40 Tonnes of F*** You

Qanus Island on the Tigris River in Iraq. I love a happy ending; reminds me of Apocalypse Now.

http://vidmax.com/video/190552-ISIS-infested-island-wiped-out-by-40-tonnes-of-bombs-dropped-by-US-warplanes

Edited by Guest

On 9/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, markharju said:

Qanus Island on the Tigris River in Iraq. I love a happy ending; reminds me of Apocalypse Now.

http://vidmax.com/video/190552-ISIS-infested-island-wiped-out-by-40-tonnes-of-bombs-dropped-by-US-warplanes

It's just vengeance. So, was there an after action report confirming the numbers of ISIS killed? Was there any unfortunate collateral damage? Do we even give a shit about either? I mean, it is totally sick vid and now we feel better, right?

Is this is what winning looks like when wars end in this day and age? Inquiring minds, you know.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It's just vengeance. So, was there an after action report confirming the numbers of ISIS killed? Was there any unfortunate collateral damage? Do we even give a shit about either? I mean, it is totally sick vid and now we feel better, right?

Is this is what winning looks like when wars end in this day and age? Inquiring minds, you know.

The report I saw was 25 Isis members killed.  Or about 3000 pounds of bombs per.

25 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The report I saw was 25 Isis members killed.  Or about 3000 pounds of bombs per.

If that's true it's just another flag waving, yellow ribbon whoopsiedoodle event. Sir, it's just a river island, probably next to zero kids around, definitely some bad guys are there and it'll all make sense and look professional because we can be sure all the bombs will hit the island. Sir, no fuck up this time for sure.

On 9/13/2019 at 9:36 PM, JoeWeber said:

t's just another flag waving, yellow ribbon whoopsiedoodle event.

The operation, which targeted the Qanus Island in the Tigris River, was carried out by the US and a coalition of other countries in the fight to permanently erase ISIS strongholds in the country.

The extremest group previously controlled large swaths of land in Iraq and Syria when they declared a caliphate in the region. They were defeated in 2017 by a coalition of forces who battled them in northern Iraq.

But since their defeat, ISIS cells have sprung up in the region and carried out deadly bombings.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/us-warplanes-drop-40-tons-of-bombs-on-isis-infested-island-in-iraq/

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

So what? Another $1,000,000 gets blown to send 20 of our most advanced fighter jets off to attack a small island with 40 of our most advanced bombs. No one seems to have guess how many, if any, bad guys were killed for the effort. headoverheels on SC (above) got the number of 25 KIA from somewhere. For giggles, let's take that number. So we spent $40,000 per KIA and that would be just for the bombs, Jet-A and maintenance. 

But for many, it was worth every penny just so some guy can post "Get sum!" on an obscure blog somewhere. After all, we're now only at 3.2% of GDP spending on our military which is way less than the 25% that collapsed the Soviet Union. Lucky for us there aren't millions of bad guys to bomb, right?

Right, so ISIS were created when a coalition went in and bombed the shit out of Iraq for no reason, they were previously ‘defeated’ by bombing the shit out of Iraq, and now it turns out they’re actually still there, we’re all bombing the shit out of Iraq.

I could agree that at this point it’s a necessary evil to be continuing the fight against an enemy we made, but I cannot for the life of me understand the mindset of the thread starters who see it as an ‘Oorah get some!’ moment. It’s just revelling in death and suffering.

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

So what? Another $1,000,000 gets blown to send 20 of our most advanced fighter jets off to attack a small island with 40 of our most advanced bombs. No one seems to have guess how many, if any, bad guys were killed for the effort. headoverheels on SC (above) got the number of 25 KIA from somewhere. For giggles, let's take that number. So we spent $40,000 per KIA and that would be just for the bombs, Jet-A and maintenance. 

But for many, it was worth every penny just so some guy can post "Get sum!" on an obscure blog somewhere. After all, we're now only at 3.2% of GDP spending on our military which is way less than the 25% that collapsed the Soviet Union. Lucky for us there aren't millions of bad guys to bomb, right?

