1 1
Mohammed Hassan

The Cheapest AFF Course DZ

If you are looking for cheap, you may want to look into Static Line instead of AFF! For less than $1600USD you can get your A license @skydiveFargo. http://skydivefargo.com/static-line.html But remember you get what you pay for... just kidding, I'm sure its a great DZ. Static Line (SL) is usually a more affordable option for those who are looking to get into skydiving but dont have a ton of Cash. At some DZs you'll have to do a tandem and/or some tunnel time before you do start AFF, so take that into account when comparing various DZs' SL and AFF costs. Dont let people discourage you because you're lacking finances and wanna get into the sport. good luck and do your research!

3 hours ago, jakebaustin said:

But remember you get what you pay for... just kidding, I'm sure its a great DZ. 

Being a small club DZ, at Skydive Fargo you actually get more than what you pay for. All 25 jumps include a coach or instructor flying with you. No extra charge.

That being said, this program is not designed to bring in outsiders, as free coaching is a money losing proposition. It is all about bringing new local skydivers into the sport and growing our club. 

On a side note, we also offer AFF. It also includes coaches flying with you through A license.

• Like 2

(edited)

I paid around $2,300 on my A license this past summer at Above the Poconos Skydivers in Hazleton PA. Not only is it affordable, but you are being instructed by some of the most experienced jumpers in the world. The DZO, Don Kellner, is the world record holder for most jumps... Over 46,000. His wife, Darlene, teaches AFF and is highly experienced and a pleasure to work with. Good luck!

Edited by Rsaaronson