2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

3 hours ago, yobnoc said:

About damn time. 

Hi yobnoc,

I have just returned from lunch with a long-time friend.  We were just talking about if/when she would pull the trigger.

It's all in the timing.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Does anyone think that Romney might now take him on?  My thinking that Mitt might just go for it with the Dems not having fixed on a candidate.

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi yobnoc,

I have just returned from lunch with a long-time friend.  We were just talking about if/when she would pull the trigger.

It's all in the timing.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Does anyone think that Romney might now take him on?  My thinking that Mitt might just go for it with the Dems not having fixed on a candidate.

I think that the Republican Party base that would have potentially elected Romney is splintered and no longer exists.  My grandmother proudly had a McCain/Palin sticker on her car right up until 45 started occupying the white house.  Now she swears McCain was a traitor and a RINO.  Romney has no base large enough to elect him.  I think tRump swung the pendulum faster than the usual cycle, and now we'll see a Democrat again for the next 8 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hell just froze over:

Senate Surprise: McConnell & Entire Senate Back Call For Whistleblower Complaint To Be Turned Over

https://www.newsandguts.com/senate-surprise-mcconnell-entire-senate-back-call-for-whistleblower-complaint-to-be-turned-over/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the rats know the ship is sinking.  Only a matter of time before the first R decides they don't want to be on the wrong side of this and then it's all over.

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit for all you conspiracy-minded people out there: Trump's July 25th call to Zelensky that prompted a whistleblower complaint from an Intel official was followed 3 days later by the resignation of...

Dan Coats, DNI

It's just the kind of blockbuster reality-tv moment that would be so ironic if it ended up being him!

Edited by yobnoc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Hell just froze over:

Senate Surprise: McConnell & Entire Senate Back Call For Whistleblower Complaint To Be Turned Over

https://www.newsandguts.com/senate-surprise-mcconnell-entire-senate-back-call-for-whistleblower-complaint-to-be-turned-over/

Wow, if even Moscow Mitch is sweating, there's actually a chance that justice might prevail.

16 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Looks like Nancy is finally putting on the big girl britches tonight at 5PM EST.  About damn time. 

To be clear, did Nancy know exactly what was said in the phone call?  Because if she didn't then this entire thing could blow up in her face and have serious repercussions for the upcoming elections.  Remember, this is the guy who is an expert at telling people to do things in a way that doesn't implicate himself.  It's REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT that she knew exactly what was said.

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Just a reminder...no sitting POTUS has ever been removed from office by impeachment.

Nixon was forced out because he knew he would be impeached. That is pretty much the same thing  

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Nixon was forced out because he knew he would be impeached. That is pretty much the same thing  

Trump doesn't have any of the paranoia or regard that Nixon had.  In fact the storyline of Democrats trying to oust him through a political witch hunt plays very well into his narrative.

6 minutes ago, DJL said:

Trump doesn't have any of the paranoia or regard that Nixon had.  In fact the storyline of Democrats trying to oust him through a political witch hunt plays very well into his narrative.

The impeachment effort will end with Republican senators needing to make up their mind which side it is in their best interest to vote on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The impeachment effort will end with Republican senators needing to make up their mind which side it is in their best interest to vote on.

I can't even think of a quip sarcastic enough to describe how quickly the Republican Senators will spin it away from Trump.  It's almost already too late to put a Republican up for election and all they care about is a Republican in Office.  Just one facet is that Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be dead before the next four years are up and that puts the Supreme Court in their total control for the next 50 years.  There is NOTHING Trump could do that would make them ignore that.

3 hours ago, DJL said:

To be clear, did Nancy know exactly what was said in the phone call?  Because if she didn't then this entire thing could blow up in her face and have serious repercussions for the upcoming elections.  Remember, this is the guy who is an expert at telling people to do things in a way that doesn't implicate himself.  It's REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT that she knew exactly what was said.

I don't think this will be what will sink him. I think the DB files and his tax return will become public in the next 2 months or so. I think they will show him to be a major money launderer. I believe that is what will sink him.

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I don't think this will be what will sink him. I think the DB files and his tax return will become public in the next 2 months or so. I think they will show him to be a major money launderer. I believe that is what will sink him.

This is by note takers, not given as verbatim. Nonetheless, it seems an obvious strong arm attempt to me.

Ukraine call doc..pdf

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

This is by note takers, not given as verbatim. Nonetheless, it seems an obvious strong arm attempt to me.

Ukraine call doc..pdf

I don't think it's even close to a strong arm attempt.  If this is really what this whole thing is about then it just went poof.

Edit:  To continue, there's no "this for that" request or agreement, it's a conversation in which both parties placate and commend each other, talk about how they're so good for each other.  This is how Trump speaks.  Trump also knows that Guliani has been working this angle with the Biden relationships in Ukraine and he works that in there.  Trump simply does not communicate deliberately enough in this conversation (or in general) to say that he's doing anything illegal.

