Rsaaronson

Cookie G4 VERSUS Bonehead Composites Dynamic

These have been designed for 2 completely different reasons. The G4 is an update on the G3 for sure, but it was designed to be an impact rated helmet. The BC Dynamic appears to cater to high speed freefly disciplines where low-profile is the major consideration.

(edited)

Speed skydiver here.  I've tried both.  Stuck to the Bonehead Dynamic for comfort, larger field of visibility, and easier to customize (I use two ColorAltis, master and backup, plus often we add SENA radios).  The G4 is too heavy.  I ended up with two Dynamics:  one for flying, one for the tunnel.

The impact rating was a lower consideration for my needs.  I seldom fly with other people, and a ground impact is more likely to damage other body parts than my head first, lower probability of a concussion.  The padding in the Boneheads (I had two Black Mambas and an AERO before) provided enough protection when I had a fast forward landing, especially around the chin.  The helmet was trashed but I had no injuries.  Just ensure it's thick and snug.

The Dynamic looks cooler than the Cookie G4, but that's a personal preference...

My $0,02 -- blue skies!

Edited by pr3d4t0r
Forgot aesthetics.

I have two Vespas and Skyhelmets Fujin. :-)

What i did  not like on the G3  and i am not sure the G4 is different  ist  the that on the back the helmet is quite high leaving a large unprotected are. In July i whitnessed an injury on the tailgate of  a MI8 helicopter. On exit  the  jumper hit the tailgate with the back  of  his head, his G3 was just too  high to  potect his head. The impact made a very noticable sound but in the end the  jumper was lucky and only ended up  with a large bloody wound on the back of  his head. Could have had a different  outcome.

56 minutes ago, FrancoR said:

I have two Vespas and Skyhelmets Fujin. :-)

What i did  not like on the G3  and i am not sure the G4 is different  ist  the that on the back the helmet is quite high leaving a large unprotected are. In July i whitnessed an injury on the tailgate of  a MI8 helicopter. On exit  the  jumper hit the tailgate with the back  of  his head, his G3 was just too  high to  potect his head. The impact made a very noticable sound but in the end the  jumper was lucky and only ended up  with a large bloody wound on the back of  his head. Could have had a different  outcome.

The G4 comes down lower at the back of the head than the G3 does.

Almost forgot to mention this, but after waiting a month to receive my helmet I found out that their visors are produced in China, and was the reason for the delay (trade war and all). Very upset to hear this as I was under the impression this was an American made product. While I understand the most important component is made in the US, I was disappointed to find out they get their visors from China. 

1 hour ago, Rsaaronson said:

Almost forgot to mention this, but after waiting a month to receive my helmet I found out that their visors are produced in China, and was the reason for the delay (trade war and all). Very upset to hear this as I was under the impression this was an American made product. While I understand the most important component is made in the US, I was disappointed to find out they get their visors from China. 

Were you disappointed to find that your iPhone or other device was made in China? Oh well, you can either get over it or maybe you can start a company to produce them in the good 'ol USA. Fuck yeah!!!!!!

Not bothered by the fact that my iPhone was made in China because apple doesn’t hide it or market their product as “Made in the USA”. However, when a product IS marketed as “American Made” or “Made in the USA” there are certain standards that must be upheld in order for that product to bear that title. Regardless, I’m digging the product, it’s well made.