2 2
nealkas

30 some years later....

Hello,

My name is neal.

My last jumps were at New Hanover ~1986ish...Always missed it, but you know, time, money, responsibilities....

Jumped again IAD at Maytown on 7/7/19..

My "Arch, Arch, Arch" was "Arse, Arse, Arse". Exited like a dead walrus kicked out of a hunter's airplane on account of the smell.

My PLF looked like the same dead walrus landing.

Absolutely Wonderful Day!!!

Going again 7/27.

Excellent people, excellent class/instructors. 

Everyone of all ages and experience very encouraging to newcomers and returnees.

• Like 1

Jumped again IAD at Maytown 7/27/19.

Still the dead walrus but instructor said my exit was improved.

And my landing was better.

My biggest issues right now is between the heat and the jumpsuit, I'm ready to heatstroke by the time I jump and my glasses and goggles are so full of sweat I'm virtually blind.

Still having a blast tho!

Been fighting the weather and my work schedule.

Jump 3 I actually nailed a good arch. Was pumped the whole day! Jump 4 I reverted to "Dead Walrus" mode.

Still I was more in tune and aware of the moment to moment flow of the jump.

Getting lots of encouragement from the instructors and members at Maytown Sport Parachute Club.

That is awesome. I’m basically in the same boat I made 300 jumps back in the early 90’s and I’m looking to get back in the sport this spring. Already bought a new rig. Several riggers just laughed at me when I asked if they would pack my old 5 cell swift reserve. I can’t wait to get back in the air hopefully there won’t be anymore Dead Walrus sightings.  

Hey Neal, jumped at United back in the day too! Just had my reserve repacked and will up at Maytown soon to jump too! Gonna try to get up there this Tuesday or Thursday, if not will be there this weekend! Hope to in into you there! Also need to practice packing again rusty and mostly flat packed back then!

Edited by SKYYDAWG