In the meantime, how much money did Iran spend to get their proxies to disrupt the world's oil supply a couple days ago? That's a lot of "fuck you" bang for the buck right there.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

In the meantime, how much money did Iran spend to get their proxies to disrupt the world's oil supply a couple days ago? That's a lot of "fuck you" bang for the buck right there.

And stupid America appears to be more than willing to go to war to defend Saudi Arabia.

Even daring to create another enemy to defeat until the actual attackers are identified.

48 minutes ago, normiss said:

And stupid America appears to be more than willing to go to war to defend Saudi Arabia.

Even daring to create another enemy to defeat until the actual attackers are identified.

That's no stupider than the Bush team reaction to 9/11. And exactly what Iran is trying to do. Provoke America into stupid behaviors to unite the Islam world against the west. Just as Bin Laden did so successfully. The only difference is that despite all the bullshit tweets escalation actually goes against Trump's instincts. Keeping America from wasting it's resources in foreign adventures is the one good thing about Trumpism.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Right, so ISIS were created when a coalition went in and bombed the shit out of Iraq for no reason, they were previously ‘defeated’ by bombing the shit out of Iraq, and now it turns out they’re actually still there, we’re all bombing the shit out of Iraq.

I could agree that at this point it’s a necessary evil to be continuing the fight against an enemy we made, but I cannot for the life of me understand the mindset of the thread starters who see it as an ‘Oorah get some!’ moment. It’s just revelling in death and suffering.

What sickens me is the videos. Don’t fucking glorify death! I see no difference between an isis beheading video and a US bomb video. They even took the time to set it to music for Christ’s sake.

It is morally repugnant and to me it shows how little difference there is between the radical Muslim who likes watching isis videos and the redneck who likes watching ‘hoo raa’ videos. Ironically both are normally religious fundamentalists. 

Life is to be treasured and valued, regardless of race, creed or culture. 

On 9/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, nigel99 said:

It is morally repugnant and to me it shows how little difference there is between the radical Muslim who likes watching isis videos and the redneck who likes watching ‘hoo raa’ videos. Ironically both are normally religious fundamentalists. 

Life is to be treasured and valued, regardless of race, creed or culture

And you may believe that, but apparently that sentiment isn't shared by some liberals that have either directly or indirectly expressed hope for the deaths of older conservatives whose world view hinders their twisted and hypocritical liberal agenda.  Even some here have aimed such attacks directly toward Ron, and it makes me fucking sick.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:36 PM, markharju said:

Why is it you make a post for the bombing of 25 ISIS terrorist but no post when you bomb 30 pine nut farmers.

US drone strike intended for Isis hideout kills 30 pine nut workers in Afghanistan https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/19/us-drone-strike-deaths-afghanistan-pine-nut-workers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

5 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

Why is it you make a post for the bombing of 25 ISIS terrorist but no post when you bomb 30 pine nut farmers.

US drone strike intended for Isis hideout kills 30 pine nut workers in Afghanistan https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/19/us-drone-strike-deaths-afghanistan-pine-nut-workers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

These efforts continue the supply of terrorists to keep this game going.

It's getting old.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, normiss said:

So Saudi interferes in a civil war in a neighboring state, and then gets all upset when there's retaliation and expects the US to do something about it?

Do they think we're stupid? (Rhetorical, please do NOT answer).

8 hours ago, kallend said:

So Saudi interferes in a civil war in a neighboring state, and then gets all upset when there's retaliation and expects the US to do something about it?

Do they think we're stupid? (Rhetorical, please do NOT answer).

Actually, I don't think they think we are stupid. 
They just know that they own Trump and his family. 

They got the Iran agreement shit-canned. For no real reason other than they wanted it.
They killed Kashoggi. And despite getting caught, got nothing. 

So now, their 'proxy war' has come home. And they will want Trump to go after Iran. Which is what they've wanted the whole time.