2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

Remember when Obama was in office and the R's had this bee in their bonnet about the USA losing international prestige?

Now for the umpteenth time, direct evidence that the world is laughing at Trump and are they bothered?

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

adult serving in the Oval Office.

Trumps was responding - not initiating. Still kinda childish on Trump's part. 

On 7 July 2019, secret diplomatic cables from Darroch to various members and officials of the UK government, dating from 2017 to 2019, were leaked to the Mail on Sunday,[15] including statements such as the Trump administration was 'inept and insecure'.[16] This drew widespread criticism with Nigel Farage saying Darroch was "totally unsuitable" for office and Bill Cash saying the comments were "toxic".[17][18][19] On 8 July 2019 Donald Trump tweeted that Darroch was "not liked or well thought of within the US" and that "we will no longer deal with him".[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Darroch

38 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Trumps was responding - not initiating. Still kinda childish on Trump's part. 

True - and not like there wasn't precedent....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/dec/02/wikileaks-gordon-brown-abysmal-prime-minister

"

The US embassy in London wrote off Gordon Brown within a year of his arrival in No 10 after concluding that an "abysmal track record" had left him lurching from "political disaster to disaster", according to cables released by WikiLeaks.

In a scathing assessment of the former prime minister, George Bush's last ambassador to London blamed Brown for presiding over a "post-Blair rudderlessness" which prompted senior Labour figures to complain of their despair to the embassy."

15 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Trumps was responding - not initiating. Still kinda childish on Trump's part

Not really responding.  It was a leaked cable.  It's not like the ambassador tweeted to call him an idiot, he was merely giving his assessment to back home. You would hope that ambassadors could give their honest opinions without fear - indeed that's the point of their position.  It's not the ambassadors fault the memo subsequently got leaked.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mr2mk1g said:

Not really responding.  It was a leaked cable.  It's not like the ambassador tweeted to call him an idiot, he was merely giving his assessment to back home. You would hope that ambassadors could give their honest opinions without fear - indeed that's the point of their position.  It's not the ambassadors fault the memo subsequently got leaked.

Just read about his resignation. It is the right move in the circumstances but it sucks as he was the victim of a leak. 

Most political or senior business roles require people to make honest assessments that may not be flattering and they are expected to be kept confidential.

I must admit I find the whole Wikileaks and leaking culture deeply disturbing and damaging. 

6 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I must admit I find the whole Wikileaks and leaking culture deeply disturbing and damaging

But at least it makes organizations understand that they need to protect their communications. If Wikileaks can get it so can the Chinese.....

Trump shows once again his childish , vain and bullying character. He cannot stand criticism just as you would expect from a spoiled child. His response to the leaked emails were both pathetic and completely expected. I can see people agreeing with policy positions but continually seeing such reprehensible behavior which causes no concern or doubt about the mans mental stability and moral character I do not understand. The pettiness of the man is without peer. Truly the epitome of the ugly American.

2 hours ago, ndege said:

Trump shows once again his childish , vain and bullying character. He cannot stand criticism just as you would expect from a spoiled child. His response to the leaked emails were both pathetic and completely expected. I can see people agreeing with policy positions but continually seeing such reprehensible behavior which causes no concern or doubt about the mans mental stability and moral character I do not understand. The pettiness of the man is without peer. Truly the epitome of the ugly American.

Trump demonstrates how deeply the culture of impunity has penetrated the GOP. We’ve seen bottomless self-dealing and a refusal to show minimal transparency on his business holdings; extensive and potentially criminal efforts to derail the Russia investigation; the refusal to hold the Saudis accountable for the dismembering of Jamal Khashoggi; maximal resistance to any and all congressional oversight; setting AG  Barr on his political critics; Acosta’s potential survival; and so much more — with nary a peep from Republicans and adulation from "Christians" like Ron.

Moral and ethical consistency from anyone who identifies as Republican or Christian?  

That is not possible.  Not in this day and age.  

For those people, morals and ethics are completely fungible.  It depends on who is doing what, and what their beliefs and skin color are.  Then, and only then, can a decision be made as to what iteration of their version of ethics and morals apply.

Reich Wing.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, funjumper101 said:

Moral and ethical consistency from anyone who identifies as Republican or Christian?  

That is not possible.  Not in this day and age.  

For those people, morals and ethics are completely fungible.  It depends on who is doing what, and what their beliefs and skin color are.  Then, and only then, can a decision be made as to what iteration of their version of ethics and morals apply.

Reich Wing.png

Yes, the culture wars have now entered a phase of mobilization. The current abortion fight is getting to the point where people who believe in freedom are ready to get off their asses and vote for a change.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:24 PM, jakee said:

Remember when Obama was in office and the R's had this bee in their bonnet about the USA losing international prestige?

Now for the umpteenth time, direct evidence that the world is laughing at Trump and are they bothered?

Yes.  We are.

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Nah - He's not redneck enough.

He shows up as a spoiled, entitled, narcissistic, rich person - 

I’m not sure how widespread the view is, but I sort of group up with the perception of rednecks being dumb but friendly, and the ‘middle class’ Americans who traveled being the ‘ugly american’ rich enough to travel yet obnoxious.

Its funny but having spent a descent amount of time in the USA I think red necks are generally very nice and a good few really bright and interesting people.

17 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Nah - He's not redneck enough.

He shows up as a spoiled, entitled, narcissistic, rich person - 

I was referring to his demeanor and actions  not his social status. By the ugly American I mean; loud, arrogant, pushy, entitled, rude, ignorant and lacking in self awareness. Of course there are these types from most Countries but some Americans just excel at it. Trump of course being an outstanding example.

34 minutes ago, ndege said:

By the ugly American I mean; loud, arrogant, pushy, entitled, rude, ignorant and lacking in self awareness.

Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way. Actually the more time I spend in America interacting with Americans the more they seem just like Canadians. Except for the accents of course. I hope that doesn't say bad things about Canadians.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Trump is battling/bitching about someone.

Hi folks,

And he lost another one:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48959538

'Trump retreats on citizenship question'

Well, ya can't win them all.

Oh, give me the strength to outlast this dufus.

Jerry Baumchen

15 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I’m not sure how widespread the view is, but I sort of group up with the perception of rednecks being dumb but friendly, and the ‘middle class’ Americans who traveled being the ‘ugly american’ rich enough to travel yet obnoxious.

Its funny but having spent a descent amount of time in the USA I think red necks are generally very nice and a good few really bright and interesting people.

You should see them when they travel.