2 2
gowlerk

Salute to America!

(edited)
2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Congratulations on making it through another year with your Constitution more or less intact. Party hard, but be safe with the fireworks.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/03/625694709/this-july-4-dont-be-like-these-dummies-how-not-to-set-off-fireworks

Fuck this hypocritical christian nation and their fucked up leader that brainwashed my family.

Ya, it was a bad night. . .

Tired of defending them and their tiresome bullshit.

Edited by Coreece

19 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

All empires fall. America will too.

But not in our lifetimes. There is a huge difference between the 19th century British Empire and what now gets sometimes erroneously refereed to as an "American Empire". What America does is more like armed meddling than true empire. Trumpism is about as anti-empire as any POTUS has been in decades.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

All empires fall. America will too. 

And that's why conservatives are the way they are and try to preserve what we already have while resisting the uncertainty of change.  I just wish we weren't so fucking stupid in the way we go about it.

We already have the blessings, now we need the wisdom so that they're not all just pissed away.

Edited by Coreece

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

But not in our lifetimes. There is a huge difference between the 19th century British Empire and what now gets sometimes erroneously refereed to as an "American Empire". What America does is more like armed meddling than true empire. Trumpism is about as anti-empire as any POTUS has been in decades.

I am defining empire more as global power. Trumpism is all about global power, it is his sole negotiating point.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

And that's why conservatives are the way they are and try to preserve what we already have while resisting the uncertainty of change.

True. Though not changing with the times and remaining stagnant is just as likely to cause an empire to fall.

2 hours ago, normiss said:
5 hours ago, tri160 said:

You might want to check Snopes on that. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crowd-at-trump-july-4-event/

Or other photos reportedly taken about the same time.

Reported by whom?  And when you say "about the same time,"  you mean give or take a few hours?

Hard to say either way.

Not unless you've been plagued by the outbreak of chronic confirmation bias that has been sweeping the country. . .

Not that it matters much anyway.

Ya, why let facts get in the way of your feels.

An event like this I can totally believe thousands being in attendance specifically for the presidential address then melting away quite quickly. Props to the logistics and planning team.

If your on Trump’s side you take the photo halfway through his speech for maximum impact and if you’re against you do it maybe 20 minutes before or after for a similar reason. 

Neither are ‘fake’ but they’re certainly biased. 

17 hours ago, yoink said:

If your on Trump’s side you take the photo halfway through his speech for maximum impact and if you’re against you do it maybe 20 minutes before or after for a similar reason. 

Neither are ‘fake’ but they’re certainly biased. 

I think most people typically just take pictures throughout the entire day/event, so any bias would be in the selection of photos to support whatever story you want.

Professionals like those working for Getty just want the best shot so they can sell digital copies for $500 each, so it better be high quality and legit.  Compare that to the shit photo that normiss posted above.  Nobody wants that crap unless you're some desperate liberal in denial trying to bullshit everyone into thinking that the Getty image (or similar photo) is fake.

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

They can sell digital copies for $500 each, so it better be high quality and legit.  Compare that to the shit photo that normiss posted above.  Nobody wants that crap unless you're some desperate liberal in denial trying to bullshit everyone into thinking that the Getty image (or similar photo) is fake.

Yes.  I am sure that no one cares about shit pictures that aren't well composed, and sell for less than $500.

23 hours ago, billvon said:
On 7/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, Coreece said:

They can sell digital copies for $500 each, so it better be high quality and legit.  Compare that to the shit photo that normiss posted above.  Nobody wants that crap unless you're some desperate liberal in denial trying to bullshit everyone into thinking that the Getty image (or similar photo) is fake.

Yes.  I am sure that no one cares about shit pictures that aren't well composed, and sell for less than $500.

Actually, I take that back.  Shit photos like the one normiss posted typically go for a lot more money if they happened to capture a blurry UFO, or a Sasquatch, or perhaps even JFK jr. slightly hidden behind pixelated artifacts. . .