1 1
RonD1120

Charlottesville Lie Fake News Exposed

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

One of the worst of the fake news propaganda pieces now clearly explained.

CNN Political Journalist Explains

Seriously Ron, do you make it a policy in your life to never apply your critical thinking skills to obvious stuff like this? Or are you trolling us again? It's very frustrating to never know. Are you a master or a fool? I never know.

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Seriously Ron, do you make it a policy in your life to never apply your critical thinking skills to obvious stuff like this? Or are you trolling us again? It's very frustrating to never know. Are you a master or a fool? I never know.

He's a master, based on how many people he got with this one.

A while ago I saw Steve Cortes on CNN trying to argue that although slavery was a "black mark on American history" it wasn't so bad because even as slaves Africans had more rights than minorities did anywhere else in the world.  I figured anyone who could argue that without throwing up in their mouth had nothing of any value to say, ever.

Don

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It came to me from a former Naval officer, Vietnam vet, so I passed it on. I hold Praeger University in good standing. But, they are on my side so it is only natural. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

It came to me from a former Naval officer, Vietnam vet, so I passed it on. I hold Praeger University in good standing. But, they are on my side so it is only natural. 

So, I had to research "Praeger University". Which turns out to be not a school of any sort, but a right wing Utube video factory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PragerU

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

You certainly don't help the image of the US armed forces.

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

About the only lesson  Trump U taught us is that calling a fraudulent operation a "university" does not make it one.

Isn't the full name "Prager University Foundation" - Foundation keyed me into it was something other than a real university - they R on a slippery ethical slope. What would the problem been to just name it Prager Foundation - seems like everyone has to spin these days even if it isn't necessary.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, wan2doit said:

Isn't the full name "Prager University Foundation" - Foundation keyed me into it was something other than a real university - they R on a slippery ethical slope. What would the problem been to just name it Prager Foundation - seems like everyone has to spin these days even if it isn't necessary.

I don't know what the legal name is. Here is their "about" page.  https://www.prageru.com/about/

Prager University is not an accredited academic institution and does not offer certifications or diplomas. But it is a place where you are free to learn.

Edited by gowlerk

17 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Right, and those are the only things that matter so you don’t need to apply any critical thinking to the matter. Did you notice though, that through the whole video they never provided any examples of the news outlets explicitly lying about what Trump said? 

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Right, and those are the only things that matter so you don’t need to apply any critical thinking to the matter. Did you notice though, that through the whole video they never provided any examples of the news outlets explicitly lying about what Trump said? 

He did at the end of the video IIRC.

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

Just talked to my father, also a Naval Officer and Vietnam Vet.  He was confused about my assumption that he's an expert on Trump's Charlottesville comments but wants to verify whether I'm arriving on Friday or Saturday morning so they can make dinner plans.

Edited by DJL
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

He did at the end of the video IIRC.

You do not recall correctly.

That's the thing about these videos, they skip straight over establishing what was actually said and get right into slowly, clearly and repeatedly (the same way you deal with a small child, by the way) their judgement on the matter and in doing so fool you into thinking they gave you the facts. 

What Trump actually said:

On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastructure permitting. Reporters shortly began asking questions about Trump’s initial response to violent protests in Charlottesville, Va. It was at this press conference that Trump said that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

It is true that many people have taken those words and given meanings to them that fit their beliefs about Trump. He did not call Nazis fine people. He is far more subtle and nuanced than that in his catering to and seeking support of white nationalist types. The problem is that the rally with those "fine people" was made up of people with associations to hate groups on one side and protesters against them on the other. It is more than a little nauseating that the POTUS would give the impression that these two groups of people are morally equal.

22 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

You certainly don't help thce.e image of the US armed forces.

Apropos of not much in this thread, a number of years ago I was on the special committee that approved the commissioning of the NROTC midshipman with the lowest passing GPA in the 120 year history of our university.  After commissioning was posted  to Naval Intelligence.

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

What Trump actually said:

Right, we know what Trump actually said - the video covers that. Problem is they don't quote anything that was actually said by the people they accuse of deliberately lying.