2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

9 hours ago, yoink said:

So apparently Trump speaks to God now. And not like I know some people here do - he has full on nonsensical conversations with him and gets replies telling him he’s fantastic.

“He also said the coronavirus-crippled US economy was a heaven-sent test for him.

"That's God testing me," Mr Trump said. "He said, 'You know, you did it once.' And I said, 'Did I do a great job, God? I'm the only one that could do it.' 

"He said, 'That you shouldn't say. Now we're going to have you do it again.' I said, 'Okay, I agree. You got me.'"”

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53815566

trump serves what evangelicals swallow.

22 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump Must Turn Over Tax Returns to D.A., Judge Rules

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/nyregion/donald-trump-taxes-cyrus-vance.html

Hi Robert,

It will be like peeling an onion, the stink just get worse as you go.

And:  'Marrero's decision comes a month after the Supreme Court rejected Trump's earlier claims that a sitting president has absolute immunity from state criminal subpoenas.'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12456237/trump-must-turn-over-tax-returns-stormy-daniels/

Jerry Baumchen

On 8/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, ryoder said:

Trump Must Turn Over Tax Returns to D.A., Judge Rules

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/nyregion/donald-trump-taxes-cyrus-vance.html

Judge denies Trump’s bid for a stay of subpoena in Manhattan DA’s tax records case

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/21/judge-denies-trumps-bid-for-a-stay-of-subpoena-in-manhattan-das-tax-records-case.html

“I’m talking too freely,” Maryanne Trump Barry, a former federal judge and President Trump’s older sister, said during 15 hours recorded in 2018 and 2019 by her niece, Mary L. Trump. Barry’s remarks are the most critical comments known to have been made about the president by one of his siblings.

17 hours ago, kallend said:

Hi John,

And this:

“It was all about him.” 

Barry said this about Trump’s speech at their father’s funeral in 1999. “Donald was the only one who didn’t speak about Dad,” she added.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/22/wapo-trumps-sister-said-he-has-no-morals-people-cant-trust-him-400224

What a great guy.

Jerry Baumchen 

On 8/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, kallend said:

“We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health-care plan”;   DJT July 19, 2020

Apparently it's  "Stealth Health" - completely undetectable.

Part of me thinks that's a good thing.

. . .and seriously, what's up with the giant obnoxious fonts all of the time?

(and no John, I don't literally mean "all of the time" - Just when you use them, which is a lot.)

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

(and no John, I don't literally mean "all of the time" - Just when you use them, which is a lot.)

That happens automatically when I paste from a news article, (on a Mac). I always need to select the "Paste as plain text instead" option to undo the crap.

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

Part of me thinks that's a good thing.

The RCG interface does it automatically with a paste unless I go out of my way to turn it off each and every time.  I figure if it becomes annoying enough the powers that be will fix it.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

That happens automatically when I paste from a news article, (on a Mac). I always need to select the "Paste as plain text instead" option to undo the crap.

Hi Robert,

It happens to me when I do that, and I am on a Win10.

I copy/paste into MSWord, do my editing & then copy/paste here.  Works pretty good.

Jerry Baumchen

39 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

It happens to me when I do that, and I am on a Win10.

I copy/paste into MSWord, do my editing & then copy/paste here.  Works pretty good.

Jerry Baumchen

What I really hate is when that crap happens, as I am on a bank/investment website and updating my financial spreadsheets. There is no option to turn the shit off, but I've found if I paste onto the command line in a terminal window, then copy from the terminal window, I can paste into the spreadsheet w/o the formatting garbage trashing the spreadsheet. Hard to believe some damned developers think this crap is a "feature".

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hard to believe some damned developers think this crap is a "feature".

And another thing!

Just when I get comfortable with a user interface and can find every "feature" I want, some damned developer (probably 15 years old) decides to "improve" it.

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

And another thing!

Just when I get comfortable with a user interface and can find every "feature" I want, some damned developer (probably 15 years old) decides to "improve" it.

Of course! Everything must be "improved" until it is overly complex and unusable. Just Google for: linux systemd controversy

5 hours ago, kallend said:

And another thing!

Reading all of your comments, has made me feel very young :)

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And some people laugh at me because I still use a flip phone.

C'mon Joe, of course they laugh. Even my wife got rid of her flip phone. But we still have a land line. And she still has a passbook bank account. I'll bet they don't even exist in the US anymore.