3 3
baronn

USPA continues to fund ISMHOF

So the summer meeting of the BOD has come and gone. Doesn't appear to have any real breaking news. 1 thing that has gotten crickets is the continued funding of the ISMHOF. Not a single BOD member has said a word about that. A yr after committing members funds to an organization that in almost 50 yrs, hasn't so much as got a bldg plan for this together and....... Nothing. Apparently the board doesnt care about how members funds are spent or what they are used for. Does this bother anyone?

• Like 2

I have reached out to 1 board member about this. He said that they dont "Micro manage " the ISMHOF. Apparently asking how the funding given to an organization is being used, is considered micro managing. I guess I missed that part when I got my degree.......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, baronn said:

So the summer meeting of the BOD has come and gone. Doesn't appear to have any real breaking news. 1 thing that has gotten crickets is the continued funding of the ISMHOF.  . . . Does this bother anyone?

No.

Lotsa members support getting the museum done. A place where the history of our sport can be preserved. After almost half a Decade.....

NOTHING

Apparently the entire board doesn't feel the members funds deserve any oversight of how they are being used. They clearly don't care about this project EVER getting completed and so far NOBODY has taken the responsible position of overseeing anything with this. 

To ANY BOD member that has a different view and can offer up some REAL insight into when this will be completed, is welcome to pipe in.

This shude be interesting......

• Like 1

The BOD was elected to represent its members and their interests. They agreed to use members funds to get this project to completion. A full year after the 1st funds and nearly a half a decade since it was started, there isn't so much as an agreed upon building site. If it wasn't so pathetic, it wude be laughable.......

• Like 1

This is just Amazing to me. Of the members that do support this project, what exactly do they support? Giving money to a few individuals that in almost 50 yrs haven't so much as put a plan in place? Do they support a few individuals that operate with continued immunity to any kind of oversight? Blindly giving money to a group that in 50 yrs has done......Nothing. Unless you consider inducting individuals into a non existing museum and continuing to beg for funds a success. At what point is someone (Anyone?) going to start holding some accountability here and actually get this project finished? And finally please explain to me  how exposing this as the failure it is at this point, a negative? If you are going to accuse someone as being just a "complainer" then bring some proof that those involved with getting this done are actually doing something.

• Like 2

13 trustees, A treasurer, A secretary, A Vice-President, A President CEO, A former Honorary Chairman and an Honorary President.19 living and a former President on the board here. The only thing to show for all of this is a pie in the sky rendition of a facility attached to an Ifly that, at this point is not even in the planning process for completion. But, they sure can plan events to raise more funding. Nice to see they're good at something.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 3331 said:

Please read attached Email. 

International Skydiving Museum.doc

That's funny. 18 months huh? Well, that breaks the half century barrier for sure. maybe they can apply for a Guinness world record for most delayed project in history. I mentioned before how ridiculous the idea was that IFly wude even get involved in this Fiasco. They are way too smart for that and I knew it. 

So now what? Oh wait, I had to read to the end. Of course, Donate Now...…...

• Like 2

To all the BOD members that continue to support this, you need to come here and give an explanation for why. You shude also give an update of how much has been given, specifically where those funds were placed and what they are being used for. As stewards of members money, you have a fiduciary responsibility to know where/what that is being used for. 

• Like 2

(edited)

There is so much crap logic and bad information coming from you (baronn) I don't even know where to start. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, baronn said:

This shude be interesting......

oh it's you.

Mods; I thought you guys wanted to stop trolling on here?

Edited by meat.missile
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, meat.missile said:

There is so much crap logic and bad information coming from you (baronn) I don't even know where to start. 

He can ask if he wants.  I am hoping the BOD have better things to do than to humor an angry crank - but that's up to them.

(edited)
4 hours ago, meat.missile said:

oh it's you.

Feel free to correct anything I have wrong. Funny thing about Sheeple, they're so indoctrinated, they get angry when facts are pointed out......

Edited by baronn
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, billvon said:

He can ask if he wants.  I am hoping the BOD have better things to do than to humor an angry crank - but that's up to them.

Appears you are correct. The BOD doesn't seem to want to respond. Since they continue to fund this with no progress or accountability, I'd be ashamed to respond also...….

• Like 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Are you having fun? I guess this is very important to you for some reason.

Over $75 a year membership fee.  How much is your time worth to type all this stuff out, knowing you won't get a ROI?

Edit: the second sentence wasn't for you, Gowlerk.

Edited by yobnoc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yobnoc said:

Over $75 a year membership fee.  How much is your time worth to type all this stuff out, knowing you won't get a ROI?

Edit: the second sentence wasn't for you, Gowlerk.

That reminds me. My CSPA membership needs to be renewed for my 26th year soon. $94 CAD, about the same in real dollars.