2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

No.

Misspelled 'thought'.

Did you miss the question I asked a few posts back?

Or are you just ignoring it?

Which post?  I either didnt see it, or my memory is going away.  

What were we talking about?

I intentionally misspelled Loser - to be sarcastic, and humorous.

Did the "Trump Gaffs" thread get deleted?  Looked but couldn't find it.  Anyway, I'm not sure if Trump knows that Afghanistan is our host and ally in the fight against Al Queda/Taliban remnants even factoring in the most contentious issues we have with each other.  I'm not sure who he thinks we would fight, against the country of Afghanistan? Did he really just make a suggestion that he's being the good guy by not obliterating the entire country and its inhabitants?

Trump: I could win Afghanistan war 'in a week'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/trump-afghanistan-war-1425692

29 minutes ago, DJL said:

Did the "Trump Gaffs" thread get deleted?  Looked but couldn't find it.  Anyway, I'm not sure if Trump knows that Afghanistan is our host and ally in the fight against Al Queda/Taliban remnants even factoring in the most contentious issues we have with each other.  I'm not sure who he thinks we would fight, against the country of Afghanistan? Did he really just make a suggestion that he's being the good guy by not obliterating the entire country and its inhabitants?

Trump: I could win Afghanistan war 'in a week'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/trump-afghanistan-war-1425692

FYI: President Trump trolls the MSM to introduce clues and directions in the Q movement. Absurd comments have different meanings.

Patriots in control

Winning

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

FYI: President Trump trolls the MSM to introduce clues and directions in the Q movement. Absurd comments have different meanings.

Patriots in control

Winning

That's equally as rational of a statement as Trump suggesting on the international stage that we would turn Afghanistan into a sheet of glass so I'm not really sure how to respond.

56 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Patriots in control

Winning

I get really confused when you post this "Patriots in control" saying, and here's why.  I served in the US Navy for 5 years, my wife for 6, and both of us are vehemently opposed to Trump's policies (rather, lack thereof), and were either of us to run for elected office, we would definitely fight tooth and nail to keep the Trump agenda from ever coming to fruition.  So...what makes a patriot?  I don't think that word means what you think it means.  Patriotism is the vigorous love of one's country, which is a quality that I and my wife have, yet I think you're conflating that with blind support of all things nationalistic.  It is not.  Our country is not a perfect union; we are on the ever-changing path toward a more perfect union.  The implication there is that we must continue to change for the better indefinitely.  If not for that constant march toward a more perfect union, we'd still have slavery.  Women would never have been given the right to vote.  Segregation would still be legal.  "Witches" could be burned at the stake.  You could beat a woman so long as the rod used was no thicker than your thumb.  Lynchings would be commonplace, as well as other hate crimes, and go unpunished (still have a long way to go on this one; police brutality toward minorities is much too common). 

So...what does patriotism mean to you?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Patriots in control

Winning

He’s not the only one trolling, eh?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

That's equally as rational of a statement as Trump suggesting on the international stage that we would turn Afghanistan into a sheet of glass so I'm not really sure how to respond.

Ron is trolling you by suggesting Trump is trolling you. The correct response to either is laughter. It will help to keep you from allowing the absurdity of both statements from affecting you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yobnoc said:

I get really confused when you post this "Patriots in control" saying, and here's why.  I served in the US Navy for 5 years, my wife for 6, and both of us are vehemently opposed to Trump's policies (rather, lack thereof), and were either of us to run for elected office, we would definitely fight tooth and nail to keep the Trump agenda from ever coming to fruition.  So...what makes a patriot?  I don't think that word means what you think it means.  Patriotism is the vigorous love of one's country, which is a quality that I and my wife have, yet I think you're conflating that with blind support of all things nationalistic.  It is not.  Our country is not a perfect union; we are on the ever-changing path toward a more perfect union.  The implication there is that we must continue to change for the better indefinitely.  If not for that constant march toward a more perfect union, we'd still have slavery.  Women would never have been given the right to vote.  Segregation would still be legal.  "Witches" could be burned at the stake.  You could beat a woman so long as the rod used was no thicker than your thumb.  Lynchings would be commonplace, as well as other hate crimes, and go unpunished (still have a long way to go on this one; police brutality toward minorities is much too common). 

So...what does patriotism mean to you?

I'm pretty sure Ron would be happy to return to those days. As long as he is among the favoured part of the population that is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Ron is trolling you by suggesting Trump is trolling you. The correct response to either is laughter. It will help to keep you from allowing the absurdity of both statements from affecting you.

It’s even better than that.

[Q] is trolling Ron who is trolling here about Trump trolling MSM.

Im getting confused!

2 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Lynchings would be commonplace, as well as other hate crimes, and go unpunished (still have a long way to go on this one; police brutality toward minorities is much too common). 

The "good" black people would merely be told "go back where you came from."

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Patriots in control

Winning

You have got to be pulling my dingaling. That is insane even by your conspiratorial standards. When you were jumping and got a bad spot did you ascribe nefarious intentions to anyone? The pilot? The manifestor? The packers? The crapper cleaner? Were they all in cahoots, perhaps? Was it all planned long in advance to hide all tracks? Did you think it was actually a misdirection where you were used to confuse the real target? Did you think: "Yes. For sure. How else could it be explained?" 

