2 2
yoink

Walmart shooting - El Paso

On 8/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, BIGUN said:

To all; I'm going to summarize almost all of your points into one response and then I'm done. 

First, I never said a "Ban" on abortions - I said "reduce." For me; the use of abortion as birth control is immoral. I support abortions for women whom have suffered with Domestic Violence (i.e, spousal physical abuse/rape/control), medical issues for both her and the fetus. You mention respect. You ever notice that men are all for abortion as a woman's right? I'll give you my opinion on that - it's because most men don't want to have to stare that responsibility in the face.  They just want to "Fuck & Flee."  There are a lot more men willing to accept their responsibility than the media would lead us to believe. When we have terminated the life of an unborn child simply because it's more convenient to our lives - then to me; we as a society have crumbled. 

I don't think there's anyone in this room that I've known for a long time (no matter what our differences) that would hesitate to protect a child from harm. If Bill & Amy left their children with us; it would be with the knowledge that if harm came to them - it's because I died trying to protect them. I take it a step further. I am willing to try to protect the unborn. The left is trying to protect children in schools. I agreed and leaned heavily that way. I want to protect those in the womb. I believe those who cannot speak need a stronger voice.   

I live with a medical professional (as does Bill), so I'm sure the household discussions have been as much as they have been in-depth. . I will agree that a blanket "Heartbeat Starts" is not the solution, but a solution that works for me until we have one better. We can debate the definition of "starts" ad nauseum as has been going on for decades, but it boils down to two things: Heart Death and/or Brain Death. For me, heart death works and so; heartbeat starts works. If as one poster states; there's a moving line for the definition of heartbeat (I am familiar), then the first step is to get the medical professionals to agree on what that "start" is. For me; start is the first heartbeat. 

I don't expect anyone to agree, disagree or even understand. It is my opinion.   

I have encountered a case of a lady aborting, because with a kid she wouldn’t have the budget to get her new Porsche. So yes, society has crumbled. But for the kid, I believe it is better for him to never have lived. 

She will have to live with the decision. 

Also i believe life is often unjust, to have ladies who don’t want the babies being hyper fertile, and others who would love to have them having to struggle 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, BIGUN said:

I'm going to guess that the hang up on abortion for you is a religious thing? Or just strong moral convictions?? (But also, stay on topic!)

14 minutes ago, timski said:

I'm going to guess that the hang up on abortion for you is a religious thing? Or just strong moral convictions?? (But also, stay on topic!)

To all; I'm going to summarize almost all of your points into one response and then I'm done. 

GOT IT! 

1 hour ago, piisfish said:

I have encountered a case of a lady aborting, because with a kid she wouldn’t have the budget to get her new Porsche. So yes, society has crumbled.

Only according to your morals.

She's made a value proposition as to how she wants to live her life and she's doing that. I don't think that's an example of 'society crumbling'. In fact it's evidence of good financial prioritization. 

I'd agree that if she's going around randomly having unprotected sex and then having an abortion it's pretty callous, but it's still a completely valid choice, and it's hers to make. 

Men also tend to forget that abortions carry risk with having them carried out. Particularly more than one. Women don't go around having them the way you'd thoughtlessly take ibuprofen for a hangover...

3 hours ago, yoink said:

Only according to your morals.

She's made a value proposition as to how she wants to live her life and she's doing that. I don't think that's an example of 'society crumbling'. In fact it's evidence of good financial prioritization. 

I'd agree that if she's going around randomly having unprotected sex and then having an abortion it's pretty callous, but it's still a completely valid choice, and it's hers to make. 

Men also tend to forget that abortions carry risk with having them carried out. Particularly more than one. Women don't go around having them the way you'd thoughtlessly take ibuprofen for a hangover...

or that little blue pill, for sex.

21 hours ago, timski said:

strong moral convictions?? (But also, stay on topic!)

1. Strong Moral Convictions & outlier experience. 

2. But also, stay on topic! -

2.1 Which Topic?

2.2 When you achieve Greenie status, then you can be bossy.

2.3 The forum rules indicate that on-topic is to be placed in the thread header followed by [ON-TOPIC] - this wasn't done and is the reason there's about four other topics in this thread. 

On 8/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, yobnoc said:
On 8/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, BIGUN said:

As soon as the left joins me in reducing the unborn child homicide rate by more than 50%.

Abortion rates per 1,000 live births in the US.  By the raw numbers, we're already there! 

image.png.ad14ae1e1613d0fc0c7bacac5d46d598.pngimage.png.3a92df46c10a7b0ecb18413fc3bdf29f.png

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

So no, we're not there.  Not even close, for either issue.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:50 PM, rifleman said:

IMO many pro-lifers aren't really pro-life, they're just pro-birth. If they were serious about being pro-life, then they'd be working to make sure that there was provision for that child to be properly taken care of in a loving home, that they had access to a decent education and healthcare rather than washing their hands of the mother once she's given birth and calling her a scrounger.

https://cafo.org/2019/06/14/wall-street-journal-christians-are-pro-life-after-birth-too/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/christians-are-pro-life-after-birth-too-11560465692

Edited by Coreece
Added the original WSJ article despite possible pay wall

7 hours ago, Coreece said:

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

So no, we're not there.  Not even close, for either issue.

Midland/Odessa brings the number of mass killings in the US so far this year to 25, matching the number in all of 2018, according to the AP/USA Today/Northeastern University mass murder database.

If  the gunman is not among the five dead, the number of victims for this year has already reached 140, the level of all last year.

Four months to go.

What do you folks think of Walmart’s announcement that they are getting out of pistol ammunition sales? Walmart said that pistol ammo is only about 6 percent of their total ammo sales and they won’t restock any more after current stocks are sold.

Walmart also said that they are banning “open carry” in their stores.

Will corporate America succeed where government have failed?

7 hours ago, riggerrob said:

What do you folks think of Walmart’s announcement that they are getting out of pistol ammunition sales? Walmart said that pistol ammo is only about 6 percent of their total ammo sales and they won’t restock any more after current stocks are sold.

Walmart also said that they are banning “open carry” in their stores.

Will corporate America succeed where government have failed?

I think that they know they'll make far more money on the shelf space that has until know been taken up by pistol ammo if they switch it over to selling diapers and formula. By like an order of magnitude at least. 

Doing it in reaction to a shooting makes them look good to all the diaper-buying parents out there....

Same with the open carry rules. If 0.001% of your customer base does something that makes (random number) 50% of your customers nervous, even if it's within their rights to do so, then it's a no-brainer for the company. 'We're making our shoppers feel safer' translates to 'more people will want to shop here' which translates to 'we make more money'.