JoeDiving005

Tandem Skydiving, first time since 20 years ago

Hi. 

I’m 54 years old. I’ve been tandem skydiving twice, but the last time was 20 years ago. I want to go again next month. I want to experience the sense of anticipation, butterflies, excitement, exhilaration, serenity, as well as the feeling of accomplishment that I felt in my first two tandem jumps. But, I’m much older now. I don’t remember anyone my current age tandem skydiving the first two times I went. I’ve been watching tandem jumps from the facility I went to two decades ago, and, through watching them, it feels like it was only yesterday that I last went tandem skydiving. I have no physical ailments, but I was just wondering if there are any other considerations that someone my age should keep in mind. Thanks!!

Not really. As long as you don't have any health issues, and are reasonably flexible, there shouldn't be any problems.

I routinely see people in their 60s going. I've seen folks in their 70s and older go. I believe the record is 103 (could be wrong on that). 

Lots and lots of licensed sport jumpers that age (myself included, 54 next month). In fact, the "SOS" (Skydivers Over Sixty) group set a big way record last summer. I know a few of the old guys (and ladies, although I'd not call them 'old') that were on it.