4 4
nigel99

Go back to where you came from

8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Well, given that neither myself nor Trump drinks; you may be right on the latter. Personally, I'm tired of going to bed at night with the liberals having pissed me off. The only strategy the Dems have is to cast dispersion.  “Trump is a bully!” “Trump is an outsider” “Trump is an authoritarian!”  “Trump is a racist!”  “Trump is a con artist!” “Trump is Hitler!” “Trump is a misogynist!”  “Trump is a xenophobe!” Attack everyone who aligns themselves with Trump's policies as "You must hate little brown people!"

I'm fucking tired of it. The only one's playing the racist card are the liberals. They have no substance to their argument. Most of the Liberals on here don't even know the difference between being a racist and racism. You guys (and ladies) are responsible for today's cultural climate and you don't even know it. 

You guys just keep going with your current strategy -  You're going to assure Trump's victory in 2020.   

Bullshit. The man is an evil racist and if you don’t recognize this you are just another enabler. 

18 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

It’s funny how kind history has been to George Bush. He stands head and shoulders above this clown 

Trump is probably the best thing that every happened to GWB's legacy.  "Look, he had his faults, but he was WAY better than Trump."

7 hours ago, BIGUN said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not about what she said; it's about that she's brown or dark complected.   

Let's start with her first anti-semitic comment in 2012, "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."  She has a history of anti-semitic remarks. Do you condone what she has said about another minority? Where are the chants of anti-semitism?

Now, if a white man said, "The US has hypnotized the world, may God awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Iraq." Where would you be? Oh wait, When that was said - Bush was a bad person. He was a bigot, a racist, had no understanding of those "poor" people. 

But, she gets a pass. Got it.   

I'm just really confused here.  Is it anti-semitic to disagree with a government's political moves?  Is Israel's government beyond any criticism whatsoever?  It seems like these days if anyone even raises an eyebrow at Israeli policy or questions what their government is doing, they just get nailed with the "anti-semite" label.  What's up with that?

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 4:30 PM, nigel99 said:

This is the first time I’ve heard a mainstream politician use the term. It’s always been associated with racist right wing idiots as far as I know.

Hi Nigel,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49008454

After Sunday's tweets sparked fury, he denied he was racist, adding: "I don't have a Racist bone in my body!"

He doesn't even have the guts to take ownership of his own comments.  A complete & totally worthless person.

Oh, and for anyone who believes his above quote, I have some fine ocean-front property in Arizona for sale.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Complaining about Israel is not in and of itself anti-Semitic. Israel is a nation state with policies and actions that can be assessed on their own merits without ever taking into consideration that the people formulating those policies are Jewish. You are playing the racist card again, stop being a hypocrite.

Further, lets swing it back to Trump and his constant criticism of China... does that mean he's racist against ethnic Chinese?

Not to put too fine a point on it - but when did Jews become their own race?

Is this another one of those "If I think I am hard enough its true" scenarios?

Or, did you just grant them racial identity because of their religious beliefs?

by David Leonhardt:

His real estate company tried to avoid renting apartments to African-American tenants. He described “laziness” as “a trait in blacks.” He called for five black and Latino teenagers to be executed — and then insisted on their guilt even after DNA evidence proved their innocence.
He rose to prominence in the Republican Party by questioning the citizenship of the first black president. He launched his presidential campaign by saying Mexican immigrants were “rapists.” His political organization created a television advertisement that Fox News pulled for being too racist.
He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful, disrespectful or unintelligent. He mocks Native Americans and uses anti-Semitic stereotypes. He retweets white nationalists. He said that a violent white supremacist march included some “very fine people.” He regularly appoints people with a history of racist comments.
And over the weekend, he told four nonwhite members of Congress — all citizens, of course, and three of them born in the United States — to “go back” to where they came from.
President Trump doesn’t just make racist comments. He is a racist. He’s proven it again and again, over virtually his entire time as a public figure. His bigotry is a core part of his worldview, and it’s been central to his political rise.
Anyone who claims otherwise — like Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin; Senator Steve Daines of Montana; Marc Short, the vice president’s chief of staff — is simply enabling his hate. (Mnuchin now has a pattern of defending racism, as a way of pleasing his boss.)

There’s an interesting aspect to racism and culture. I was born in Zimbabwe and grew up seeing South Africans as racist but we were not. Then I moved to the UK and saw just how racist Zimbabweans were or could be and also for the first time really experienced racism from Black to White (try dealing with the Zimbabwean embassy and people inside it as a white Zimbabwean 15-20 years ago).

i then spent time in the Southern US states and can safely say that those states have rampant racism, very close to the worst I saw in Africa. Now I’m in Australia and racism is quite prevalent. There is an ad running on the radio at the moment where ‘x is a whinging Pom and when the temperature is above 28 degees...’ It’s actually pretty offensive.

In short people normalise their views based on who they surround themselves with. I’m sure that Trump and members of the KKK genuinely believe they aren’t racist, but you know those black lives matter people, wow are they racist or what!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

?? They didn't.  Did you read the post you were replying to?  He is saying that complaining about Israel is NOT racist (or even anti-Semitic.)  It is complaining about a country, not a religion or race.

