2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

7 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

All those stations are owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. They have "must run segments". One of those is that they have to run Boris Ephshteyn commentary 9 times per week. Boris is a big Trump supporter and Sinclair Broadcasting is definitely used to push conservative messaging in a coordinated fashion.

Good to see you recognizing it as fake news narrative and coordinated talking points. I have a sense though that you didn't quite know the company or the message and will soon agree with what Sinclair is doing....

Glad someone beat me to this.  It's almost hilarious "through the looking glass" irony that the Qultists has now turned on Pro-Trump media (Sinclair Broadcasting).  Next, we'll hear that OANN and Christian News Radio are the only true news sources. 

I definitely miss the Tom Clancy style Q, back in the good old days when it was all secret arrests and perp-walks to Guantanamo Bay and secret actors pretending to be key political figures.  It was insane, but it was entertaining reading.

The latest one is basically "Q: the Forwards from Grandma" Edition.

Between this and the crowd attacking Don Jr at his stupid book thing, it seems like the 30% base that never changed opinion is starting to turn on them. I find this hilarious.

Edited by Skwrl

8 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Are you catching on?

Consciousness is being raised.

The Great Awakening

WWG1WGA

Pfft. I 'caught on' to the bullshit "Q" puts out a long time ago.

The number of fools that fall for it would be amusing if it wasn't so serious.
Their 'consciousness' isn't being raised.
They aren't 'awake'.

I've asked before, and you ignored it.

So here goes again:

Name one prediction that Q has made that came true.

HRC indicted?
Military Tribunals?
Trump dead?

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Trump accuses a witness of lying.

Hypocrisy score 100%

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/us/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-interview.html

Maybe he should allow his cronies to testify UNDER OATH.

Kinda funny that HRC appeared, testified and answered questions.

Yet Trump won't, and tried to prevent his minions from doing so.
Doesn't that fall under 'witness tampering' and 'obstruction of justice'?

A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani tells CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee (Nunes) had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/nunes-vienna-trip-ukrainian-prosecutor-biden/index.html

9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani tells CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee (Nunes) had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/nunes-vienna-trip-ukrainian-prosecutor-biden/index.html

I think Trump supporters have already switched from "he didn't do it" to "OK so he did it but it's not illegal."  

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

I think Trump supporters have already switched from "he didn't do it" to "OK so he did it but it's not illegal."  

I can kinda understand where they're coming from.

I think the message has gotten confused; particularly with the adoption of the Quid Pro Quo sound bite. I completely understand why Trump fans are saying this is a normal part of diplomacy and isn't illegal. That's because it is... Diplomacy is the art of negotiation and quid pro quo is usually how negotiation works. I'll give you something if you give me something.

But that's NOT what Trump is being investigated for. It's got NOTHING to do with asking for a favor. It's because he did it in relation to an active election campaign that he's being investigated - That's the illegal part. But because 'Quid Pro Quo' sounds good as a sound bite that's what the media runs with and that's why some of his base don't understand the problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoink said:

I think the message has gotten confused; particularly with the adoption of the Quid Pro Quo sound bite. I completely understand why Trump fans are saying this is a normal part of diplomacy and isn't illegal. That's because it is... Diplomacy is the art of negotiation and quid pro quo is usually how negotiation works. I'll give you something if you give me something.

Sure, QPQ is fine when the offer is something like:

"You take the missiles out of Cuba, and we will take the Jupiters out of Turkey."

But stopping aid already approved by Congress, for a personal favor is outside the bounds of diplomacy.

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Sure, QPQ is fine when the offer is something like:

"You take the missiles out of Cuba, and we will take the Jupiters out of Turkey."

But stopping aid already approved by Congress, for a personal favor is outside the bounds of diplomacy.

Absolutely agreed. That's my point... the nuance of what he's being investigated for might be getting lost in the 'QUID PRO QUO' media headlines. We already know that a majority of people don't listen to more than the headlines or read the title of articles - that's been proven in here time and again.

And if that's so, then it's no wonder that people think he's being investigated for something that isn't illegal.

You guys are all exceptional. You're in here because you ENJOY thinking about politics and discussing it. I'm prepared to bet that most people would simply say he's being investigated for 'quid pro quo' with Ukraine.

Edited by yoink

2 hours ago, yoink said:

But that's NOT what Trump is being investigated for. It's got NOTHING to do with asking for a favor. 

It is to do with asking for a favour. It's to do with asking for a personal benefit in return for state resources. It's not complicated or confusing, it's basic, straightforward and simple.

