2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Madam President Pelosi.

I never would have thought this was as deep as it is.

But it is. Hoo boy. It is.

Trump, Pence, Barr, Nunes all dirty.

Republicans better step up, or step off.

I have no time for Trump, he’s a conman and liar. But honestly the Democratic Presidential candidate’s don’t look very strong against him. Certainly at this point none appear very presidential.

Do you think there is a dem that can win against Trump?

21 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I have no time for Trump, he’s a conman and liar. But honestly the Democratic Presidential candidate’s don’t look very strong against him. Certainly at this point none appear very presidential.

Any. At this point the critical requirement is to remove Trump.

Whoever wins the nomination should be voted in.

Our democracy is that much at risk IMO.

9 hours ago, nigel99 said:

And Trump has never appeared presidential.  So what is your point?

Any Functioning Adult - 2020

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

Trumpty should be thrilled that Ukraine has opened an investigation.

Ukraine Investigates Reports of Surveillance of Marie Yovanovitch

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/world/europe/ukraine-yovanovitch-investigation.html

Can't read it . . . I have enough subscriptions - I don't need or want another.

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

And Trump has never appeared presidential.  So what is your point?

Any Functioning Adult - 2020

My point is Trump is a moron but it appears that a significant number of Americans like him. No he’s never been presidential but that is the point he sells. 

I would imagine a strong candidate is needed, unless he anti trump sentiment is so strong that ‘anyone will do’, I personally would be in that camp.

8 hours ago, nigel99 said:

My point is Trump is a moron but it appears that a significant number of Americans like him. No he’s never been presidential but that is the point he sells. 

I would imagine a strong candidate is needed, unless he anti trump sentiment is so strong that ‘anyone will do’, I personally would be in that camp.

In this crowd, Charles Manson and Hitler would make a better duo than Trump Pence.

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

In this crowd, Charles Manson and Hitler would make a better duo than Trump Pence.

I agree and it pains me deeply.

As a parachutist that began my career in 1963 with the AF Air Combat Control and the Air Commandos patriotism and love of America set us apart. As the Vietnam war escalated I jumped with Green Berets and some SEALS. Sport parachutists were a warrior clan.

The spirit of the sport changed in 1972 with the advent of the drug culture, as did all America. 

(edited)

No, I'd vote for Trump before Manson; before David Duke, and plenty of other people. Ron, would you have voted for Manson over Obama?

And Ron -- was Susie Clements a warrior? Or was she just a babe, and therefore irrelevant? I only started in the 70's, but even among the longer-term jumpers there, there was a range of people. It could just be that where you jumped was a single culture, or it could be that your group was intimidating enough that everyone else just was quiet to avoid the shit. I'm not sure that's a sign of solidarity.

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

No, I'd vote for Trump before Manson; before David Duke, and plenty of other people. Ron, would you have voted for Manson over Obama?

And Ron -- was Susie Clements a warrior? Or was she just a babe, and therefore irrelevant? I only started in the 70's, but even among the longer-term jumpers there, there was a range of people. It could just be that where you jumped was a single culture, or it could be that your group was intimidating enough that everyone else just was quiet to avoid the shit. I'm not sure that's a sign of solidarity.

Wendy P.

I've heard of her but never met Suzie Clements. We were basically southern so, yes, single culture.

12 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Totally. Like, the 60's were known for not having any drugs at all.

1972 was when sport parachuting changed. Prior to that it was mostly juicers, some pot but mostly beer. When did Roger Nelson and Jeff Searles start smuggling?

You are too young to know that.

41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I've heard of her but never met Suzie Clements. We were basically southern so, yes, single culture.

Maybe, then, the warrior culture was somewhat regional. California, Massachusetts, and New Jersey might not have been into warrior culture. Just to name some of the notable non-southern biggies of the 60's from what I understand.

They're all real Americans.

Wendy P.

Trump's new attorneys for his defense at his Impeachment trial for removal from office:

Alan Dershowitz: Had sex with an underage girl provided by Jeffrey Epstein.

Ken Starr: Fired from Baylor University over rape scandal.

Pam Bondi: Received $25k bribe to drop investigation into Trump University.

Whoa.

5 minutes ago, normiss said:

Trump's new attorneys for his defense at his Impeachment trial for removal from office:

Whoa.

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Maybe, then, the warrior culture was somewhat regional. California, Massachusetts, and New Jersey might not have been into warrior culture. Just to name some of the notable non-southern biggies of the 60's from what I understand.

They're all real Americans.

Wendy P.

How bout the Pelican Skydivers?

I did not jump at DZs out of the south until 1979-80. Those were Los Lunas NM and Lodi CA. Then in the late 80s, Hemet, Perris Valley, and Paso Robles CA. Then I was just visiting and an outsider looking in.

Edited by RonD1120

19 hours ago, normiss said:

Whoa.

Yep. And in attendance whilst Biden will be campaigning in Iowa will be Warren and Sanders. I'm thinking Pelosi has made her preference clear.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:01 AM, JoeWeber said:

Yep. And in attendance whilst Biden will be campaigning in Iowa will be Warren and Sanders. I'm thinking Pelosi has made her preference clear.

And used her power to prove that.

I think the DNC did this to the Big B last election too.

Ask yourself this:  Who would have been better? Bernie or Trump?

But NOOOOOOO - The DNC had to have HRC.

I wrote Bernie in anyway.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:15 AM, headoverheels said:

In the real America, you still are.

The "real America" has always experienced internal conflict. Right the patriots are in control and the liberals are sucking hind wind.

I believe their pitiful position will be maintained for a long time. Because, they cannot compete in the field of ideas and they have no real leaders. The swamp is being drained.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I have no active interest in that disgusting practice. I have not seen any reference to the issue on President Trump's agenda.

That's because the battle has is already over, and liberalism won. Just like it is starting to win the healthcare battle. And has won the abortion battle. And many, many more. The world is moving forward and leaving the "patriots" behind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I believe their pitiful position will be maintained for a long time. Because, they cannot compete in the field of ideas and they have no real leaders. The swamp is being drained.

Liberals are winning, Ron.  Women can vote and own property.  Blacks can marry whites.  Blacks have all the same rights as whites have.  Gays have rights.   We have a free market.  (Yes, that's a liberal plank.)  We have reduced pollution.  We have a space program that now does nothing but scientific research.  We have the right to free speech, the right to own guns, the right to a trial by jury and the right to be secure in our home and possessions.  We have enacted limits on the power of government.  We have privatized industries from airlines to phone service to delivery services.  These will all continue - and are all a result of progressive liberalism changing the way things worked years (or decades, or centuries) before.

You can keep hoping for a return to the days where marriage is restricted by race and orientation, but you will fail.  Progress will continue and we will all be better for it.

• Like 2