2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

12 minutes ago, kallend said:

Moscow Mitch breaks with Trump on Syria:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitch-mcconnell-withdrawing-from-syria-is-a-grave-mistake/2019/10/18/c0a811a8-f1cd-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

Maybe he's finally realized that having US foreign policy run by a 3rd rate reality TV star for his personal enrichment isn't even in Mitch's best interests.

I doubt he gives a shit. This is a national issue beyond the interest or ken of his Kentucky base, or any other tucky's for that matter. I reckon his one and only best interest is re-election in 2020 and this is just means fewer Moscow Mitch hats sold in Bowling Green.

9 minutes ago, yoink said:

https://youtu.be/mMrL2LGzJuQ

Would be hilarious if it was happening to someone else and if it wasn’t, you know, 100% accurate.

Spot on. I'm still of the opinion we are stuck with him. If what he's brazenly done so far hasn't been enough to inspire Senate Republican's by the dozen to break ranks then what? 

6 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

If what he's brazenly done so far hasn't been enough to inspire Senate Republican's by the dozen to break ranks then what? 

Hi Joe,

So far, no R has had one of their oxen gored.  It would/will be interesting when what he does start to actually effect one of them.

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

So far, no R has had one of their oxen gored.  It would/will be interesting when what he does start to actually effect one of them.

Jerry Baumchen

Only 4 Senate R's up in 2020 are even possibly in play. All the rest are from Dumbfuckistan. The only thing they can do to fuck up their reelections is oppose Trump.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Spot on. I'm still of the opinion we are stuck with him. If what he's brazenly done so far hasn't been enough to inspire Senate Republican's by the dozen to break ranks then what? 

I’ve been saying the same for the past 2 years.

12 minutes ago, yoink said:

I’ve been saying the same for the past 2 years.

And you've been right for the past two years. I hate the way things are but unless the giggle gang figures out how to fight dirty we are just the maraschino cherry on the sundae of the world wide trend towards authoritarian governments everywhere. Sort of, I think the di are cast and it will come up snake eyes for democracy. Unless........

I’m afraid I don’t want the giggle gang to fight dirty. As long as we have elections, they only have to wait and work to get the next opportunity. It’s just that it’s hard work, and takes flexibility, and people in power aren’t used to either of those any more. 

Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I’m afraid I don’t want the giggle gang to fight dirty. As long as we have elections, they only have to wait and work to get the next opportunity. It’s just that it’s hard work, and takes flexibility, and people in power aren’t used to either of those any more. 

Wendy P. 

You're right: "as long as we have elections." If you look around the world and back in time it's clear that removing term limits is one big step towards an authoritarian government. Also on the hit list are the rights of migrants and refugees, demonizing asylum seekers, the targeting of exiles abroad, using digital tools to control thought and create outcomes, gerrymandering, coercion and outright fraud just to name some.

Those are all things America is struggling against- and for -today. Maybe you don't want the giggle gang to fight dirty against authoritarianism. But if you believe it should never happen you are in strict disagreement with American History. 

The winning side in America today are street fighters. They are merciless and do not care a whit about appearances. You do not win street fights by getting gosh darn mad. You win with low blows and biting. The reality is that as hard and, quite possibly unlikely, it will be to turn back the tide of Trumpism in America if we don't do it now we may be living with it for decades to come, or more. Winning against evil and not liking yourself for how you went about it is still winning. I'll take that over losing any day.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

The winning side in America today are street fighters. They are merciless and do not care a whit about appearances. You do not win street fights by getting gosh darn mad. You win with low blows and biting. 

I think the dirty tricks might be happening already. I’m getting more and more convinced Mulvaney is a deep cover Democrat plant. His latest gem - Trump wanted to host the G7 at Doral because “he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business”. Yes Mick, yes he does!

Looks like another IG is going to be fired:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/07/09/sharpiegate-inspector-general-final-report/

Investigation rebukes Commerce Department for siding with Trump over forecasters during Hurricane Dorian

Add to list

Report confirms Commerce officials responded to orders from the White House.

20 minutes ago, kallend said:

Looks like another IG is going to be fired:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/07/09/sharpiegate-inspector-general-final-report/

Investigation rebukes Commerce Department for siding with Trump over forecasters during Hurricane Dorian

Add to list

Report confirms Commerce officials responded to orders from the White House.

His disdain for everything America is has gotten flat out criminal. It's beyond sickening.

57 minutes ago, normiss said:

His disdain for everything America is has gotten flat out criminal. It's beyond sickening.

Amazing how many people are involved to protect his fragile ego. There appears to be absolutely nobody in the GOP with a spine.

Also shows the right does not like science. But Coreece gets very upset about that....

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks more & more like the Third Reich; 'Loyalty test':

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/15/trump-appointees-loyalty-interviews-364616

Jerry Baumchen

Looks more & more like the dying days of the Third Reich.

He seems to be surrounding himself with more and more individuals ready to lie for him. But with a few hard core soldiers like Roger Stone as exceptions. Most are ready to put the pen to books asap after leaving.

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Most are ready to put the pen to books asap after leaving.

A thousand times this. It’s what he’d do if he were a staffie. Heck, he might even write his own If I Did It book

Wendy P. 

13 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

A thousand times this. It’s what he’d do if he were a staffie. Heck, he might even write his own If I Did It book

Wendy P. 

I'm not sure if you came up with that on your own or heard it elsewhere. But its a guarantee he will have a book penned(ghost written) about his innocence and "beautiful presidency". He can't resist having the last word and how the 2020 election was stolen from him will have to be told.

Bravo on doing your personal part in the protest of ICE actions.You go girl!

8 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks more & more like the Third Reich; 'Loyalty test':

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/15/trump-appointees-loyalty-interviews-364616

Jerry Baumchen

"It just seems like you could be a rocket scientist, but all they care about is whether you are MAGA" - this has been true for years now.

"OK so you've got a CAR T-cell based treatment for solid tumor cancers.  Do you support Trump as the one true leader?  No?  Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

"The Supreme Court on Friday granted the Manhattan district attorney's request to expedite its recent decision rejecting President Trump's claims of absolute immunity from a subpoena for eight years of tax returns.

Chief Justice John Roberts ordered the decision to go into effect immediately. The president's legal team did not oppose the move.

The order will allow the remaining proceedings at the district court level to advance more swiftly. It normally takes nearly a month for the Supreme Court's decisions to go into effect."

On 8/22/2019 at 1:03 AM, jakee said:

And now Trump is calling the Danish PM 'nasty' for calling his plan to buy Greenland (an autonomous country the Danes have no authority to sell) absurd. I'm so confused that this is actually happening in the real world and it's not all a big Armando Ianucci satire.

0DD30267-7029-4C42-ACDD-05F9874DF2CA.jpeg

(edited)

So apparently Trump speaks to God now. And not like I know some people here do - he has full on nonsensical conversations with him and gets replies telling him he’s fantastic.

“He also said the coronavirus-crippled US economy was a heaven-sent test for him.

"That's God testing me," Mr Trump said. "He said, 'You know, you did it once.' And I said, 'Did I do a great job, God? I'm the only one that could do it.' 

"He said, 'That you shouldn't say. Now we're going to have you do it again.' I said, 'Okay, I agree. You got me.'"”

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53815566

Edited by yoink