1 1
kallend

Invitation to interfere

The President and CinC is responsible for making clear to all foreign nations and other groups that messing with the internal affairs of the United States will have serious consequences.

Instead, he’s basically inviting everyone in provided it's to his  benefit.

The man is unfit for the office.

• Like 1

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The people keep saying that, but apparently are unwilling to do anything to get him out of office.  Perhaps thoughts and prayers are in order.

I'd like to say that after all of this that the Democrats can field a candidate who can beat the worst President we've ever had.  If not it says something about their ability to represent all Americans, something they should have learned in the first election vs Trump.

Edited by DJL

41 minutes ago, DJL said:

I'd like to say that after all of this that the Democrats can field a candidate who can beat the worst President we've ever had.  If not it says something about their ability to represent all Americans, something they should have learned in the first election vs Trump.

If not, it says something about mental health in this country.

• Like 1

Looks like he's backpedaling just as fast as his little fingers can type.

============================

I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Whales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately . . call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.

==============================

1) Prince of Whales.  Love it.

2) No one trusts you anyway.

4 hours ago, DJL said:

I don't think it is possible for the two of us to agree more.

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Looks like he's backpedaling just as fast as his little fingers can type.

============================

I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Whales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately . . call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.

==============================

1) Prince of Whales.  Love it.

2) No one trusts you anyway.

2) That is not true - there are some out there that do.

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

2) That is not true - there are some out there that do.

You are correct.  There are also some out there that eat paste, believe chemtrails are being used to control minds, and believe the Earth is flat.  These people aren't very bright and aren't paying attention.

9 hours ago, DJL said:

Or it says something about the ability of outside entities to influence domestic elections.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Or it says something about the ability of outside entities to influence domestic elections.

It's easy these days.  Americans have been dumbed down for decades with reality TV and sensationalism.  I get really depressed when I think about the state of reality in this country.  People obsessed with the Kardashians or the Bachelor or The Apprentice...meanwhile I haven't met a single right winger who can point to Benghazi on a map (I've tried this experiment more than a few times), though they're utterly convinced that something nefarious happened there because Hillary.  This is a result of sensationalism and half-baked conspiracies.  They gain so much traction with people who have been dumbed down to believe the "reality" productions they are seeing on TV are based in reality.  I think these things are tied together.  My entire family is convinced that Trump is some great businessman based on his TV persona, when all the available evidence points to his riches coming mainly from his father's business acumen, along with his propensity to engage in shady and illegal financial arrangements and outright tax fraud. 

So all these foreign governments have to do is make the wild accusations...the creatures on the right wing will do the rest of the legwork for them.

Fuckin Space Force...are you kidding?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Fuckin Space Force...are you kidding?

Well, Space Corps now. So, when the USAF Space Command, United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Naval Network Warfare Command, and the United States Space Surveillance Network which (one going back to 1947) as individual entities are good. When all are joined together for better communication and the ability to employ economies of scale - bad. 

My only regret is him not combining all sixteen intelligence-gathering agencies with a separate DNI - under one roof at the same time.        

31 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Well, Space Corps now. So, when the USAF Space Command, United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Naval Network Warfare Command, and the United States Space Surveillance Network which (one going back to 1947) as individual entities are good. When all are joined together for better communication and the ability to employ economies of scale - bad. 

My only regret is him not combining all sixteen intelligence-gathering agencies with a separate DNI - under one roof at the same time.        

Of course. Because as the wise old saying goes, "always put all your eggs in one basket, short term savings are fiscally responsible". That is the saying, right?

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Exactly.  Combining everything into one is always good.  Like the F-35, which is the most successful aircraft ever; it can do everything well and is very reliable, safe and cost effective.  Or like the Federal government, which is so much better than state governments that we should scale them back to almost nothing.  Why do we need 50 little governments, each with their own stupid, local ideas, when we can have 1 big one?

And Trump continues to backpedal:

"If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI."

Ah.  Well, as long as Trump promises to _maybe_ go to the FBI if he noticed another attack against US infrastructure, then all is well.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

And Trump continues to backpedal:

"If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI."

Ah.  Well, as long as Trump promises to _maybe_ go to the FBI if he noticed another attack against US infrastructure, then all is well.

Well, he'd 'maybe go to the FBI', and then ask them to stop investigating. 'Cuz if there was 'something wrong', it's more than likely something of his own doing.

34 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

then ask them to stop investigating.

Hi Joe,

IMO that would be because he knows more than the FBI does.  He has told us that he knows more than the generals do; that he knows more than the intelligence people do; that he has a VERY high IQ.

THAT is probably why he has fought so long & hard to keep his college grades a secret.

Now, about that ocean-front property in Arizona . . . . 

Jerry Baumchen

He has clarified this.  He said “if I thought anything was incorrect or badly stated I’d report to the FBI or law enforcement, absolutely.”

In other words, if he asks the Russians to hack the DNC again, and they do, and the Russians give him information that's incorrect, he will go to the FBI.  The Russians better be accurate in the information they steal from us if they want to avoid the wrath of the FBI.

This is remarkable.  

The US is trying to probe Russia's defenses, to see if we could retaliate against another electronic attack from them.  But military leaders aren't looping Trump into the effort - because he fears he will go running off to Putin and betray the US.

From the NYT:
==================

Pentagon and intelligence officials described broad hesitation to go into detail with Mr. Trump about operations against Russia for concern over his reaction — and the possibility that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials, as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.

===================

There are people here who support Trump and fought in the Vietnam War.  They now support a president who is at grave risk for betraying US forces to our enemies - indeed, to the same enemy we were fighting by proxy in Vietnam.  Fascinating how flexible and relative some people's morality can be.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, gowlerk said:

Of course. Because as the wise old saying goes, "always put all your eggs in one basket, short term savings are fiscally responsible". That is the saying, right?

Funny - I thought you were FOR single payer.

Who knew you actually weren't?

On 6/13/2019 at 7:00 AM, DJL said:

I don’t think so. If these were normal times you’d hopefully be right, but ironically I think RonD has the right of it on this one.

This isn’t politics any more. It’s war. At least that’s how a lot of people see it. And in that case it comes down to a simple us vs them mentality.

This next election isn’t going to be decided on issues of any sort. It’s going to be completely emotional, chock full of dirty accusations and cries of ‘FAKE NEWS!!’. 

It would be fascinating to watch from abroad. :(

On 6/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, DJL said:

it may also be a good climate for a  3rd party candidate to actually have a shot