1 1
cosmicgypsy

Dolphin container manual

Funny - I was just starting to think about shutting the site down since most of the manufacturers are hosting the manuals directly anymore and its been a long time since I have done any updates to it. I'm going to look at moving it to a cheaper (might be slower) hosting platform in the future since I've spent about $1000 on the site over the last 6-7 years and I am not doing enough rigging anymore to cover its costs. I'll update everyone as my plans come together on it.

3 hours ago, PhreeZone said:

Funny - I was just starting to think about shutting the site down since most of the manufacturers are hosting the manuals directly anymore

I go to the major manufacturers for their latest. I go to a site like parachutemanuals for old or weird or unsupported stuff, or even old versions of regular manuals. (Would be nice if the PIA could take over something like that, but they may not want the hassle either. Nor would the collection be independent of industry pressure if someone didn't want an old version out there.) 

(edited)

http://peregrinemfginc.com/resources/Manuals/DOLPHIN-MANUAL-WEB.pdf

http://peregrinemfginc.com/resources/Manuals/STUDEND-DOLPHIN-MANUAL.pdf

Peregrine Mfg. bought the Dolphin TSO and is now producing a nicely updated version of the Dolphin called the Triton. They also have the original Altico Dolphin manual on their website.

Edited by jcbfly

On 6/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, pchapman said:

I go to the major manufacturers for their latest. I go to a site like parachutemanuals for old or weird or unsupported stuff, or even old versions of regular manuals. (Would be nice if the PIA could take over something like that, but they may not want the hassle either. Nor would the collection be independent of industry pressure if someone didn't want an old version out there.) 

Years ago PIA talked about it. As a organization with many manufacturers as members they didn't want a third party (that they helped control) providing their gear manuals. Keeping revisions up to date one big concern. Also PIA ethics would require adhering to copyright laws. And as a volunteer organization it would end up being one.person.  Wasn't going to work.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, PhreeZone said:

Funny - I was just starting to think about shutting the site down since most of the manufacturers are hosting the manuals directly anymore and its been a long time since I have done any updates to it. I'm going to look at moving it to a cheaper (might be slower) hosting platform in the future since I've spent about $1000 on the site over the last 6-7 years and I am not doing enough rigging anymore to cover its costs. I'll update everyone as my plans come together on it.

Hope you keep the information available somehow.  Don't know if mechanism/technology base available to sell full data base exists but would be interested.