turtlespeed

Is this even plausible?

(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, airdvr said:

Seriously hoping the dems continue down these paths.  

I, for one, do not. 

I would like to see more logic, reason-ability, and outright common sense.

I find it interesting that no one wanted to comment about this - but they are all up and over the top about Trump having a conversation with Putin.

Edited by turtlespeed

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I find it interesting that no one wanted to comment about this.

OK. He misspoke. He meant female to male transgender (who can and have become pregnant), and used the wrong term. So yes, what he meant was entirely plausible, but he accidentally expressed the view in an un-PC way.

I'm afraid you'll have to explain to me why that's more important than what the President of the USA says to the President of Russia, because I really don't get it.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

OK. He misspoke. He meant female to male transgender (who can and have become pregnant), and used the wrong term. So yes, what he meant was entirely plausible, but he accidentally expressed the view in an un-PC way.

I'm afraid you'll have to explain to me why that's more important than what the President of the USA says to the President of Russia, because I really don't get it.

How do you know he misspoke?

First, because it's obvious. Gender identity stuff is easy to get wrong. So, is it more plausible that he just got it wrong like lots of people do, or that he believed something biologically impossible? Second, because he said so.

Look T, you keep claiming you're not the biased partisan hack most people think you are - this is a great opportunity to prove it. The only reason for you to assume the guy is that stupid is because he's a dem. So maybe don't do it?

20 hours ago, jakee said:

Some of us dismissed it due to the selective use of something other than his actual name.

WTAF?

14 hours ago, jakee said:

First, because it's obvious. Gender identity stuff is easy to get wrong. So, is it more plausible that he just got it wrong like lots of people do, or that he believed something biologically impossible? Second, because he said so.

Look T, you keep claiming you're not the biased partisan hack most people think you are - this is a great opportunity to prove it. The only reason for you to assume the guy is that stupid is because he's a dem. So maybe don't do it?

So - are you now going to even the tables out so that due consideration will be given to all about their speeches and when they misspeak, or does that only apply to the left?

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So - are you now going to even the tables out so that due consideration will be given to all about their speeches and when they misspeak, or does that only apply to the left?

Now? When did you stop beating your wife?

But about evening the tables - you haven't yet explained why you feel this is more worthy of discussion than what two world leaders say to each other about election tampering. I still don't get it.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Now? When did you stop beating your wife?

But about evening the tables - you haven't yet explained why you feel this is more worthy of discussion than what two world leaders say to each other about election tampering. I still don't get it.

Because there are a LOT of threads about that already.  

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Because there are a LOT of threads about that already.  

And a slip of the tongue about transgender abortion rights from a minor candidate should drag people away from them? Because... why?

So again, are you ready to admit your premise on starting the thread was wrong, or are you going to keep displaying the depth of the anti-Democrat bias you claim you don't have?

6 hours ago, jakee said:

And a slip of the tongue about transgender abortion rights from a minor candidate should drag people away from them? Because... why?

So again, are you ready to admit your premise on starting the thread was wrong, or are you going to keep displaying the depth of the anti-Democrat bias you claim you don't have?

I have a bias against idiots, not democrats.

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I have a bias against idiots, not democrats.

So, what is your reason to assume this guy is an idiot? Right now you're over in the other thread moaning at Billvon for saying that you do exactly what you're currently doing here. He challenged you to prove him wrong. Here is your opportunity.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, turtlespeed said:

I'm pretty much thnking, No.  It's not.

BUT - wait - no - Its not . . . Why would a trans woman need access to abortions?

trans·wom·an
/ˈtranzˌwo͝omən/
noun
noun: trans-woman
  1. a male-to-female transsexual.

apparently yes, it is necessary.  Assumptions that all people that are trans have their organs removed or altered to match their identity are simply inaccurate. 

There are a lot of factors in those decisions.... the most important one being an individuals choice to make decisions regarding their own bodies....

...just as an example

web_stephan_and_wiley_bryan_rindfuss.jpg

On 7/4/2019 at 3:35 AM, tkhayes said:

apparently yes, it is necessary.  Assumptions that all people that are trans have their organs removed or altered to match their identity are simply inaccurate. 

There are a lot of factors in those decisions.... the most important one being an individuals choice to make decisions regarding their own bodies....

...just as an example

web_stephan_and_wiley_bryan_rindfuss.jpg

Yes indeed - If your picture is as it seems - that is a Trans Man that appears to be preggers, not a trans-woman.

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes indeed - If your picture is as it seems - that is a Trans Man that appears to be preggers, not a trans-woman.

Yes, we've covered that.

Everyone kows a trans-woman can't get pregnant - including the person you started this thread to bash. Are you still not ready to put aside your partisan bias and admit that?

On 7/9/2019 at 1:22 AM, jakee said:

Yes, we've covered that.

Everyone kows a trans-woman can't get pregnant - including the person you started this thread to bash. Are you still not ready to put aside your partisan bias and admit that?

Have you quit beating your siblings yet?

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Have you quit beating your siblings yet?

Lol, sorry dude, that just doesn't work here. There is no reason at all except for partisan bias that you won't admit that this guy simply made a slip of the tongue and your whole thread is an overreaction. Allow me to contrast two recent events:

Democrat says Trans-female instead of trans-male - Turtle starts a thread to call him an idiot and won't accept any other explanation.

Trump says there were airports in the revolutionary war - Turtle says he may be inarticulate but people don't give him enough credit for how smart he is.

Question - does Turtle treat left and right differently?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

I see the problem as the candidates so wanting to pander to the left they are willing to say just about anything they think might work, and are so afraid of saying the wrong thing the get confused.

Lately that seems to be more a right wing thing than a left.  

Remember how George Washington took over the airports during the revolutionary war?  A true hero!  And how democrats started tearing kids from their parent's arms.  And how Trump sent the "very powerful armada" to North Korea.

20 hours ago, jakee said:

Lol, sorry dude, that just doesn't work here. There is no reason at all except for partisan bias that you won't admit that this guy simply made a slip of the tongue and your whole thread is an overreaction. Allow me to contrast two recent events:

Democrat says Trans-female instead of trans-male - Turtle starts a thread to call him an idiot and won't accept any other explanation.

Trump says there were airports in the revolutionary war - Turtle says he may be inarticulate but people don't give him enough credit for how smart he is.

Question - does Turtle treat left and right differently?

WTF - Why is this about me, personally?

I thought this was about wether or not a Trans woman requires the right to choose, and needs legislation for it.  I believe my position was solidified when another poster posted about the same mistake - So it's NOT just the one guy.

Remember when someone was berated for the question of "What is Allepo?"

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

WTF - Why is this about me, personally?

Because you're being a massive hypocrite. You're in the other thread telling Bill that you're totally open minded about supporting democrats and you aren't looking for any excuse not to support one - and you're in here calling the guy an idiot for a single, simple slip of the tongue. And now you refuse to say your premise (that it demonstrates a lack of logic among dems as a whole) is mistaken. 

I believe my position was solidified when another poster posted about the same mistake - So it's NOT just the one guy.

The other guy who is one of the most staunchly right wing posters on the whole site? Yeah way to go, that sure proves you're not biased and partisan.