airdvr

F@#k Starbucks

33 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Once again overpriced coffee shows it's colors.

I'm not sure what they've done to offend you. They likely took a political position on some issue or another. But yes, darn them to pieces anyway. I'm a committed long term coffee lover. And I'm proud to say that I have , not even once, given Starbuck's a nickle worth of business.

• Like 1

(edited)

They’ve just re-released a smoked bacon shoulder sandwich.

With some HP Sauce it’s vaguely OK. Ish. Sort of. But then what do I expect? It’s mass produced fast food and coffee. It’s never going to be better than average for someone with any experience. But that doesn’t make me hate it.... I’m pretty foody but sometimes I still fancy some McNuggets, even though I know they’re utter shite. Sometimes it’s just what I want.

I don’t get the hate for Starbucks. Yeah, if you’re into coffee then it’s total crap in the same way that a Big Mac is crap if you’re into burgers, but it seems like it’s trendy to bag on stuff like this.

Its fast food. If you don’t like it just don’t buy it. Why the hate? 

Edited by yoink

9 hours ago, yoink said:

They’ve just re-released a smoked bacon shoulder sandwich.

With some HP Sauce it’s vaguely OK. Ish. Sort of. But then what do I expect? It’s mass produced fast food and coffee. It’s never going to be better than average for someone with any experience. But that doesn’t make me hate it.... I’m pretty foody but sometimes I still fancy some McNuggets, even though I know they’re utter shite. Sometimes it’s just what I want.

I don’t get the hate for Starbucks. Yeah, if you’re into coffee then it’s total crap in the same way that a Big Mac is crap if you’re into burgers, but it seems like it’s trendy to bag on stuff like this.

Its fast food. If you don’t like it just don’t buy it. Why the hate? 

because of this bs:  "The six officers were asked to leave the coffee shop July 4 after a barista approached them and said a customer "did not feel safe" because of the large police presence."

3 hours ago, Rick said:

"The six officers were asked to leave the coffee shop July 4 after a barista approached them and said a customer "did not feel safe" because of the large police presence."

They should've just given her one of those safe space stickers that ease anxiety and guarantee that nothing could possibly go wrong.

Starbucks' answer:

Dear Chief Moir and the entire Tempe Police Department,

Thank you, Chief Moir, for the conversation today. On behalf of Starbucks, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for the experience that six of your officers had in our store on July 4.

When those officers entered the store and a customer raised a concern over their presence, they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees). Instead, they were made to feel unwelcome and disrespected, which is completely unacceptable.

At Starbucks, we have deep appreciation for your department and the officers who serve the Tempe community. Our partners rely on your service and welcome your presence, which keeps our stores and the community a safe and welcoming place.

Our strong relationship with the Tempe Police Department has provided us the opportunity to host several “Coffee with a Cop” events in area stores, which bring residents and police together to discuss relevant issues and find common ground. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our relationship with you, and we agree that the experience of your officers requires an important dialogue – one that we are committed to being part of.

What occurred in our store on July 4 is never the experience your officers or any customer should have, and at Starbucks, we are already taking the necessary steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future.

I will be in Tempe this evening and welcome the opportunity to meet with any of you in person to address concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Rossann Williams
executive vice president, president U.S. Retail
Starbucks Coffee Company

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Starbucks' answer:

Dear Chief Moir and the entire Tempe Police Department,

Thank you, Chief Moir, for the conversation today. On behalf of Starbucks, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for the experience that six of your officers had in our store on July 4.

Good for them.  Sounds like it was a bad decision by an employee and not an attitude of Starbucks.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Good for them.  Sounds like it was a bad decision by an employee and not an attitude of Starbucks.

with a quick search I found there are or, were in 2018 29,000 Starbuck's. I am not sure how many employees that relates to but at least 2 shit loads. You are bound to find a few that will make bad decisions. Looks like they were quick on the damage control and making things right. Good for them.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

with a quick search I found there are or, were in 2018 29,000 Starbuck's. I am not sure how many employees that relates to but at least 2 shit loads. You are bound to find a few that will make bad decisions. Looks like they were quick on the damage control and making things right. Good for them.

Agreed. The coffee still tastes like shit though ;)

I do have to give them credit for introducing espresso to the mainstream, but there are so many doing it better now, and they certainly didn't invent it, no matter what the Seattle tour guides tell you!

(edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 7:58 AM, Rick said:

because of this bs:  "The six officers were asked to leave the coffee shop July 4 after a barista approached them and said a customer "did not feel safe" because of the large police presence."

Do you honestly think that this attitude is a company wide one???

The title of this thread is ‘fuck starbucks’, not ‘fuck this guy’.

Edited by yoink

On 7/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, gowlerk said:

I'm not sure what they've done to offend you. They likely took a political position on some issue or another. But yes, darn them to pieces anyway. I'm a committed long term coffee lover. And I'm proud to say that I have , not even once, given Starbuck's a nickle worth of business.

Find a Starbucks with a Clover machine. One of the best cups of coffee I have had.

Six heavily armed paramiltary gang members were asked to leave a private business.  They had completed their purchase and were making other guests uncomfortable.

Why is that a problem?

As a juvenile, I was convicted of crimes I had nothing to do with based on the perjury of two police officers. While I was in custody I was beaten due to my failure to confess or sign a confession.

I get the willies when I am anywhere near any form of LEOs. 

I totally understand the feelings of the Starbucks guest that was not comfortable with six thugs in uniform hanging around the store after having made their purchase.  I commend the Starbucks team member that asked the thugs to leave.

3 minutes ago, funjumper101 said:

I totally understand the feelings of the Starbucks guest that was not comfortable with six thugs in uniform hanging around the store after having made their purchase.  I commend the Starbucks team member that asked the thugs to leave.

or the guest could find another place to get coffee if they were uncomfortable with being around the other paying customers 

4 minutes ago, funjumper101 said:

I totally understand the feelings of the Starbucks guest that was not comfortable with six thugs in uniform hanging around the store after having made their purchase. 

The uncomfortable guest had the option to leave, as you would. Why is it a problem? It's a problem because the vast majority of the public disagrees with you and Starbucks knows that the publicity from this will cost them more money than they will lose from those who fear the police like you do.

2 hours ago, funjumper101 said:

Six heavily armed paramiltary gang members were asked to leave a private business.  They had completed their purchase and were making other guests uncomfortable.

Why is that a problem?

Because making people uncomfortable is not a reason to bar someone from a business.

Let's say blacks made you uncomfortable, because you had been mugged and beaten up by one once.  Should Starbucks ask blacks to leave?  After all, you are UNCOMFORTABLE!

(edited)
5 hours ago, billvon said:

Because making people uncomfortable is not a reason to bar someone from a business.

Let's say blacks made you uncomfortable, because you had been mugged and beaten up by one once.  Should Starbucks ask blacks to leave?  After all, you are UNCOMFORTABLE!

Hypocrytes (sic) I recall a couple of blacks being arrested awhile back for hanging out in a Starbucks waiting for friends. Screw cops. Maybe the person was black and paranoid of cops.

Edited by akarunway
edit to add

8 hours ago, akarunway said:

I recall a couple of blacks being arrested awhile back for hanging out in a Starbucks waiting for friends

and maybe both occurrences were an overreaction by an employee

and the corporation apologized for both