sundevil777

Conservatives cleaning up a Baltimore neighborhood irritates leftists

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50329/trump-supporters-clean-west-baltimore-and-liberal-amanda-prestigiacomo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods," the Sun complained.

Nicely summarized by one of the comments after the article:

The Left: if limited government is so great, how come people don't actively help each other?
Also The Left: picking up 12 tons of trash is racist.

17 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50329/trump-supporters-clean-west-baltimore-and-liberal-amanda-prestigiacomo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods," the Sun complained.

The Left: if limited government is so great, how come people don't actively help each other?

Both sides hit the nail on the head.  This was a gotcha (that'll show the libtards) photo op.  Also, "the Left" could do with a little more volunteerism.  I work in an area that is a similar shithole.  I've called the police three times for drug activity and homeless people sleeping in an abandoned car.  I take a walk up and down the block each day and pick up plastic litter to put in my office's trash can.  There's more trash the next day, the same drug users are creeping around and they haven't towed the abandoned car that hookers are running tricks out of.  Presler's effort did nothing.

40 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

It's a stunt. A good one, but nothing more.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

Ok, the Baltimore Sun didn’t know their motives, however it appears you do.

If he forms an organization and continues to do these sort of good works then I will change my opinion and believe he is sincere. But my money is on stunt. If he quietly did good work in an area he had connections to, that's one thing. But no, what he did was to organize a media circus in an area the Trump has called out because of political opposition. How can you possibly believe this is anything but a stunt? You know it is a stunt, and you yourself are posting it in a way that calls attention to the stunt. The most important thing to you about the stunt is that you can say with glee that "leftists are irritated". It was meant to be an irritating stunt right from the start.

Edited by gowlerk

Please don’t pretend to be certain to know what I think. 

The term “stunt” can mean different things to different people, of course. It is telling that the left seems to not realize how badly their reaction makes them look to the deplorables. Trying to win the votes of deplorables isn’t likely when they are so often reminded what the left thinks of them.  

It matters infinitely more what people do than what they think. Was there any reporting from residents in the area complaining about the very gracious act being a stunt? Maybe I missed that. 

Direct cut and paste from the About section of Scott Presler's FB page.

Scott Presler spent 2 years of his life working to defeat Hillary Clinton. We did it! Now, he’s dedicating his time to reelecting President Trump in 2020. We must focus on registering NEW Republican voters #VoterRegistration

He is not, by his own description, about serving under privileged communities. He is about working to re-elect and promote Trump. I repeat, STUNT. If you can not see that simple fact then you are choosing not to.