JoshuaTay

What are the 3 problems that skydivers face the most?

Lack of money to pay for my jumps

Lack of time to go jumping

Lack of good weather to jump in

Closing in fast (for all Dutch jumpers) is lack of willingness by ATC to facilitate us.
Basically in the Netherlands ATC makes the policy, checks and audits the implementation of said policy AND advises the government about aforementioned policy.

The results are artificial ceilings in a radius of basically the entire country and  denying demoes that are "too close" to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, let's say within a radius of 10-15 miles.

The latest  developments include actually grounding DZ A if DZ B requests extra altitude by NOTAM for special events. 

On 8/27/2019 at 3:38 AM, JoshuaTay said:

3 most consistent problems that you face the most all the time with regards to skydiving

I'm on a 10 minute call and she just winked at me and went into the tent.

The  Load Organizer is chewing my ass about sumpin, but she just winked at me and went into the tent.

I need to run into town to get some beer for my beer offense, but she just winked at me and went into the tent

• Like 2

1.  I think we're almost out of its clutches but the Groupon trend has resulted in stagnated revenue for DZ's across the country. I realize this is more of an industry thing but I know that it's severely affected two medium sized DZ's near me, one closed.  The fact is that most DZ's need tandems to keep the plane moving and jumpers don't show up if the plane isn't moving.

2.  Kids/Fam - The story is the same, someone gets into jumping finds a SO, makes babies and they're gone.

3.  Money - It's fucking expensive.  The only way I can justify the expense is by working as a TI.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:33 PM, JohnMitchell said:

right now my biggest problem is my goddamned left knee which is getting replaced next week, then IDK how many months rehabbing it to jump again. I went to LP this summer and didn't make a single jump because of this damn thing. 

Anyway, that's my world. :D

you still had fun :) and you're the new Steve Austin dude, you'll be faster better than before :)