yobnoc

First jump with the wifey!

Super proud of my wife for stapling up her A license this past weekend.  We finally got to jump together, after over a year.  Just wanted to share our simple little jump on here because I'm so damn happy about it!  It's nothing amazing; I wanted to keep it simple and memorable in a good way, so it's just some leg turns with high grips and staring at each other all the way down.  Video credit: Adam Moyer of Midwest Freefall.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

Looks good, but your track ought to be less of a dive and more horizontal. 

I was working with an organizer on that exact thing on the three jumps that followed this one yesterday.  You're absolutely right!

11 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Your track should also be away from her, not underneath her. If she'd had a baglock/streamer and cut away, you'd have been right there.

Otherwise, congrats!

I appreciate the pointer!

Does it make a difference that I watched her opening prior to initiating my track?  Not trying to be snarky; I'm trying to learn.

4 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Does it make a difference that I watched her opening prior to initiating my track?  

Not really. If she had a toggle fire, hung toggle upon releasing her brakes, tension knots, broken lines, canopy damage, or whatever, she could be spinning (diving) and cut away, and you'd still be there. The point of the breakoff track is to get away from the other people.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Not really. If she had a toggle fire, hung toggle upon releasing her brakes, tension knots, broken lines, canopy damage, or whatever, she could be spinning (diving) and cut away, and you'd still be there. The point of the breakoff track is to get away from the other people.

Thanks, I'll put that in my toolbox!

This is exactly the thing I wish I could do with my wife... one day lol.

She went from never even wanting to think about a tandem to now wanting to jump (by end of summer she says lol) 

Congrats to you both !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, piisfish said:

How can you guys celebrate with a kiss pass with full face helmets?

good times are gone 

So, I did pull her in for a little *boop* with our helmets if you watch closely.  Ultimately, we both just don't like open face helmets and neither of us have one. 

19 hours ago, yobnoc said:

So, I did pull her in for a little *boop* with our helmets if you watch closely.  Ultimately, we both just don't like open face helmets and neither of us have one.  

You're missing out. Borrow a couple open face helmets and go do a real kiss pass. :)

• Like 2