fcajump

Logging Software - revisited

Posted (edited)

Its been quite a while since I looked into logging software, and a quick search is not coming up with any recent discussions on it...

Recollection is that, despite several sites still selling L&B's Jumptrack, L&B has dropped support for it.  (yes?)

I've been reading up on Paralog, but have not used it.  (will pull the trial version soon)

Anyone using anything else for computer/phone logging of jumps?

JW

Edited by fcajump

I use ParaLog for all my logging (Import from a Neptune3), don't keep a written logbook anymore. Its good, has a lot of features I don't use like adding video/photos to jumps etc. But I do like the graphs so I can easily see how many jumps I've done with a specific team etc. 

We just flew a pair of dekunu altimeters on our rocket. I couldn't be more pleased. They gave us instant access to a great deal of data. this was particularly important as the flight went to shit. We were able to pull key data points out of the unit. We had to kind of hack them to get them to record the flight as we were using them well out side of normal skydiving paramiters. So far I am very excited about these units.

Lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiggerLee said:

We just flew a pair of dekunu altimeters on our rocket. I couldn't be more pleased. They gave us instant access to a great deal of data. this was particularly important as the flight went to shit. We were able to pull key data points out of the unit. We had to kind of hack them to get them to record the flight as we were using them well out side of normal skydiving paramiters. So far I am very excited about these units.

Lee

If the folks making the Dekunu don't get hold of you for an advertisement, they are missing out!

(edited)

FWIW - 

I am moving forward with Paralog (at least for now).
I'm also drafting notes on how to convert jumps from JumpTrack to Paralog.  Not too bad, but it is frustrating that there is little instruction provided in the details that matter.

Now if I could find my Protrack data cradle/cable...  Got a couple hundred jumps on there during the time my Altitrack was laid up.  (anyone got one they don't need??)

JW

PS - if you have one, drop me a line.. 

Edited by fcajump
adding shameless appeal for cable...