2 2
ElleWH

What personal accident insurance do people recommend?

Question

Hi,

I'm going to be travelling in Australia for 2 months and will doing a lot of jumps at various DZs. Are there any insurance companies that anyone would recommend? I'm going round in circles trying to find a reasonably priced one! 

3 answers to this question

If you buy an airline ticket from priceline, there is a box you can check to purchase accident insurance during your trip. It does not mention any aviation related exclusions and is generally reasonable priced. I have bought it a couple times, but I can't seem to remember what company it is thru.

Go to insuremytrip dot com and find something with a hazardous sports rider or whatever it's called. Make sure it specifically includes coverage for parachuting, (do not assume a policy includes it if it's not mentioned) and I personally look for at least 500K in medical and medical evac coverage whenever I travel. It's usually only $5 extra for the additional coverage.

I used world nomads while I was in europe skydiving(from the US).  They were one of the few that allowed general skydiving.  you have to look hard at exclusions and fine print because most travel policies do not cover higher risk activities.