2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

11 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

How many times has he been killed now.

That depends on the time of day. Time of day he was killed, time of day the golf game ended, and the time of day the photo was staged.

On the second or third killing I believe.

33 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

The staging was sooooooo bad.

"And it's really a deserving name, intelligence. I have dealt with some people that aren't very intelligent having to do with intel. But this is the top people."

At least he's dealing with the top people.

I know 5 year olds with more intelligence than this rube.

1 minute ago, normiss said:

"And it's really a deserving name, intelligence. I have dealt with some people that aren't very intelligent having to do with intel. But this is the top people."

At least he's dealing with the top people.

I know 5 year olds with more intelligence than this rube.

I have a 5 year old like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metalslug said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/trump-transcript-isis-al-baghdadi.html

Must be the same guy who worded the letter to Erdogan; Puerile locker room bravado... :(

If there's one thing a multi-time draft dodger understands, it's cowardice.

Meanwhile:

Russian defense ministry says it doubts whether the operation to kill al-Baghdadi even took place, there were no such strikes in Idlib "de-escalation zone" yesterday and it knows nothing about Russia cooperating with an American fly-over

• Like 1

“The Russian Defense Ministry has no reliable information about U.S. servicemen conducting an operation for ‘yet another’ elimination of the former Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the Turkish-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone,” Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, said in a statement, alluding to several reports of Baghdadi’s death over the years.

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/27/trump-style-terrorist-raid-baghdadi-059448

• Like 1

(edited)
On 10/26/2019 at 11:37 PM, JoeWeber said:

There is simply nothing dignified about our President. What a childish fool. If this is true compare it to Obama not wanting to spike the ball after taking out bin Laden.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:37 PM, JoeWeber said:

There is simply nothing dignified about our President. What a childish fool. If this is true compare it to Obama not wanting to spike the ball after taking out bin Laden.

Jesus Effen Christ - 

Trump could cure cancer, aging, and diabetes, and he'd still be wrong.

BUT - Obama was treated the same way, so I guess that makes it ok.

Edited by turtlespeed
Added content

41 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Jesus Effen Christ - 

Trump could cure cancer, aging, and diabetes, and he'd still be wrong.

But he hasn't. And what has he actually done here? As much as he might like to say 'Me, it was me, I did it, no-one else' he didn't do it himself. Soldiers did it, based on direction by the intelligence services. How much credit is Trump personally due for that?

What Trump is directly, personally responsible for is the public communication of it, and I'd love to see you try and make the case that his comments weren't utterly lacking any form of class, statesmanship or leadership. It was simply juvenile, as I'm sure you agree.

Just now, jakee said:

But he hasn't. And what has he actually done here? As much as he might like to say 'Me, it was me, I did it, no-one else' he didn't do it himself. Soldiers did it, based on direction by the intelligence services. How much credit is Trump personally due for that?

What Trump is directly, personally responsible for is the public communication of it, and I'd love to see you try and make the case that his comments weren't utterly lacking any form of class, statesmanship or leadership. It was simply juvenile, as I'm sure you agree.

BUT - Obama was treated the same way, so I guess that makes it ok.

Nah, Obama was treated far worse for far less.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ho Lee Fuk - 

You do realize that you are parroting the exact arguments and statements of angst given out by anti obamaists after the bin laden was shot?

See here  . . .

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/255891-obama...you-didnt-kill-usama-bin-laden/

Edited by turtlespeed
Added link

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Ho Lee Fuk - 

You do realize that you are parroting the exact arguments and statements of angst given out by anti obamaists after the bin laden was shot?

Yep, I can see how you'd think that.  Again, reality is different - but why get all stuck up on reality when a much more palatable spin is available on a blog?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakee said:

based on direction by the intelligence services.

Of course Trump has had Barr flying around the world trying to convince people to manufacture dirt on those same intelligence services....

If the dude is dead. Great. But that doesn't mean there can't be issues. Like telling the Russians first. Like complicating matters by withdrawing from Syria over tweet. Like the juvenile comments during a press conference. etc etc.