You are a sad figure, Ron. You are, I think, irretrievably controlled by your delusions. And that makes you a very dangerous person. Good that you are sequestered with like minded loonies and away from  the rest of us. Please stay there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You have got to be pulling my dingaling. That is insane even by your conspiratorial standards. When you were jumping and got a bad spot did you ascribe nefarious intentions to anyone? The pilot? The manifestor? The packers? The crapper cleaner? Were they all in cahoots, perhaps? Was it all planned long in advance to hide all tracks? Did you think it was actually a misdirection where you were used to confuse the real target? Did you think: "Yes. For sure. How else could it be explained?" 

You are a sad figure, Ron. You are, I think, irretrievably controlled by your delusions. And that makes you a very dangerous person. Good that you are sequestered with like minded loonies and away from  the rest of us. Please stay there.

While I can't disagree with any of your post, it does strike as a little bit blatant as far as personal attacks go.  I wouldn't want to see you get a hit; I enjoy reading your posts.

1 minute ago, yobnoc said:

While I can't disagree with any of your post, it does strike as a little bit blatant as far as personal attacks go.  I wouldn't want to see you get a hit; I enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks Yobnoc,

I don't want a banning, that's for sure. But Ron begs a completely honest assessment, hopefully the ref's will agree. At a certain point we need to be able to say what we think is true without dancing around corners. I think what I wrote is true. Not just as Me vs. Ron but as reality vs. insanity. I might also say as in truth vs. falsehoods. We have crazy hard headwinds to sail against these days and if we are going to get to where we need to be we need to step up our game. Hopefully I'm here tomorrow.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Thanks Yobnoc,

I don't want a banning, that's for sure. But Ron begs a completely honest assessment, hopefully the ref's will agree. At a certain point we need to be able to say what we think is true without dancing around corners. I think what I wrote is true. Not just as Me vs. Ron but as reality vs. insanity. I might also say as in truth vs. falsehoods. We have crazy hard headwinds to sail against these days and if we are going to get to where we need to be we need to step up our game. Hopefully I'm here tomorrow.

Nope. Ron gets the same courtesy we all do.

No PAs. I got banned for pointing out his shortcomings a while back. 

I do find it amusing that he claims that the "liberals" wrongly think that Trump supporting conservatives are ignorant, then posts what he posted above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Nope. Ron gets the same courtesy we all do.

No PAs. I got banned for pointing out his shortcomings a while back. 

I do find it amusing that he claims that the "liberals" wrongly think that Trump supporting conservatives are ignorant, then posts what he posted above.

Joe,

How bad was it really? I called him a sad figure. Is that really a PA? The rest of it was simply observations that are truthful and also, I'm guessing, not original except in wording. Here it is: I do not think Ron deserves a pass. If I saw him talking to an impressionable person I would intervene. I think that anyone who participates here who cares about truth that would not do the same needs to recalibrate their thinking. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

Joe

I don't really know exactly where the line is. I'm not a moderator. However, I would say that 'sad, delusional, dangerous and loonie' are across the line. 

However, I have found that BillVon replies to PMs reasonably quickly and will give you an honest and fair opinion.

My 'week of vacation' was also at a time when Ron had posted some pretty offensive stuff and a lot of people had posted PAs. Bill had had enough and stated "no more warnings", but it was shortly after I had posted mine. 

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't really know exactly where the line is. I'm not a moderator. However, I would say that 'sad, delusional, dangerous and loonie' are across the line. 

However, I have found that BillVon replies to PMs reasonably quickly and will give you an honest and fair opinion.

My 'week of vacation' was also at a time when Ron had posted some pretty offensive stuff and a lot of people had posted PAs. Bill had had enough and stated "no more warnings", but it was shortly after I had posted mine. 

I'm pretty sure I'm on his watchlist, and for good reason. I'm just hoping it's Amy's Birthday or something.

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Joe,

How bad was it really? I called him a sad figure. Is that really a PA? The rest of it was simply observations that are truthful and also, I'm guessing, not original except in wording. Here it is: I do not think Ron deserves a pass. If I saw him talking to an impressionable person I would intervene. I think that anyone who participates here who cares about truth that would not do the same needs to recalibrate their thinking. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

Joe

I've found that Bill is pretty reasonable.  It's hard to find the line sometimes, but I nearly crossed it in another thread with someone who I felt had attacked me.  I talked it out with Bill and ultimately it came to what I think was a good conclusion, which was that we both recognized that we had a part in stoking the other's rage, and we both offered apologies for our crassness. 

As I'm writing this, I find that I don't see how it's applicable to this situation though...

21 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

How bad was it really? I called him a sad figure. Is that really a PA?

You are perfectly capable of using wit and laying it between the lines. There are ways to call Ron and his ilk out without resorting to angry name calling. I think they have a new system now. You get brownie points and not temporary bans. If you accumulate too many warnings you get perma-banned. I have at least one bad boy point myself.