutes ago, Coreece said:

And how do you define "making a move?"  Can he just joke about it at a rally to pump up the crowd, or does it have to be more serious and official, like in a twitter post?  - lol.

That'll work. And because he's an expert we should let Brent decide.