2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

With all the whining Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz have been doing about the impeachment process, it reminded me of this gem just a couple years ago.  Feast your eyes on this trip down memory lane:

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:20 am ET

McConnell Says ‘You Complain About Process When You're Losing’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) had pointed words for Democrats who complained that the tax bill was passed in the dead of night, with legislation written so quickly that lawmakers voted on a bill with some provisions handwritten into the margins.

"You complain about process when you're losing, and that's what you heard on the floor tonight," Mr. McConnell said.

Mr. McConnell also said statements he has made for months that $1.4 trillion of tax cuts wouldn't reduce the government's revenue still held. "I'm totally confident this is a revenue-neutral bill," said Mr. McConnell, brushing aside congressional forecasts that even after factoring in the economic boosts of a tax cut, the bill would leave the country with a $1 trillion deficit. "I think it's going to be a revenue producer," Mr. McConnell said.

18 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Good one¬¬

I snickered too...while shaking my head in continued disbelief.

I'm rather crushed to realize Russia did in fact, actually win the Cold War.

It just took longer than I realized.

We are doing our best to become a third world country now.

(edited)
6 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Hillary

Oh For FUCKS SAKE.

Get over Hillary. 

She’s a non entity. She hasn’t been relevant for 3 years.There is someone actually in power who is deliberately dismantling democracy and the government that you served. 

Hillary is not and never was the Commander in Chief. Trump IS.

What fucking sane individual really gives a flying shit about something that Hillary Clinton did or didn’t do half a decade ago and uses that as some sort of argument point??? You’re better than that - at least I always thought so. You’re not Rushmc.

Yes. Hillary was an asshole. The democratic process did it’s job and ensured she didn’t get elected. Now, the same thing has to happen to whoever does the likewise... 

Edited by yoink

16 minutes ago, yoink said:

Hillary is not and never was the Commander in Chief. Trump IS.  What fucking sane individual really gives a flying shit about something that Hillary Clinton did or didn’t do half a decade ago and uses that as some sort of argument point?

But her emails

• Like 1

(edited)

Bolton Objected to Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Calling Giuliani ‘a Hand Grenade’

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/us/politics/bolton-giuliani-fiona-hill-testimony.html

“I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers, according to the testimony.

My opinion of Bolton just improved!

Edited by ryoder

(edited)

Once upon a time (around 1933) we also had a guy,
- who surprisingly became the leader of the nation
- who knew all the big words
- who knew all the answers to all the problems
- who knew which people were the root of many problems
- who had his supporters cheer on his rallies
- who denounced his political opponents
- who didn‘t give a damn about treaties

Oh, by the way, it didn‘t end too well…...

Edited by phantomII
spelling
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I like bananas because they have no bones. Next time you think about what approach to use in a debate, make sure both minds, logical and emotional, are satisfied somewhere in the mix.

OK, try this. 

"Ms. Hill, the senior director for European and Russian affairs, testified that Mr. Giuliani and his allies circumvented the usual national security process to run their own foreign policy efforts, leaving the president’s official advisers aware of the rogue operation yet powerless to stop it."

Can you agree that whatever you think of Trump personally, that this - the rampant disorganisation, the nepotism and cronyism, the routine circumventing of ethics, process and oversight, the sheer disregard for the good of the country over the fortunes of the administration that leads to a private associate of the President with no official government role being able to formulate and implement foreign policy at his own discretion - this should disqualify any right thinking, logical person from being able to support the Trump Presidency? 

Emotionally it shocks me. I didn't realise you guys were in the king-making business.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yoink said:

Get over Hillary. 

She’s a non entity. She hasn’t been relevant for 3 years

True. I was just addressing the Professor's usual one line snarky retort. The fact of the matter is; this forum has degenerated to a "If you don't agree with my pissed off of the moment - you must also be a racist, misogynist, homophobic islamaphobic, etc. etc. piece of shit." It gets really old.   

16 hours ago, kallend said:

How do you describe those who enable a proven liar, admitted adulterer and fraud who has just betrayed US allies in Syria resulting in the release of ISIS prisoners?  POS seems appropriate to me. 

Fools? Marks (victims of a con man)? 

Blind? Completely, totally & utterly ignorant and insular?

I am no longer able to understand the otherwise decent people who actually back that idiot. 

The evidence of his criminal behavior is overwhelming, yet they continue the "Fake News" garbage.