One thing to remember here is that according to all sources, including Biden himself, he sought to remove the previous investigator because he was moving too slowly in his investigations and letting people like Hunter Biden's associate (boss/board member/company owner) get off the hook on their corruption issues.  Biden did NOT request the investigator gone because he was investigating Hunter's company for corruption, he wanted him gone because he WAS NOT investigating it's founding co-owner for corruption.  This is a mistake that's been regurgitated in conservative news networks because of the picture it paints and is probably why Trump was looking at this to begin with.  

EDIT2:  After typing this I found this article which appears to split the issue about the same way.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49831516

Edited by DJL

4 hours ago, DJL said:

I don't think it's even close to a strong arm attempt.  If this is really what this whole thing is about then it just went poof.

Edit:  To continue, there's no "this for that" request or agreement, it's a conversation in which both parties placate and commend each other, talk about how they're so good for each other.  This is how Trump speaks.  Trump also knows that Guliani has been working this angle with the Biden relationships in Ukraine and he works that in there.  Trump simply does not communicate deliberately enough in this conversation (or in general) to say that he's doing anything illegal.

One thing to remember here is that according to all sources, including Biden himself, he sought to remove the previous investigator because he was moving too slowly in his investigations and letting people like Hunter Biden's associate (boss/board member/company owner) get off the hook on their corruption issues.  Biden did NOT request the investigator gone because he was investigating Hunter's company for corruption, he wanted him gone because he WAS NOT investigating it's founding co-owner for corruption.  This is a mistake that's been regurgitated in conservative news networks because of the picture it paints and is probably why Trump was looking at this to begin with.  

EDIT2:  After typing this I found this article which appears to split the issue about the same way.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49831516

There isn't much to the call. The part that doesn't make sense is Trump's insistence that his personal lawyer, who has no official government role, is involved. This would indicate that he is using the presidential office for personal gain. I have a hard time believing that Pelosi called the impeachment inquiry on just this. I still believe the DB and Tax files will sink Trump later this year.

Next part is seeing this whistleblower complaint.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Ukraine call doc..pdf

Yeah, big surprise. The "transcript" released by Trump is only hints at extortion while he asks for illegal help with his election campaign. There is much more to come. And even if there is not this will do.

Also important to keep the timeline in mind:

• July 25 - Ukraine phonecall

• July 28 - Dan Coats resigns because he feels his duties are at odds with Trump.

• July 28 - Trump announces Ratcliffe as his pick.

• Aug. 2 - Ratcliffe denounces his pick less than a week later amidst criticisms of partisan loyalty and resume padding.

• Aug. 8 - Trump picks Maguire.

• Aug. 8 - Dan Coats interrupts meeting to urge his deputy to resign. She announces her resignation.

• Aug. 12 - Whistleblower complaint is filed.

• Aug. 15 - Coats and Gordon depart (both are Trump admin nominees).

• Aug. 26 - Intelligence IG forwards complaint to the acting DNI.

• Aug. 28 - First reporting that Ukraine military aid is being withheld.

• Sep. 2 - Deadline passes for complaint submission.

• Sep. 9 - Intel IG notifies House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of an "urgent concern" that DNI has overruled.

• Sep. 10 - Schiff demands DNI submit complaint.

• Sep. 12 - Trump finally releases Ukraine military aid.

• Sep. 13 - Schiff subpoenas Maguire.

• Sep. 17 - Maguire refuses to testify - suspicions of WH/DOJ stonewalling.

• Sep. 18 - Media revelations of the "promise" made to foreign nation.

• Sep. 19 - Media revelations that Ukraine is involved.

• Sep. 19 - The Intelligence inspector general gives a classified briefing to the House Intelligence Committee.

• Sep. 20 - It's reported that Trump pressed Zelensky to investigate Biden's son during a call on July 25.

• Sep. 22 - Trump acknowledges that he discussed Joe Biden in a July call with Zelensky.

• Sep. 24 - Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry.

• Maguire had sent a letter to the whistleblower's legal team noting that the executive is preventing his submission of the complaint, but reassures the whistleblower that they have followed procedure and they will be protected.

• Sep. 25 - Officials report that Maguire threatened to resign if pressured to stonewall Congress by the WH.

• Sep. 25 - Whistleblower complaint to be sent to Congress at 4 PM E.T.

• Sep. 26 (tomorrow) - Maguire scheduled to testify.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Yeah, big surprise. The "transcript" released by Trump is only hints at extortion while he asks for illegal help with his election campaign. There is much more to come. And even if there is not this will do.

Page 3. The· President: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

You ask for a favor and a quid pro quo is implicit, seems to me. This isn't the end of it. There will be documents outside of the call. The asshole was for sure using his office, and our tax dollars, for personal, campaign related gain. He has an excellent track record of wiggling free, I'm just thinking this may be too much to out wiggle.