Deisel

Jumping in Europe

I'm looking for recommendations for DZs to visit. I'll be in Germany for the next year or so and I'd like to see and jump Europe as much as possible. I just had my gear shipped over and I'm ready to get in the air. I don't know squat about the skydiving scene out here and would appreciate whatever info might be useful. I'm about 5 hours away from Pink Klatovy and so far it's the only place on my list to visit. So any recommendations would definitely be appreciated! 

Look at DZ listings in “Parachutist” magazine (USPA).

Visit German DZs close to you and ask them about other DZs. Many well-educated Europeans speak two or three languages, so communication should be only a minor hassle. In the long run you will want to learn how to speak basic German.

(edited)

Skydive Empuriabrava on the Bay of Roses is where I sometimes jump in our winter. It's not  too far from Girona Airport.  It has a Porter, Otter and Beech. A 400 jump limit comes up quite quickly due to the winds, it being coastal, but you won't have any problem with that. Many European skydivers jump in Spain and Portugal during their 'off season' so you should be able to get some first hand recommendations. The weather in Southern Spain and Portugal is invariably decent during the winter hence the European migration. 

Edited by Bokdrol

Germany itself has a good, if small-ish scene. I've been jumping out of Kassel for the last 2 years and it's a great community there. Plenty of other fun places too - a lot of the northern / coastal German DZs have inhopp (island hopping) boogies during the summer. As said though, picking up some German helps. For the winter season, Skytime Castellon is a highly underrated place - about an hour from Valencia, very chill, and literally right next to the ocean - beach landings every time, if ya want 'em.

Of course I meant 'Northern European' skydivers migrate South - apologies to Spain and Portugal who are of course in Europe!. Also re: Castellon - I've heard that it's mainly a weekend operation, other than during boogies. Other than that I've heard that it's a great DZ. I've never jumped there so the Castellon info. is hearsay only and stands to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

Also re: Castellon - I've heard that it's mainly a weekend operation

Hrmmm, could be, I'm honestly not sure... I've only been there during boogies and events (our club has their pre-season boogie there every year). Their website says they're open 7/7, but it very well could be that during the low season, there's not much going up during the week.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:34 PM, Deisel said:

I'm looking for recommendations for DZs to visit. I'll be in Germany for the next year or so and I'd like to see and jump Europe as much as possible. I just had my gear shipped over and I'm ready to get in the air. I don't know squat about the skydiving scene out here and would appreciate whatever info might be useful. I'm about 5 hours away from Pink Klatovy and so far it's the only place on my list to visit. So any recommendations would definitely be appreciated! 

Where exactly  in Germany  are  you? 5 hours form Klatovy has dozens of DZs.

Sone  hints.

http://www.toratora.eu/--> great events.

DZ Radfeld in Austria only a few weekends in Oktober check pink.at for times. Nice Mountain scenery.

http://www.skydivefano.com/ Italy very  nicely  located at the  adreatic sea. Not sure when there  are good events, we alos go  there as a group in August. 

https://www.mountaingravity.ch/ Hopefully  they will  have that event again in 2020. Did not happen in 2019 and 2018 due to  construction on the airport is what i heard.