1 1
ripcord4

B12 Harness for Jumbo PC

I am in need of a B4 / B12 harness in airworthy condition. I have a new-to-me Jumbo PC and I need a rig to jump it. I have extended a B12 container but I am in need of a harness for it. Unless someone can suggest an alternate harness/container system for the Jumbo?

Thanks in advance!

Larry

D2238

Hi Larry, a few years ago I got a PC Mk1. I didn't want to jump the old Minisystem harness and Kohnke reserve that came with it.
I put the PC on 3-ring risers, made a deployment bag for it (with a lot of info and help here on the forum) and regularly jump it with a modern student rig. 

Bart

So if you find a harness, what are you going to use as a reserve? We set up a rig for a guy one time on an all round jump. It was a jumbo crossbow but the biggest challenge was the reserve system. We finely found him a 28 ft chest pack.

Also, the only malfunction that I've seen on a PC was with a bag. It does pack up much smaller but I think there is some thing to be said for getting a round canopy to full extension of the canopy before the sleeve slides off. A bag gets it to line stretch but then it's just a dump and a lot of ugliness can happen before the canopy is extended and under tension. With larger systems a lot of work goes into getting the canopy to full extension and the apex under tension before the skirt starts to open, keeping tension on the apex, and controlling the fill and crown location. Over the years these ideas have been trickling down to smaller systems. It would be a shame to burn up a nice PC.

Lee

I have a shorty sleeve for the Jumbo as designed for it. As far as a reserve, I have a strong 26' lopo in a SLCP MIRPS. I am all set except for a harness for the B12 container.

Push come to shove, I will direct-bag it out of my MC-1 h & c, but I definitely want to free-fall it. We have a Skyvan coming to Dunnellon, FL in October and I would like to get it jump-ready by then.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, RiggerLee said:

So if you find a harness, what are you going to use as a reserve? We set up a rig for a guy one time on an all round jump. It was a jumbo crossbow but the biggest challenge was the reserve system. We finely found him a 28 ft chest pack.

Lee

Surprised the the reserve was so hard. I have several belly warts including sport ones. Also two Strong Pop Top chest reserves, and best of all a new chest container, identical to the lap container, built by Jerry. Single pin, through the PC loop. About the size of a pop top. Holds any 26' lopo.

It wasn't finding a chest mount. It was finding a big chest mount. He was a big boy. In the end we found a 28' chest mount container with a C9 with a four line release kit. We thought about going with a 28 ft Phantom but he was a heavy boy and we went with the C9.

Lee

On 9/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, RiggerLee said:

It wasn't finding a chest mount. It was finding a big chest mount. He was a big boy. In the end we found a 28' chest mount container with a C9 with a four line release kit. We thought about going with a 28 ft Phantom but he was a heavy boy and we went with the C9.

Lee

I've got a 28' C9 chest that was one of the old clubs belly warts.  Figure it's been packed since the mid 90's.  Going to through it out at low altitude using a boxing heavy bag as my test dummy.  Might have been Saturday but wind direction was wrong.  Pretty sure I have at least one other new 28' container, and five or six airworthy C-9s if you ever need another one.