2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

7 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And some people laugh at me because I still use a flip phone.

C'mon Joe, of course they laugh. Even my wife got rid of her flip phone.

Flip phones are back in style now with the new Razr and Samsung flip.

6 reasons not to buy Motorola's new Razr foldable flip phone - Business  Insider

Galaxy Z Flip: Características Galaxy Z Flip: review, precio. Como Galaxy  S20 plegable - CNET en Español

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

The Atlantic: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

This should have its own thread. Just because it is so important to understanding the person.

Edited by gowlerk

31 minutes ago, ryoder said:

A US news service confirms the story from The Atlantic. 

Hi Robert,

And everything that I have read today, none of his supports will categorically say he did not say those words about the veterans.  It's all, 'He does not use that type of language.'  'I have never heard him say that.'

Their 'so-called' denials confirm it for me.

Jerry Baumchen

11 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

It's all, 'He does not use that type of language.'  'I have never heard him say that.'

Hi folks,

Decide for yourselves; does anyone actually deny that he said what is being reported?

“It’s a fake story written by a magazine that was probably not going to be around much longer,” Trump said. “But it was a totally fake story, and that was confirmed by many people who were actually there. It was a terrible thing that somebody could say the kind of things, and especially to me, because I’ve done more for the military than almost anybody else.”

Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Friday defended President Donald Trump a day after an article alleged that the commander in chief disparaged the troops, but his statement stopped short of an outright denial of the article's explosive allegations.

Trump’s top aides in the West Wing also weighed in at a White House news conference. National security adviser Robert O’Brien said The Atlantic’s report was a “sad article for any magazine to have published,” and senior adviser Jared Kushner decried “unnamed sources” referenced by the media.

“I’ve never heard the president use the language that assertedly is said in that article, about him calling military suckers and losers,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Fox News. “I’ve never seen that. Indeed, just the contrary. He’s always had the deepest respect.”

Trump campaign spokesperson Hogan Gidley said the story was filled with “disgusting, grotesque, reprehensible lies.”

White House deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino deemed the report a “disgraceful attempt to smear POTUS,”

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Decide for yourselves; does anyone actually deny that he said what is being reported?...

Jerry Baumchen

General John Kelly was with trump when the remarks were made. trump can call upon General Kelly to deny them.

Oh! Trump says Kelly may have been source for bombshell Atlantic article

I guess loyal US Marines won't lie for the president.

Trump trashes ex-Chief of Staff John Kelly, says he ‘didn’t do a good job’

Edited by Phil1111

This interview is very interesting.  It really does give a lot of insight to Trump's thinking.   As John Kelly said, "he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices. "  i.e., Trump doesn't even understand someone doing something when it doesn't personally benefit them, much less engage in such behavior himself, ever. 

24 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

When you cannot attach the message, then attack the messenger:  'Donald Trump attacks 'slimeball' reporter in war dead row'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54042237

You will note that nowhere does he say, 'I never said that.'

Jerry Baumchen

He's in a big fight with a FOX news reporter that confirmed the story as well. Imagine FOX turning on trump!

So after no one claimed that Trump was having "mini strokes" he tweeted this today:

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS."

To prove it, he recently stumbled eight feet down a ramp with someone holding onto his arm.

20 hours ago, billvon said:

To prove it, he recently stumbled eight feet down a ramp with someone holding onto his arm.

Or there was that meandering stroll a couple months prior to his Walter Reed emergency where he aimlessly trudged around, ultimately finding his way to a sad puddle - effective metaphor for his "leadership" of the United States in the last ~4 years.

And his cultish supporters have the audacity to suggest that Biden is sundowning...

10 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Or there was that meandering stroll a couple months prior to his Walter Reed emergency where he aimlessly trudged around, ultimately finding his way to a sad puddle

This is the only video I could find for that one.  It says he was waiting for Melania and telling her to watch out for the puddle, but that part was apparently edited out.

Actually Trump was right. Those military soldiers who died are losers and suckers. You people just don't understand what he was saying.You all just hate Trump and just don't want him to be known as greatest president to ever live! You can't see through your hate to understand what he actually meant. Let me break it down for you...

If you died in battle, you have lost your life. Therefore you are a loser (of your life).

Trump was also using the 5th version of the definition of sucker. Without the piston, a suction pump would be useless. Pistons are vital to the machine, just like soldiers are vital to the war machine.

This is what Trump actually meant. Jeez.

suck·er

/ˈsəkər/ 

noun

1.     INFORMAL

a gullible or easily deceived person.

o    a person especially susceptible to or fond of (a specified thing).

"I always was a sucker for a good fairy tale"

2.   INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

a thing or person not specified by name.

"he's one strong sucker"

3.   a flat or concave organ enabling an animal to cling to a surface by suction.

4.   BOTANY

a shoot springing from the base of a tree or other plant, especially one arising from the root below ground level at some distance from the main stem or trunk.

o    a side shoot from an axillary bud, as in tomato plants.

5.   the piston of a suction pump.

o    a pipe through which liquid is drawn by suction.

6.   a freshwater fish with thick lips that are used to suck up food from the bottom, native to North America and Asia.

28 minutes ago, kallend said:

"What did he know and when did he know it?"

Woodward's new book and his tapes of Trump speaking are pretty damning.

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

Hi John,

‘He knowingly and willingly lied’: Biden rips Trump over Woodward book revelations

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/09/biden-trump-woodward-410911

Looks like Joe Biden is feasting at Trump's table.  

Keep up the good work, Joe.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And to make things worse for Trump:  Emails show HHS official trying to muzzle Fauci

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/09/emails-show-hhs-muzzle-fauci-410861