2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi yobnoc,

Hmm, where have I seen this before:  'PS)  Does anyone think that Romney might now take him on?'

Jerry Baumchen

Again: if he did, he'd be almost certainly doomed to lose yet again.  I have a feeling he will stay in the senate for now.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Lets impeach him and get Pence into office, that way we could get all of the good policy without the drama stupidity and nonsense. 

I wouldn't be so quick on that.  Pence should probably be lawyering up too, if he was party to this conspiracy to enlist a foreign power to influence our election.

1 minute ago, yobnoc said:

I wouldn't be so quick on that.  Pence should probably be lawyering up too, if he was party to this conspiracy to enlist a foreign power to influence our election.

Not the first time

https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html#173b3024359a

But I guess it is OK when the Ds do it.

2 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Classic whataboutism: bring up something from 30+ years ago to try to deflect from a problem today.  Pretty weak sauce you got there, man.

Well, an R made a statement to the effect of "finding someone guilty without trial".

Of course, the impeachment process is the beginning of what will end up being a trial, with the Senate as jury.

But he apparently doesn't know that.
Or expects that the Trumpettes can't understand that. Probably right on that part.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, an R made a statement to the effect of "finding someone guilty without trial".

Of course, the impeachment process is the beginning of what will end up being a trial, with the Senate as jury.

But he apparently doesn't know that.
Or expects that the Trumpettes can't understand that. Probably right on that part.

I hope you are not referring to me.  I don't think Trump is evil, I don't think Trump is some sort of Machiavellian genius.  I think Trump is an IDIOT, full stop.  I think Trump is nothing more than a simple organism guided by an endocrine response.  If it feels good, it must be good, if it feels bad, it must be bad.  Trump intellect operates on a level no higher than that of an earthworm.  It should tell you something that our county chose an earthworm over the alternative and will again if the Ds don't get their house in order.

Edited by brenthutch

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It should tell you something that our county chose an earthworm over the alternative

That sums it up very nicely.

Hopefully the concept of "anybody but...." has been shown to be disastrous enough for it not to happen again.

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

He has an excellent track record of wiggling free, I'm just thinking this may be too much to out wiggle.

That's the main arguement I have over this, that I think there's plenty of wiggle.  As I understand it the full transcript will be made public or available so we'll see how well it matches the memorandum but to me this looks exactly how Trump talks to anyone, he never varies outside of his own brand of dealmaking jargon and he speaks in streams of consciousness.

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I hope you are not referring to me.  I don't think Trump is evil, I don't think Trump is some sort of Machiavellian genius.  I think Trump is an IDIOT, full stop.  I think Trump is nothing more than a simple organism guided by an endocrine response.  If it feels good, it must be good, if it feels bad, it must be bad.  Trump intellect operates on a level no higher than that of an earthworm.  It should tell you something that our county chose an earthworm over the alternative and will again if the Ds don't get their house in order.

Did you make a public statement that was broadcast on the TV news?

Why do you think it's about you?

As far as Trump goes, he's no fool. Not as smart as he likes to think, but well above the 'earthworm' level.

He's a hell of a good con man. He will do or say anything to get what he wants. He doesn't care who gets hurt in the process. He doesn't care who he has to work with or their motives or subsequent harm done by them (KJU, Putin, House of Saud, ect).

He likely became a candidate because he saw it as a money making opportunity. He could con people into giving him money, spend campaign funds at his own places, that sort of thing. He's doing the exact same thing while in office.

He also found that his hateful, divisive, derogatory rhetoric resonated very well with a certain segment of the population. "Build the Wall", "Lock Her Up", ect. 
I have no clue how much of this he actually believes or subscribes to (Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, Nazis & KKK are fine people), but the fact that he continues to advocate this garbage is disgusting. 

I'd love to see him in prison. The latest allegations may not be adequate for that by themselves, but when taken is total with the rest of his misdeeds, it's pretty apparent that he's committed numerous felonies since becoming a candidate. The Mueller report detailed that pretty well. 

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Text of the whistleblower's complaint (unclassified part):

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/26/politics/read-whistleblower-complaint-trump-ukraine/index.html

Especially interesting:

To me that looks like the issue was covering up for Trump rather than the actual content of the conversation.  When will people learn that they end up in jail for doing this and Trump washes his hands of them.

21 hours ago, DJL said:

To continue, there's no "this for that" request or agreement

That is an unrealistic standard. There NEVER is an explicit "this for that". When someone comes to your business with 3 goons carrying baseball bats, and suggests you purchase protection, because it would be really helpful to make sure no one trashes your store in the near future, there is no explicit "this for that" and yet it is quite obvious what is meant. The reason Trump used to keep repeating "no collusion" and "no tit for tat" is because he wants to set the goal line at specific standards that are impossible to be met with any certainty. He is setting up his ability to say at the end: See: "no collusion", no matter what was revealed: "collusion", for example isn't a legal term, so was never going to be in the report, so he was sure that he would be right in the end--same here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mbohu said:

That is an unrealistic standard. There NEVER is an explicit "this for that". When someone comes to your business with 3 goons carrying baseball bats, and suggests you purchase protection, because it would be really helpful to make sure no one trashes your store in the near future, there is no explicit "this for that" and yet it is quite obvious what is meant. The reason Trump used to keep repeating "no collusion" and "no tit for tat" is because he wants to set the goal line at specific standards that are impossible to be met with any certainty. He is setting up his ability to say at the end: See: "no collusion", no matter what was revealed: "collusion", for example isn't a legal term, so was never going to be in the report, so he was sure that he would be right in the end--same here.

Also remember that Senate impeachment proceedings would be led by Mitch McConnell who will echo my sentiment that the conversation stands alone, peppered with placation and was not a formal directive for action.  Trump's genuine best defense is that he always speaks in a stream of consciousness, has no knowledge or regard for the line between formal an informal communication, always hold back funding or support simply to make people sweat and always blocks inquiries into his actions and communications.  I think it's a very realistic standard that in order for Mitch McConnell to agree to impeachment that the language needs to be absolutely airtight.

15 minutes ago, DJL said:

Also remember that Senate impeachment proceedings would be led by Mitch McConnell who will echo my sentiment that the conversation stands alone, peppered with placation and was not a formal directive for action.  Trump's genuine best defense is that he always speaks in a stream of consciousness, has no knowledge or regard for the line between formal an informal communication, always hold back funding or support simply to make people sweat and always blocks inquiries into his actions and communications.  I think it's a very realistic standard that in order for Mitch McConnell to agree to impeachment that the language needs to be absolutely airtight.

Yes to this and the previous and so on. I don't like the standards so I simply lowered my standards. I do not believe the lefts political leaders understand reality, know how to fight or have their shit together in any detail. I'm not expecting a win. I'm thinking Thermopylae. When I was a kid I was a runt. I learned that sometimes you need to take a swing even if it means an ass whoopin'. 

Edited by JoeWeber