It's because he did it in relation to an active election campaign that he's being investigated - That's the illegal part. But because 'Quid Pro Quo' sounds good as a sound bite that's what the media runs with and that's why some of his base don't understand the problem.

You are being far to charitable to the right and unfair to the media. The media have explained the issue clearly. Almost the entirety of the Republican party have lied about it constantly. Any genuine confusion stems from the utter moral bankruptcy of every elected Republican who has stood up and lied about the proceedings, lied about Ukraine, lied about the witnesses, and lied about anything else they thought might help obfuscate the otherwise clear and obvious case.

For the most part the 'base' believe them because they choose to. They're all easily capable of understanding the issue, and would if they hadn't willingly jumped on the 'MSM always lies' bandwagon years ago. That's really their own fault though. They've put partisanship over truth just like the elected branch of the party has put partisanship over patriotic duty. The MSM can't explain anything to people who refuse to listen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yoink said:

But that's NOT what Trump is being investigated for. It's got NOTHING to do with asking for a favor. It's because he did it in relation to an active election campaign that he's being investigated - That's the illegal part. But because 'Quid Pro Quo' sounds good as a sound bite that's what the media runs with and that's why some of his base don't understand the problem.

The Constitution specifically lists bribery as an impeachable offense.

Bribery is defined in federal law (18USC section 201b): It is the act of giving, offering or promising anything of value — not just money or tangible items — to a public official to influence an official act. Likewise, the law bars public officials from soliciting anything of value in return for influencing the performance of an official act. In Trump’s case, two weeks of testimony under oath have shown that he solicited something of value from the Ukrainian government (dirt on a political opponent) in exchange for official acts (a White House meeting, the delivery of military aid).

This came up on FB today.  Anyone care to comment?

Here’s a Summary for those of you who care to know the REAL reason why the House of Representatives are calling for impeachment of President Trump.

Hunter Biden is former Vice-President Joe Biden’s son. He is 45 years old with a long history of drug abuse. Hunter Biden was kicked out of the military in 2014 for testing positive for cocaine. Shortly after that he was appointed to the board of directors of Burisma, Ukraine’s largest private producer of gas.

Two weeks before he was appointed, his father the Vice President of the United States encouraged Ukrainian leaders to place him on their board. Hunter Biden has ZERO experience or knowledge in the gas industry or in the Ukraine. He was paid $50,000 a month for his position on the board and a money transfer of 3 MILLION dollars was made from the Ukraine through Latvia, Cyprus, and finally to the US into accounts owned by Hunter Biden.

The top prosecutor in the Ukraine was investigating corruption and was getting ready to interview Hunter Biden regarding his dealings with Burisma and the apparent money laundering of the 3 million dollars. Before hunter Biden could be interviewed Joe Biden leaned on the Ukrainian government and threatened to withhold over 250 MILLION in US foreign aid unless the prosecutor was fired. The prosecutor was fired. The investigation into hunter Biden and Burisma ended, the Ukraine got the financial aid.

Hunter Biden was also involved in a deal with China where his father the Vice President was working on US business. This deal netted hunter Biden over 1.5 BILLION dollars! That story will bust wide open next. I mean what would cause China to hand over 1.5 BILLION dollars to a known drug addict who just happens to be the son of the Vice-President? Think that through America. It gets worse!!

The Vice-President Joe Biden took his son Hunter on Air Force Two with him to China in 2013. Ten DAYS after that trip, the Bank of China signed this deal with Hunter Biden’s company for over a 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS!! Some of this money went to a company called Henniges who makes very sensitive military equipment for the US military.

Wanna know who else was involved in the China deal as Hunter Biden’s Partners? You can’t make this stuff up people! While John Kerry was Secretary of State his stepson Chris Heinz and mob boss Whitey Bulger’s nephew Billy Bulger were partners in the company along with Hunter Biden. Wow right? The sons of the two most prominent decision makers in America!! How did that escape scrutiny!!

Amazing how the media isn’t even a tiny bit interested in this, and how as soon as it starts getting reported, they start impeachment proceedings against President Trump! They are hoping no one is paying attention, that the American people are too stupid, lazy, indifferent, and apathetic to pay attention. Don’t be one of those Americans. For goodness sake wake up and start actually thinking again instead of letting the media tell you what and when to be outraged about. Good grief what has happened to critical thinking?? Do most people even know they are merely pawns?

