Vitek

AFF Exit fear

Question

How do you overcome fear after bad experience even thoe you might be ready for it?

Edited by Vitek

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Vitek said:

How do you overcome fear after bad experience even thoe you might be ready for it?

Lorazepam

The answer for me was just to watch a shitload of videos on youtube, and then to repeat in my head over and over when I was up in the plane watching people gleefully and confidently dive out the door: "What one man can do, another can do." 

Self-talk was probably the key ingredient for me with regards to getting over the fear of the "door monster." 

Just remember - self-talk can work both ways.  If you tell yourself you can or can't do a thing, you're bound to prove yourself right.

• Like 1

Forget about it and don't dwell on the past.  Focus on visualizing success before you do it.  Then on the plane ride try to focus on relaxing and visualizing success.  I'm not sure what you mean by bad experience but hopefully you learned from it and took notes based on your instructors feedback so that you can make the proper adjustments.

• Like 1