It's absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

True. I was just addressing the Professor's usual one line snarky retort. The fact of the matter is; this forum has degenerated to a "If you don't agree with my pissed off of the moment - you must also be a racist, misogynist, homophobic islamaphobic, etc. etc. piece of shit." It gets really old.   

True: you dusted off the Hillary meme and promptly received what you claim to loathe. Perhaps the degeneration you see here is a reflection of the degeneration of our nations highest office. In fact, Trump is all that you listed and a whole lot more that is bad. I'm one who is beyond tired of listening to any defenses of his behavior. To wit: if you think he's a good president because of "A", then either you are a "B" or an ignoramus or both. I'm good with that.

As far as the Professor goes, be patient. We're working with him. He's not yet ready to do a little stand-up but I feel a breakthrough coming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

If you don’t want to be considered racist, bigoted, etc. then stop enabling a racist bigot who admits to grabbing women by the pussy, who betrays allies for personal advantage, whose business acumen is demonstrated by multiple bankruptcies that left his investors holding the bag, who ran a fraudulent “university” and whose foundation was forcibly shut down for illegal activities.

Pretty simple, really.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kallend said:

If you don’t want to be considered racist, bigoted, etc. then stop enabling a racist bigot who admits to grabbing women by the pussy, who betrays allies for personal advantage, whose business acumen is demonstrated by multiple bankruptcies that left his investors holding the bag, who ran a fraudulent “university” and whose foundation was forcibly shut down for illegal activities.

Pretty simple, really.

Most Trump supporters will deny being racists. But they are willing to tolerate racist behavior and don't see a problem with that. How is that different from being racist? Racist is as racist does.

• Like 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I agree with that. So rise above it.

I’ve lost count of the number of posts I’ve written, gone to bed, then deleted before posting the next morning.

Hillary was a colossal mistake, although an unproven one for the most part. Trump is a PROVEN liar, coward, idiot, narcissist, racist and arguably, traitor. That doesn’t make his supporters those things. 

Edited by yoink

14 minutes ago, yoink said:

I agree with that. So rise above it.

I’ve lost count of the number of posts I’ve written, gone to bed, then deleted before posting the next morning.

Hillary was a colossal mistake, although an unproven one for the most part. Trump is a PROVEN liar, coward, idiot, narcissist, racist and arguably, traitor. That doesn’t make his supporters those things. 

True, it’s possible they are just plain ignorant. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

True, it’s possible they are just plain ignorant. 

And once again you step over the bounds of acceptable discussion to direct insults. Your MO of posting is to make indirect insults like this far beyond what others have been banned for. It's not clever. It's not subtle. In my opinion it's unacceptable on this forum and you should be given a ban for it.

Make an argument without being insulting professor, unless that’s beyond your faculties?

I can understand how people support Trump. I can even agree with some of his ideas. That doesn't mean I agree with the execution of those ideas or support him when he does abhorrent things. To simply suggest I or any other poster here is 'Ignorant' just because they disagree with your particular view is unbelievably arrogant and unfortunately, is a typical response of yours.

This is a discussion board. To engender discussion requires at least an effort to understand a different point of view. You've missed that for a while, IMO.

Your premise of 'enabling a racist makes you a racist' is fundamentally flawed. It doesn't. You can support Trump's economic policies while decrying his social ones, for example. Not speaking out against racism doesn't make you a racist - at worst it makes you a coward. Sometimes it just makes you human.

Make better arguments that don't devolve into name calling.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, yoink said:

And once again you step over the bounds of acceptable discussion to direct insults. Your MO of posting is to make indirect insults like this far beyond what others have been banned for. It's not clever. It's not subtle. In my opinion it's unacceptable on this forum and you should be given a ban for it.

Make an argument without being insulting professor, unless that’s beyond your faculties?

I can understand how people support Trump. I can even agree with some of his ideas. That doesn't mean I agree with the execution of those ideas or support him when he does abhorrent things. To simply suggest I or any other poster here is 'Ignorant' just because they disagree with your particular view is unbelievably arrogant and unfortunately, is a typical response of yours.

This is a discussion board. To engender discussion requires at least an effort to understand a different point of view. You've missed that for a while, IMO.

Your premise of 'enabling a racist makes you a racist' is fundamentally flawed. It doesn't. You can support Trump's economic policies while decrying his social ones, for example. Not speaking out against racism doesn't make you a racist - at worst it makes you a coward. Sometimes it just makes you human.

Make better arguments that don't devolve into name calling.

He said it was possible.

It is that.

Ignoring and accepting any form of hatred does make one a supporter of it.

Tolerance is acceptance and support, downright enabling.

