2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm convinced he's right; I've been beating that drum all along. But who? Michael Bloomberg? Sherrod Brown?

I have quite a few friends who are both quite conservative and fairly impressed with Tulsi Gabbard.  She's very inexperienced, but hey -- it's not like the Cheeto-in-chief had any real experience. If she were at least on the ticket, even if not the top, it might attract some of them. 

Obviously among my conservative friends there are a number who think she might just be a moozlim, but some of them probably think Jesus invented the Easter Bunny, too. As a former Texas skydiver, I have quite a few rantingly conservative friends.

Wendy P.

32 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I have quite a few friends who are both quite conservative and fairly impressed with Tulsi Gabbard.  She's very inexperienced, but hey -- it's not like the Cheeto-in-chief had any real experience. If she were at least on the ticket, even if not the top, it might attract some of them. 

Obviously among my conservative friends there are a number who think she might just be a moozlim, but some of them probably think Jesus invented the Easter Bunny, too. As a former Texas skydiver, I have quite a few rantingly conservative friends.

Wendy P.

Do you think enough conservatives would vote for a woman right now, regardless of policy or experience? Shades of Hillary n'all.

7 minutes ago, yoink said:

Do you think enough conservatives would vote for a woman right now, regardless of policy or experience? Shades of Hillary n'all.

Some won't. 

But I don't think a lot (enough to matter).

The 'shades of Hillary' would have to include E-Mails, Benghazi, Pizza parlors with child sex rings in basements that don't exist (both the basement and the sex ring), murderous plots and all that.

Hillary didn't lose because she was a woman. As noted above, she lost because she was on the receiving end of one of the most viscous and protracted character assassination efforts in modern history.

• Like 2

Part of the reason for that hate was her taking a strong role in health care redesign when she was First Lady; it was seen as inappropriate for a First Lady, because she's supposed to take on womanly things. Remember the cookie debate (i.e. she had to prove that she could make cookies). So I think part of that hate was because she was a woman who showed ambition 25+ years ago, and she just became the figurehead for "all that is despicable Democratic." Except, of course, when she was a (apparently very effective) senator.

Wendy P.

(edited)
5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Except, of course, when she was a (apparently very effective) senator.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

And then she was a damn good Sec of State.  That woman worked her butt off.

But, like you say, she was a woman.

One can only hope for the future,

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

They'd paint her a cultist in no time flat. I think this parsing of how many would vote for this person who is a _______________ , fill in the blank thing, is wrong. The majority will vote for a hetero white male. Now that's flat out stupid on so many levels, no question. But the only social wrong we should be focused on righting is the 2016 election of Donald Trump. If we can get rid of him there's a chance to get back on track. If we don't we're ______________ fill in the blank.

16 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Two Giuliani Associates Who Helped Him on Ukraine Charged With Campaign-Finance Violations

https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-foreign-born-men-who-helped-giuliani-on-ukraine-arrested-on-campaign-finance-charges-11570714188

Hi Robert,

This might be easier for people to access:  https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/10/rudy-giuliani-ukraine-associates-indicted-043873

Jerry Baumchen

27 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Two Giuliani Associates Who Helped Him on Ukraine Charged With Campaign-Finance Violations

https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-foreign-born-men-who-helped-giuliani-on-ukraine-arrested-on-campaign-finance-charges-11570714188

So what you're saying is that two guys who tried to funnel a Russian donor's money into Trump's campaign have been arrested and are now being represented by Trump's lawyer.  I'm just gonna grab some popcorn.

27 minutes ago, DJL said:

So what you're saying is that two guys who tried to funnel a Russian donor's money into Trump's campaign have been arrested and are now being represented by Trump's lawyer.  I'm just gonna grab some popcorn.

Sekulow in a brief comment says case involving Giuliani associates not connected to Trump: “Read the indictment. Neither the candidate nor the campaign have anything to do with the scheme these guys were involved in"

That's rather funny.

6 minutes ago, normiss said:

Sekulow in a brief comment says case involving Giuliani associates not connected to Trump: “Read the indictment. Neither the candidate nor the campaign have anything to do with the scheme these guys were involved in"

That's rather funny.

Love to hear the Q+A after that one:

"But didn't they funnel money to Trump's campaign?"  "Well, it could have been anyone's campaign.  Just because it was for Trump doesn't mean it's related to Trump."

