2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

55 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why am I being a hypocrite?

You're claiming Biden manipulated Ukraine for personal gain in the same way (or worse) than Trump. That's a lie that is significantly to Trump's benefit.

You're claiming Obama was in on it for reasons that had nothing to do with national interest. That's a lie that is significantly to Trump's benefit.

You're claiming Obama manipulated the office of the President for personal gain in the same ways that Trump is doing. That's a lie that is significantly to Trump's benefit - and you know it's a lie because you can't even provide the slightest detail about how you think he did it. You just assume, because you can't bear to think that Trump could possibly be any worse than a Democrat. Which is, I think you get the point.

If you don't think that counts as defending Trump, you're so far down the Republican rabbit hole you can't even remember what non-biased daylight looks like. Regardless of what you say.

Evidently you are claiming to be naive too.<face palm>

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Probably for a lot of the same reasons you are.

EXCEPT - I'm not supporting Trump - I am not defending Trump.

You are defending Trump.  Not because of what Jakee says, but because of what you say.

During Obama's time in office you regularly attacked him, asking why he wasn't obeying the law, and mocking those who claimed there were shades of gray.  Now that Trump is in office you have changed your tune - "well, everyone breaks the law, and there's really no such thing as right and wrong, and people who think so are naive."  You should take those issues up with Turtle circa 2012.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Evidently you are claiming to be naive too.<face palm>

What, because I don't actively accept your made up claim, with zero evidence to prove it, that Joe Biden pulled strings to get his son a position with a Ukrainian energy company? Right, so in addition to all the illegal shit we know Trump has pulled, all the bang in the open nepotism that infects the core of his administration, what could I just make up about Trump that you'd happily post in support of just because you're 'not naive'?

Did you know Trump supported Kavanaugh for the SC just because he'd already bribed him millions to rule in his favour? Do you want to post right now about how disgusted you are at that behaviour from Trump? I mean, you're not naive are you?

By the way, I notice that you again haven't addressed any salient points of fact, or offered any reason or evidence. Well, at least you had the good grace not to deny that you're lying.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

What, because I don't actively accept your made up claim, with zero evidence to prove it, that Joe Biden pulled strings to get his son a position with a Ukrainian energy company? Right, so in addition to all the illegal shit we know Trump has pulled, all the bang in the open nepotism that infects the core of his administration, what could I just make up about Trump that you'd happily post in support of just because you're 'not naive'?

Did you know Trump supported Kavanaugh for the SC just because he'd already bribed him millions to rule in his favour? Do you want to post right now about how disgusted you are at that behaviour from Trump? I mean, you're not naive are you?

By the way, I notice that you again haven't addressed any salient points of fact, or offered any reason or evidence. Well, at least you had the good grace not to deny that you're lying.

. . . And neither did you deny it.

I wasn't aware he did that wrt Kavanaugh.

If he did - we should prosecute.  Absolutely!

1 hour ago, billvon said:

You are defending Trump.  Not because of what Jakee says, but because of what you say.

During Obama's time in office you regularly attacked him, asking why he wasn't obeying the law, and mocking those who claimed there were shades of gray.  Now that Trump is in office you have changed your tune - "well, everyone breaks the law, and there's really no such thing as right and wrong, and people who think so are naive."  You should take those issues up with Turtle circa 2012.

7 years ago - 

Opinions change.

I think I have defended myself on this very point over, and over.  It seems selective memory, and perhaps willful ignorance is not just to be one of the accusations pointed at me, eh?

33 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

7 years ago - 

Opinions change.

I think I have defended myself on this very point over, and over.  It seems selective memory, and perhaps willful ignorance is not just to be one of the accusations pointed at me, eh?

I think it's fairly clear that you don't care that much for the dotard. It's even more clear that you think he is better than Obama or any D I could name.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I think it's fairly clear that you don't care that much for the dotard. It's even more clear that you think he is better than Obama or any D I could name.

Absolutely wrong - I have stated many times that I think Obama was a better president.

I'm also giving this one the benefit of the doubt until he is no longer our president.