AND
I won’t even be a tiny bit surprised if Facebook removes this post so you might want to screen shot and/or share it quickly if you choose.

34 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Here’s a Summary for those of you who care to know the REAL reason why the House of Representatives are calling for impeachment of President Trump.

Hunter Biden is former Vice-President Joe Biden’s son. He is 45 years old with a long history of drug abuse. Hunter Biden was kicked out of the military in 2014 for testing positive for cocaine. Shortly after that he was appointed to the board of directors of Burisma, Ukraine’s largest private producer of gas.

Two weeks before he was appointed, his father the Vice President of the United States encouraged Ukrainian leaders to place him on their board. Hunter Biden has ZERO experience or knowledge in the gas industry or in the Ukraine. He was paid $50,000 a month for his position on the board and a money transfer of 3 MILLION dollars was made from the Ukraine through Latvia, Cyprus, and finally to the US into accounts owned by Hunter Biden.

The top prosecutor in the Ukraine was investigating corruption and was getting ready to interview Hunter Biden regarding his dealings with Burisma and the apparent money laundering of the 3 million dollars. Before hunter Biden could be interviewed Joe Biden leaned on the Ukrainian government and threatened to withhold over 250 MILLION in US foreign aid unless the prosecutor was fired. The prosecutor was fired. The investigation into hunter Biden and Burisma ended, the Ukraine got the financial aid.

Hunter Biden was also involved in a deal with China where his father the Vice President was working on US business. This deal netted hunter Biden over 1.5 BILLION dollars! That story will bust wide open next. I mean what would cause China to hand over 1.5 BILLION dollars to a known drug addict who just happens to be the son of the Vice-President? Think that through America. It gets worse!!

The Vice-President Joe Biden took his son Hunter on Air Force Two with him to China in 2013. Ten DAYS after that trip, the Bank of China signed this deal with Hunter Biden’s company for over a 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS!! Some of this money went to a company called Henniges who makes very sensitive military equipment for the US military.

Wanna know who else was involved in the China deal as Hunter Biden’s Partners? You can’t make this stuff up people! While John Kerry was Secretary of State his stepson Chris Heinz and mob boss Whitey Bulger’s nephew Billy Bulger were partners in the company along with Hunter Biden. Wow right? The sons of the two most prominent decision makers in America!! How did that escape scrutiny!!

Amazing how the media isn’t even a tiny bit interested in this, and how as soon as it starts getting reported, they start impeachment proceedings against President Trump! They are hoping no one is paying attention, that the American people are too stupid, lazy, indifferent, and apathetic to pay attention. Don’t be one of those Americans. For goodness sake wake up and start actually thinking again instead of letting the media tell you what and when to be outraged about. Good grief what has happened to critical thinking?? Do most people even know they are merely pawns?

AND
I won’t even be a tiny bit surprised if Facebook removes this post so you might want to screen shot and/or share it quickly if you choose.

I would suggest Google. It's infinitely more accurate than right wing nonsense.

Meanwhile....

Excellent analysis from Fareed Zakaria. It seems very clear that Trump wants to withdraw the USA from NATO. Sickening.

Here’s a big excerpt for those who can’t get the full article online:

“While impeachment has been dominating the headlines, we are missing a set of stories about U.S. foreign policy that might prove equally consequential. The Trump administration has been doubling down on a policy of unilateralism and isolationism — a combination that is furthering the abdication of American leadership and the creation of a much more unstable world.

“This week, talks between Washington and Seoul broke down after the Trump administration demanded a 400 percent increase in what South Korea pays for the stationing of U.S. troops in that country. The annual operating cost of the U.S. military presence there is approximately $2 billion. Seoul pays a little less than half that. Trump is asking for $4.7 billion.

“Meanwhile, as the American president ruptures the relationship with one of our closest allies, Trump’s bizarre infatuation with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un continues. Trump has once again called off joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea, even as North Korea has launched 24 missiles this year, all in violation of U.N. resolutions. Last Sunday, Trump asked for another date with the North Korean dictator, tweeting, “See you soon!” The response from North Korea: yet another dis. A North Korean official said that the country is not interested in having “useless” meetings with Washington.

“The frictions with South Korea will likely be replicated with America’s staunchest ally in the Pacific, Japan. Trump has also reportedly asked Japan for a significant hike in its payments to the United States. These demands are not simply damaging to the ties between key allies, they are also based on bad economics. If American troops were withdrawn from South Korea and Japan, they would have to be housed in the United States — where there would be no burden sharing and no contributions from Seoul and Tokyo. Unless Trump were planning to demobilize these troops and shrink the military — he is actually trying to expand it — forward deployment in the Asia-Pacific region makes both strategic and economic sense.

