2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

Jesus Christ on rubber crutches...the orange shitgibbon tried to foist a surprise "hug-and-make-up" meeting on the parents of Harry Dunn, the Brit who was killed by the wife of an American diplomat in an auto accident, who then fled the country to avoid potential prosecution. 

The parents were blindsided; they had no idea they were being brought to the White House to meet with the pResident.  They were told they were meeting with "a high-level official."

They then told tRump essentially: Stick it up your arse.  We're not meeting with her unless it's on British soil where she can face proper justice.  Good for them.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

A reality tv president gets you reality tv moments...

Which is why I abhor "reality" TV.  I can get into the competition-type stuff like AGT or The Voice (somewhat) because I enjoy singing.  While that's a version of "reality TV" I don't see it as being on the same plane as the "drama" shows.  Oh and Ninja Warrior is pretty good stuff too.  Those guys and gals are beasts!

My fellow Americans, though, for the most part are sucked into this bullshit.  How anyone can sit through even one single episode of "The Apprentice" or "Real Housewives" or "Bachelor" is beyond me.  I watched "Road Rules" and "Real World" when I was a kid.  Because I thought like a kid, and acted like a kid, and watched shows that I grew out of when I was no longer a kid.

About the only usefulness I get out of the bible here:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Edited by yobnoc
Added quote

56 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Jesus Christ on rubber crutches...the orange shitgibbon tried to foist a surprise "hug-and-make-up" meeting on the parents of Harry Dunn, the Brit who was killed by the wife of an American diplomat in an auto accident, who then fled the country to avoid potential prosecution. 

The parents were blindsided; they had no idea they were being brought to the White House to meet with the pResident.  They were told they were meeting with "a high-level official."

They then told tRump essentially: Stick it up your arse.  We're not meeting with her unless it's on British soil where she can face proper justice.  Good for them.

Holy F'n shit! That's true. What an asshole.

• Like 1

“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome."

The official White House twitter account just posted this along with the video of the press-conference wrap with Italy.  Apparently, 7/4/1776 was thousands of years ago.  What an embarrassment. 

6 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome."

The official White House twitter account just posted this along with the video of the press-conference wrap with Italy.  Apparently, 7/4/1776 was thousands of years ago.  What an embarrassment. 

Incredible. And now we have his 3rd grade level letter to Erdogan. How can anyone defend the moron.

Trump Letter.png

As much as Trump is a self-centred grifter, and the Syria pullout is an bizarre about face for US "policy", I gotta give him credit for getting straight to the effing point in that Erdogan letter.

It may be "undiplomatic", lacking any nuance, and he might change his mind the next time he blinks, but it does have both stick and carrot aspects to it.

2 hours ago, yobnoc said:

I am sure he thought it would improve his TV ratings.

12 hours ago, yobnoc said:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Ironically, that describes my belief in God and Christ.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pchapman said:

As much as Trump is a self-centred grifter, and the Syria pullout is an bizarre about face for US "policy", I gotta give him credit for getting straight to the effing point in that Erdogan letter.

It may be "undiplomatic", lacking any nuance, and he might change his mind the next time he blinks, but it does have both stick and carrot aspects to it.

And will accomplish absolutely nothing. Should communication work towards accomplishing something, or should it just be to make you feel better?

Erdogan threw the letter in the garbage. Do you think the tone may have a little bit to do with that?

57 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Erdogan threw the letter in the garbage. Do you think the tone may have a little bit to do with that?

Sure, I'll grant you that. 

I don't know what Erdogan responds to, what his style is. I'll leave that to diplomats & psychologists. No simple answers.

e.g., To go Godwin on this, which of the following would be more effective ... or equally useless:

"Dear Mr Hitler, I am writing you to respectfully inquire about setting up diplomatic meetings to explore options looking for common ground, in regards to some of your policies involving ethnic and religious groups, which some may regard as unfortunately inequitable."

vs. "Dear Mr Hitler, think about how you'll be viewed in history as a mass murderer. Between east and west, our industrial capacity & manpower is such that we'll crush you and your armies one way or another. Don't be an idiot!".

1 minute ago, pchapman said:

Sure, I'll grant you that. 

I don't know what Erdogan responds to, what his style is. I'll leave that to diplomats & psychologists. No simple answers.

e.g., To go Godwin on this, which of the following would be more effective ... or equally useless:

"Dear Mr Hitler, I am writing you to respectfully inquire about setting up diplomatic meetings to explore options looking for common ground, in regards to some of your policies involving ethnic and religious groups, which some may regard as unfortunately inequitable."

vs. "Dear Mr Hitler, think about how you'll be viewed in history as a mass murderer. Between east and west, our industrial capacity & manpower is such that we'll crush you and your armies one way or another. Don't be an idiot!".

That is when you are trying to get direct results. Diplomacy is much more of a long game. One built on relationships. When you look in your own personal life, who are the people who can sway you to change your views. The guy who told you to give you his wallet or he was going to blow your head off, or those who spent time to get to know you, took some interest and explained positions over time?

I mean, this is all pretty basic stuff. The "well at least he tells it like it is" comments are so one-dimensional and simply do not reflect how the world actually works.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

And will accomplish absolutely nothing. Should communication work towards accomplishing something, or should it just be to make you feel better?

No. He threw the letter away because he knew that it was an empty threat.

Trump is too much of a coward to do anything. He's shown that already with Iran, North Korea, Russia (well, more than just cowardice there), and Saudi Arabia (again, more there).

He was even too chickenshit to call out the KKK and the Nazi party.

The only people he's really gotten 'tough' on are poor immigrants. He isn't afraid of those.

• Like 1

(edited)

Moscow Mitch breaks with Trump on Syria:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitch-mcconnell-withdrawing-from-syria-is-a-grave-mistake/2019/10/18/c0a811a8-f1cd-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

Maybe he's finally realized that having US foreign policy run by a 3rd rate reality TV star for his personal enrichment isn't even in Mitch's best interests.

Edited by kallend