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

There’s an interesting aspect to racism and culture. I was born in Zimbabwe and grew up seeing South Africans as racist but we were not. Then I moved to the UK and saw just how racist Zimbabweans were or could be and also for the first time really experienced racism from Black to White (try dealing with the Zimbabwean embassy and people inside it as a white Zimbabwean 15-20 years ago).

i then spent time in the Southern US states and can safely say that those states have rampant racism, very close to the worst I saw in Africa. Now I’m in Australia and racism is quite prevalent. There is an ad running on the radio at the moment where ‘x is a whinging Pom and when the temperature is above 28 degees...’ It’s actually pretty offensive.

In short people normalise their views based on who they surround themselves with. I’m sure that Trump and members of the KKK genuinely believe they aren’t racist, but you know those black lives matter people, wow are they racist or what!

Nigel,

Thank you for the valuable perspective. Hopefully a few posters here will take it away that their very limited and local view of things needs to be softened a bit.

Joe

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Nigel,

Thank you for the valuable perspective. Hopefully a few posters here will take it away that their very limited and local view of things needs to be softened a bit.

Joe

Nah man. He's a foreigner and as such secretly hates America and is probably a communist too.

And even if THOSE places are racist that's because they're third world shit holes and probably deserve it, being populated entirely by murderers and rapists and such. He's probably being paid to say it.

10 minutes ago, yoink said:

Nah man. He's a foreigner and as such secretly hates America and is probably a communist too.

And even if THOSE places are racist that's because they're third world shit holes and probably deserve it, being populated entirely by murderers and rapists and such. He's probably being paid to say it.

Take note of the communist star on Zimbabwe’s flag! I’m sure you don’t need any more proof than that ;)

:P

EEDDEAA5-4DD2-473D-9B6B-EC33D480DA7F.png

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Is this another one of those "If I think I am hard enough its true" scenarios?

Or, did you just grant them racial identity because of their religious beliefs?

Seriously, that's the takeaway you got from this post. OK, here you go;

A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations, by the 17th century the term race began to refer to physical (phenotypical) traits. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, an identity which is assigned based on rules made by society. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.

There you go, there has been a Jewish race since there has been the word 'race', and there is no problem with pointing out that Bigun is playing the racist card again, for the umpteenth time since he just claimed that Dems are the only people who play the racist card.

But I look forward to hearing you never admit you're wrong about this one either.

Harassment Based on National Origin

Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities. Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, "Go back to where you came from, " whether made by supervisors or by co-workers.

Source: https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/immigrants-facts.cfm

35 minutes ago, yoink said:

The sad thing is that this isn’t shocking from Trump.

I AM extremely disappointed that so few Republican senators and congressmen have spoken against it. Politics over decency.

They won't buck opinion polls. They aren't all puppy kickers completely devoid of morality. They simply see no point in taking any position adverse to their own self interests. That and they also, very genuinely, see no problem with the racist things the President say's and does. In fact, they agree with him. CNN interviewed 6 GOP women in Texas who agreed with Trump's statements and did not see racism because he didn't refer explicitly to the color of their skin. As Nigel explained it's all about frame of reference.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Support for U.S. President Donald Trump increased slightly among Republicans after he lashed out on Twitter over the weekend in a racially charged attack on four minority Democratic congresswomen, a Reuters/Ipsos public opinion poll shows.

The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

They won't buck opinion polls. They aren't all puppy kickers completely devoid of morality. They simply see no point in taking any position adverse to their own self interests. That and they also, very genuinely, see no problem with the racist things the President say's and does. In fact, they agree with him. CNN interviewed 6 GOP women in Texas who agreed with Trump's statements and did not see racism because he didn't refer explicitly to the color of their skin. As Nigel explained it's all about frame of reference.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Support for U.S. President Donald Trump increased slightly among Republicans after he lashed out on Twitter over the weekend in a racially charged attack on four minority Democratic congresswomen, a Reuters/Ipsos public opinion poll shows.

The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.

Like DJL said earlier, this  presidency has unfortunately exposed a much more common attitude in the US than I believed existed.

16 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

After Sunday's tweets sparked fury, he denied he was racist, adding: "I don't have a Racist bone in my body!"

That's because it's not a bone, it's his heart, brain, lungs, windpipe and tongue.

(edited)
14 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I was born in Zimbabwe and grew up seeing South Africans as racist but we were not.

Seriously. Perhaps you should give a history lesson on white-ruled Rhodesia; its transition to Zimbabwe and the new rule of white suppression/black supremacy under "Dr." Mugabe until being placed on Genocide Watch. I dunno; maybe you were born after 2103 when all was right with racism in Zimbabwe and everyone started holding hands and dancing around the pride pole. 

Go ahead. Share with us the lack of racism in Zimbabwe.    

Edited by BIGUN
grammar

34 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Seriously. Perhaps you should give a history lesson on white-ruled Rhodesia; its transition to Zimbabwe and the new rule of white suppression/black supremacy under "Dr." Mugabe until being placed on Genocide Watch. I dunno; maybe you were born after 2103 when all was right with racism in Zimbabwe and everyone started holding hands and dancing around the pride pole. 

Go ahead. Share with us the lack of racism in Zimbabwe.    

Did you bother to read what he actually wrote?

Your inability to see Trump's racism is just staggering.

"He's as blind as he can be, just sees what he wants to see..." (Nowhere Man, The Beatles) seems to apply to you.