I say this again and I hope for the last time, I am only pointing out the hypocrisy that exists.

I recognized my own.  I have grown.  I wish more here could. (not counting you personally in that mix)

Not being able to stomach a differing opinion than your own, well, its just not healthy.

When it gets to the point that you can't handle it - and have to shut out alternate views, well, that is telling as well.

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

Doubt?

There can be ZERO doubt, given the facts in front of every living human, that Trump is an idiot, a garbage human being, a racist, and a lifetime criminal.

He is destroying the American democracy. He has now directed the DOJ to give a special prosecutor powers to start a criminal Investigation into those at DOJ who found out Russia was helping Trump. They were doing their job.

This is NOT the country I swore an oath to. Our current "leadership" hurts me to my core.

This is the behavior that creates civil disobedience. Revolutions. Collapses of great nations.

#ThanksPutin

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I wasn't aware he did that wrt Kavanaugh.

If he did - we should prosecute.  Absolutely!

What do you mean, if? You're not naive enough to think he didn't, are you? Why aren't you condemning it now?

15 hours ago, piisfish said:

For non-US politics experts, what would be the future timeline of the impeachment process? 
what are the next steps? Deadlines ?

At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.

• First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.
  • Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitutea while the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".
  • Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office.

I'm guessing the investigation by the HJC will take a while.  Dems have to be careful not to step on their dicks while they sling shit.

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

• First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.
  • Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitutea while the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".
  • Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office.

I'm guessing the investigation by the HJC will take a while.  Dems have to be careful not to step on their dicks while they sling shit.

They couldn't sling it if it were not there to be slung.  Unfortunately there IS plenty of it.

(edited)

Are you seriously saying that there is nothing there, that Trumps call was "perfect" as in completely in line with only our national interests, that there was no intention to get dirt on Biden or that he used military aid desperately needed by the Ukrainians to fight invading Russians as leverage to benefit himself? That it was none of that and it's just slinging shit?

Edited by JoeWeber

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Are you seriously saying that there is nothing there, that Trumps call was "perfect" as in completely in line with only our national interests, that there was no intention to get dirt on Biden or that he used military aid desperately needed by the Ukrainians to fight invading Russians as leverage to benefit himself? That it was none of that and it's just slinging shit?

No...what I'm saying is the Dems have to be careful to not make themselves look bad while investigating the impeachment claims.  Not saying Trump hasn't stepped in it.  I'm saying they've all stepped in it.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

No...what I'm saying is the Dems have to be careful to not make themselves look bad while investigating the impeachment claims.  Not saying Trump hasn't stepped in it.  I'm saying they've all stepped in it.

Inside the four corners of what, for convenience, I'll define as the Ukrainian Phone Fiasco what have the D's stepped in? I'll agree in advance they've handled it in a sub optimum manner, Neal failing to get Trumps taxes when the chance was given, for example. But what have they done that in any way equates with the crimes they are investigating now?

Thank God someone is slinging through all the shit to get to the bottom of what's going on.  (Although I suspect they are far from the bottom.)

toles.JPG

(edited)

At 6:23PM Eastern Time President You Have Got To Be Pulling My Dick tweeted "Something very big has just happened!" F'n outstanding. Great news from our Commander in Chief. Short on details as ever but Great, nonetheless. So inquiring minds want to know, has he just heard about Area 51 or did he just now realize that by bending far forward he can see his toes? Maybe Putin cancelled his loans, who can guess, but tonight sleep tight and thank God for President Trump.

Edited by JoeWeber

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

At 6:23PM Eastern Time President You Have Got To be Pulling My Dick tweeted "Something very big has just happened!" F'n outstanding. Great news from our Commander in Chief. Short on details as ever but Great, nonetheless. So inquiring minds want to know, has he just heard about Area 51 or did he just now realize that by bending far forward he can see his toes? Maybe Putin cancelled his loans, who can guess, but tonight sleep tight and thank God for President Trump.

.... is his best tweet. People are saying.

40 minutes ago, ryoder said:

There is simply nothing dignified about our President. What a childish fool. If this is true compare it to Obama not wanting to spike the ball after taking out bin Laden.