“Trump’s impulse everywhere is to quit the field. He has done so in the Middle East, ceding U.S. foreign policy to his favorite strongmen, Saudi Arabia’s Mohammed bin Salman and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The American withdrawal from northern Syria has handed over a large swath of the country to Turkey and bolstered Russia, Iran and the Bashar al-Assad regime. When Republican senators complained about the abandonment of the Syrian Kurds, who lost 10,000 troops supporting the U.S.-led fight against the Islamic State, Trump’s response was to let Erdogan show them a propaganda video claiming that our allies were actually terrorists.

“The Trump administration has also given up on support for broad-based norms and values. It withdrew from the U.N. Human Rights Council, ceding the field to countries such as China and Saudi Arabia. The American Civil Liberties Union has charged that the Trump administration has ended all cooperation with international human rights monitors in the United States. Trump’s tariffs have rocked the free-trade system, perhaps irretrievably. This week, the administration reversed the long-standing U.S. position that Israeli settlements violate international law.”

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

This came up on FB today.

"This came up on FB today???" Without any further reference to what source this came from, that's like saying "This is what grandpa mumbled this morning:" Or: "Newsflash! Some dude just said:"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

AND

Well done. You are now officially a part of the problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

People are saying that anyone who believes a Facebook post ending in "I won't even be a tiny bit surprised if Facebook removes this post. . . ." are the ones P.T. Barnum was referring to when he said “There's a sucker born every minute.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Sure thing.

You can’t make this stuff up people!

That bit right there. Turns out you can make it up.

What you just posted has been addressed so many times. So. Many. Times. Even some of the witnesses in the Impeachment hearing (non-partisan career diplomats)addressed it, calling it dangerous conspiracy theories.

I genuinely don't understand how, at this point in the process, someone who purports to be interested in politics does not know that already.

21 minutes ago, jakee said:

Sure thing.

That bit right there. Turns out you can make it up.

What you just posted has been addressed so many times. So. Many. Times. Even some of the witnesses in the Impeachment hearing (non-partisan career diplomats)addressed it, calling it dangerous conspiracy theories.

I genuinely don't understand how, at this point in the process, someone who purports to be interested in politics does not know that already.

Actually, one of the 'career diplomats' was reasonably partisan. Fiona Hill is pretty strongly conservative. 

But she's also enough of a patriot (the real kind) that she puts her country ahead of partisanship.

She's the one who made it pretty clear that these "Ukrainian conspiracy claims" (they do NOT meet the criteria to be considered 'theories') are coming from the Russian security services.

It's absolutely disgusting that there are people who are so intent on maintaining power that they promote Russian propaganda, to the detriment of the US and it's allies. 

9 hours ago, airdvr said:

Even IF it was true, it’s still not why he’s being investigated for impeachment. Didn’t you read my last 2 posts on exactly this subject? 

The president doesn’t get to try and dig this up by withholding aid during an election. That’s illegal.

THAT’S what he’s being impeached for.

If Biden has done something illegal or sketchy there are other avenues to investigate it.

care to comment?

Edited by yoink
  • Like 4

On 11/23/2019 at 9:39 AM, airdvr said:

Here’s a Summary for those of you who care to know the REAL reason why the House of Representatives are calling for impeachment of President Trump...

Comment? Sure. 

It's a load of shit.

Normiss posted a link to Heather Cox Richardson's FB page a bit ago. 
She has written fairly long posts most days on the hearings and the Rs response to them, pointing out the demonstrably false claims ("demonstrably false" meaning there's a lot of proof that they are lies).

From yesterday:
...We are 100% sure the Ukraine story is BS, and is planted by Putin, but some people are now pushing it even harder, which should make you suspicious...

...If you can force people to accept as reality something that is demonstrably false, you prove to both of you that you, the liar, is the one in charge and that the listener will submit...

The post starts off with Giuliani's absolutely insane assertions during an interview on Fox.

She very astutely points out that they people appearing on TV are NOT under oath and can say whatever they want.

Somehow it's not terribly surprising that they won't testify under oath.

So Trump fired the Secretary of the Navy over a convicted war criminal.

I'm lost in trying to understand how ANY active duty or veteran can support the disaster in the White House. Anyone for that matter.

I never thought I'd see the day that an American political party would support Russia over their own country either.

These are dark days in America.

• Like 2