"But weren't both men working with Giiliani to investigate Biden's son, which has been the center of the impeachment efforts?" "Look, it could have been anyone's son they were investigating!  It's just a coincidence that it was the same thing that Trump was pushing."

And from America's finest news source:

================

WASHINGTON—Opting to take more of a wait-and-see approach instead of rushing to pass judgment, Republican lawmakers reportedly looked on in silence Tuesday as President Trump worked his way through each of their families and, one by one, strangled all their loved ones to death. “After I watched the president slowly and methodically squeeze the life out of my wife’s body as she gasped, futilely, for breath, he gave me his personal assurance that he was not responsible for her death, so I continue to stand by this administration,” said Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), who along with every Republican in both the House and Senate stated that while killing off their families in cold blood might not be entirely proper, it was certainly not an impeachable offense, no matter how the media tried to spin it. “Now, this is not an action I would have taken myself. I personally would not have wrapped my hands around my 5-year-old son’s neck and crushed his windpipe. But if Donald Trump’s approach to governing is sometimes a bit outside the ordinary, that’s because Donald Trump is no ordinary president. And maybe that’s not such a bad thing.” Later, with his beloved sister’s face turning purple as the commander-in-chief asphyxiated her with a length of barbed wire, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) appeared on several television news networks and said impeaching the president for her imminent death would be “insane.”

===============

A senior West Wing staffer told Trump that he had a dream, in which Trump got his huge military parade after all, complete with thousands of cheering, flag-waving people in the streets.

"Was I smiling?" Trump asked.

"I don't know," the aide replied. "It was a closed casket."

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 3:34 PM, wmw999 said:

Part of the reason for that hate was her taking a strong role in health care redesign when she was First Lady; it was seen as inappropriate for a First Lady, because she's supposed to take on womanly things. Remember the cookie debate (i.e. she had to prove that she could make cookies). So I think part of that hate was because she was a woman who showed ambition 25+ years ago, and she just became the figurehead for "all that is despicable Democratic." Except, of course, when she was a (apparently very effective) senator.

Wendy, so nice to see it written ANYWHERE that someone remembers her standing up for better healthcare 25 years ago (and getting slaughtered for it.)
Whatever else she may be (and she is definitely an "old-style politician" with all the baggage that includes), I was frustrated to no end that no one on the left--the part of the left that vilified her almost as much as the right--remembered and honored this--although most likely they were all not born yet (but they could have educated themselves a bit before vilifying her?...oh well: I realize that is a completely unreasonable expectation)
Anyway, it gave me joy reading that short statement from you! :-)  (and I guess that means you must be a little over 20?)

Once could be a mistake. But twice?

Admittedly, this is the most incompetent administration I can think of (and not just high level government).

But I'm starting to wonder if someone in the White House is adding an 'extra' name to the distribution list (I doubt anyone on the Trump team would catch it).
Or perhaps someone on the authorized list is sick & tired of Trump's crap and has decided to share this stuff.

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Once could be a mistake. But twice?

Admittedly, this is the most incompetent administration I can think of (and not just high level government).

But I'm starting to wonder if someone in the White House is adding an 'extra' name to the distribution list (I doubt anyone on the Trump team would catch it).
Or perhaps someone on the authorized list is sick & tired of Trump's crap and has decided to share this stuff.

<BCC>

On 10/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, SkyDekker said:

Just in case people need a reminder what a racist piece of shit Trump is. Those who support him really are no better in my book.

I like bananas because they have no bones. Next time you think about what approach to use in a debate, make sure both minds, logical and emotional, are satisfied somewhere in the mix.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I like bananas because they have no bones. Next time you think about what approach to use in a debate, make sure both minds, logical and emotional, are satisfied somewhere in the mix.

How do you describe those who enable a proven liar, admitted adulterer and fraud who has just betrayed US allies in Syria resulting in the release of ISIS prisoners?  POS seems appropriate to me. 

20 minutes ago, kallend said:

How do you describe those who enable a proven liar, admitted adulterer and fraud who has just betrayed US allies in Syria resulting in the release of ISIS prisoners?  POS seems appropriate to me. 

Department of State is now a religious pulpit.

I could have sworn we had a revolution over this issue...