• Like 1

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Faicon9493 said:

We are getting closer to the bunker scene. Truth is on the outskirts and the fact barrage is intensifying.

Sounds a lot like "Some people" say that if there was a secret vote . . . . 

Yet . . . that isn't proper, is it?

I'm sure there will be extenuating circumstances that allow one politician to say things like "Some People Say", and other are berated for it . .  but hey - that's Bias and hypocrisy for you.

Edited by turtlespeed

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Sounds a lot like "Some people" say that if there was a secret vote . . . . 

Yet . . . that isn't proper, is it?

Yes, it is meaningless to claim that senators would do the right thing if only they did not have to answer for it. The same claims could be made about almost any vote in any legislative chamber.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Ho Lee Fuk - 

See here  . . .

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/255891-obama...you-didnt-kill-usama-bin-laden/

First - YOU bought up the issue of giving credit. No one here criticised Trump over that until YOU implied that he should be given so much credit that the rest of his behaviour should be immune from criticism. 

Second, are you so blind that you can’t see the difference? That thread was about a group criticising Obama simply because he publicly stated that Obama had been killed by US forces. No one is criticising Trump for making this death public. He’s being criticised for bragging about in language more suited to a 13 year old kid playing call of duty. So no, it’s not the same. And you know it’s not the same. Why can’t you behave honestly on here?

3 hours ago, Faicon9493 said:

We are getting closer to the bunker scene. Truth is on the outskirts and the fact barrage is intensifying.

Yep.  Note what happened at the World Series game.  Trump expected to be cheered - because he has surrounded himself with flatterers and yes-men, and almost all his public appearances are meticulously staged events with cheering fans carefully arranged around him.  He now thinks that is reality.

38 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  Note what happened at the World Series game.  Trump expected to be cheered - because he has surrounded himself with flatterers and yes-men, and almost all his public appearances are meticulously staged events with cheering fans carefully arranged around him.  He now thinks that is reality.

Exactly right.  That was so powerful and to be honest, it caught me off guard.  They've been so effective at keeping him out of situations where he isn't set up to look as unpopular as he is, I hadn't even noticed it until he showed his ass in an event like that.  It gave me goosebumps to see that.  In a good and a bad way.  Even though I've been on guard against all the propaganda being pumped out of this White House, I fell prey to forgetting just how deeply unpopular he is.  They've done an excellent job at staging everything to make it look like he has more support than he does. 

There - I've praised something this Administration has done well.

• Like 1

Trump's record as an egregious liar is such that most objective people  now reflexively disbelieve anything he says until it has been fact-checked.

Last Saturday General John Kelly,  Trump's former Chief of Staff,  stated in essence that if Trump is allowed to do what he wants, he will act in ways that will lead to his impeachment. 

Gen. Kelly is a decorated Marine with a distinguished record of serving the country for the bulk of his adult life. Would he really risk all of that b y making up lies about his conversations with the President? Seems unlikely,  especially when you consider that Trump, who is saying Kelly never said anything like this, has said more than 12,000 false or misleading things since coming into office.

(edited)
9 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Of course Trump has had Barr flying around the world trying to convince people to manufacture dirt on those same intelligence services....

If the dude is dead. Great. But that doesn't mean there can't be issues. Like telling the Russians first. Like complicating matters by withdrawing from Syria over tweet. Like the juvenile comments during a press conference. etc etc.

Juvenile comments during the press conference.

Ummmm...

Yeah. 

https://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_65e4b2750e9cdfded44bcb7c6ee33d30

Edit to add:

Apparently planning for this mission has been going on for a while. 

The original plan was expecting the US SF guys to still be in place with the Kurds.

Trump pulling all of them out, leaving no US assets on the ground, made them have to revise the plan and jeopardized it. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/28/donald-trumps-decision-withdraw-us-troops-syria-jeopardised/

And it may well be that he embellished the story about the raid. 

You know, lied about it.

Edited by wolfriverjoe