airdvr

F@#k Starbucks

I remember a few years back - I was in line at a starbucks - and was asked to donate to something - 

I said no, thanks, and the cashier proceeded to add either 1 or 2 dollars to my purchase - I don't honestly remember.

I was very unhappy about that incident, asked for a full refund, and the manager came over.

The employee argued that it was the right thing to do - I said it is illegal to give other peoples money away even if you think its a good cause.

Something to that effect.

Anyway - I was never refunded my money - they said they couldn't.

The manager pretended to fire the employee, but he was back at work when I drove by there to go to a Caribou Coffee house - 

None of my letters were returned or answered.

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I remember a few years back - I was in line at a starbucks - and was asked to donate to something - 

I said no, thanks, and the cashier proceeded to add either 1 or 2 dollars to my purchase - I don't honestly remember.

I was very unhappy about that incident, asked for a full refund, and the manager came over.

The employee argued that it was the right thing to do - I said it is illegal to give other peoples money away even if you think its a good cause.

Something to that effect.

Anyway - I was never refunded my money - they said they couldn't.

The manager pretended to fire the employee, but he was back at work when I drove by there to go to a Caribou Coffee house - 

None of my letters were returned or answered.

No, I do not want to donate to the cause you are pushing. However you can feel free to donate the tip I give you if it's that important to you.

By the way, the officers should also have enough brainpower to realize they're dealing with some kid working in a coffee shop who doesn't know what to do about a customer and not make such a big fucking crybaby ordeal out of it.

51 minutes ago, DJL said:

By the way, the officers should also have enough brainpower to realize they're dealing with some kid working in a coffee shop who doesn't know what to do about a customer and not make such a big fucking crybaby ordeal out of it.

They mostly didn't.  They asked that the kid not be fired, for example.

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

No, I do not want to donate to the cause you are pushing. However you can feel free to donate the tip I give you if it's that important to you.

Yeah - he wasn't getting any tip after he included the donation - 

I try to tip in cash as much as I can.

44 minutes ago, billvon said:

They mostly didn't.  They asked that the kid not be fired, for example.

So - in this case - did the police act stupidly?

Or was it the employee?

The customer did, without a doubt.

The employee should have grown a spine.  Why would the employee immediately take the side of the customer? 

44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Or was it the employee?

The employee should have grown a spine.  Why would the employee immediately take the side of the customer? 

Sounds a customer acted stupidly, an employee acted spastically, the police (Thanks for the additional info Bill) were fine but probably should've kept it out of the chatter box because the Breitbart crowd got ahold of it.

26 minutes ago, DJL said:
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Or was it the employee?

Sounds a customer acted stupidly, an employee acted spastically, the police (Thanks for the additional info Bill) were fine but probably should've kept it out of the chatter box because the Breitbart crowd got ahold of it.

Another possibility is that given the officers were regulars and that the barista knew them by name, perhaps she felt they were reasonable enough to handle such an unreasonable request and help her out of an awkward situation.

That might also help explain why she didn't just go to management in the first place and let them handle it.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Or was it the employee?

Because that's their job, to be as nice to customers as possible.  And if he/she knew the cops well, they may well have thought (perhaps incorrectly) "I know those guys, they won't mind moving."

40 minutes ago, billvon said:

Because that's their job, to be as nice to customers as possible.  And if he/she knew the cops well, they may well have thought (perhaps incorrectly) "I know those guys, they won't mind moving."

We could very well be reading a mother jones article about how a barista caused someone to have a panic attack during her shift.  It's a shitty situation to be in for the employee but it was a crap move for the police association to start a "pour it out" campaign (complete with logo).  They end up looking like the ass hats.

6 hours ago, DJL said:

This is the kind of thing that should be in the news - 

If ONLY to educate the public what stupid looks like.