Trump is a criminally disgusting excuse for a human. It's been beyond obvious for years.

Those that would support such a person are enablers. The majority of those seem to celebrate in his degradation of everything respectful, honorable, and human.

I don't understand how we even got here to be honest. I've never seen such broad support for everything anti-human, anti-American, anti-decency, anti-normal.

This isn't who we were as a nation.

(edited)
32 minutes ago, normiss said:

He said it was possible.

It is that.

Ignoring and accepting any form of hatred does make one a supporter of it.

Tolerance is acceptance and support, downright enabling.

Trump is a criminally disgusting excuse for a human. It's been beyond obvious for years.

Those that would support such a person are enablers. The majority of those seem to celebrate in his degradation of everything respectful, honorable, and human.

I don't understand how we even got here to be honest. I've never seen such broad support for everything anti-human, anti-American, anti-decency, anti-normal.

This isn't who we were as a nation.

I could say 'it's possible you snore a like an adenoidal warthog and have all the sex appeal of Anne Rand and Angela Merkel after a head swap operation'...

;)

I don't think that would be acceptable. Simply saying 'it's possible' before hand doesn't magically make it less of an insult. It's like 'I don't mean to offend you, but...' .

You are about to say something offensive.

Kallend has a history of posting backhanded insults like this, and the result is that posters who could contribute to a useful discussion feel like he's being allowed to directly insult them. If he has a specific argument then he should make it. Not just say 'some people who think 'x' are cretins. Not saying YOU'RE one just because you think that, of course...' all while sniggering into his hand. This is just as anti-human behavior, IMO.

For a simple position, I agree with you. If someone is only widely known as a racist (take David Duke for an example), and you either support or enable his behavior then there's a good chance you're a racist too. Politics, particularly at the level of the presidency is murkier. Trump isn't a one-policy person. I believe someone can believe in one policy without directly supporting another. 

Do you honestly believe that EVERY person who agrees with anything Trump says is a racist??? Of course not. It's more complicated than that. 

Sad days.

Edited by yoink

4 minutes ago, yoink said:

Do you honestly believe that EVERY person who agrees with anything Trump says is a racist??? 

Hi Will,

I do not believe anyone has said that.  IMO they have said that if you support Trump's racist policies/opinions then you are a racist.

See the difference?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  IMO John Kallend's 1-liners are perfectly acceptable in any debate.  Is not another person's place to tell him what he can/cannot post as long it is not directed at a particular person.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Will,

I do not believe anyone has said that.  IMO they have said that if you support Trump's racist policies/opinions then you are a racist.

See the difference?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  IMO John Kallend's 1-liners are perfectly acceptable in any debate.  Is not another person's place to tell him what he can/cannot post as long it is not directed at a particular person.

I'll leave it here. I'm obviously seeing things differently to you guys. It looked to me as though that was exactly what normiss was saying. Maybe I need a beer and a re-read.

I believe it's possible to agree with (for example) Trump's policy on gun control while standing against his racism, sexism, narcissism and everything else. There's a difference between philosophical and tacit agreement and support.

I do not believe everyone who support Trump is racist. I do think the human condition is more complicated than that and that sometimes people don't always stand up to fight for things that maybe they should. Maybe they're afraid. Maybe they just don't need the hassle right at that second. That doesn't make them racist.

Edited by yoink

27 minutes ago, yoink said:

I could say 'it's possible you snore a like an adenoidal warthog and have all the sex appeal of Anne Rand and Angela Merkel after a head swap operation'...

;)

I don't think that would be acceptable. Simply saying 'it's possible' before hand doesn't magically make it less of an insult. It's like 'I don't mean to offend you, but...' .

You are about to say something offensive.

Kallend has a history of posting backhanded insults like this, and the result is that posters who could contribute to a useful discussion feel like he's being allowed to directly insult them. If he has a specific argument then he should make it. Not just say 'some people who think 'x' are cretins. Not saying YOU'RE one just because you think that, of course...' all while sniggering into his hand. This is just as anti-human behavior, IMO.

For a simple position, I agree with you. If someone is only widely known as a racist (take David Duke for an example), and you either support or enable his behavior then there's a good chance you're a racist too. Politics, particularly at the level of the presidency is murkier. Trump isn't a one-policy person. I believe someone can believe in one policy without directly supporting another. 

Do you honestly believe that EVERY person who agrees with anything Trump says is a racist??? Of course not. It's more complicated than that. 

Sad days.

Ayn Rand, yo. Are you drunk posting? I am.