terrell765

Packing a pulse into a smaller container

I was curious if anyone has experience in packing a pulse 150 into a small container. A mirage mt specifically. On mirages website they claim to have a few 135s that are a firm fit or firm-recommended in this container so I was wondering with the pulses lower pack volume if you could fit it in there or if it’s just a bad idea to try all around. All comments are much appreciated. Thanks

Hot tip - don't try to fit a bigger canopy than the container manufacturer says will fit. You won't like packing it and it will look like shit.

But a Pulse 150 may fit an mt. Call Mirage and ask. They know better than anyone else what will fit in their containers. They won't mind answering your question. 

Also, and I get that this might rub you the wrong way, but since you're selling a rig with a Katana 107, and in that same classified ad are looking for a 170-190 main, I would STRONGLY recommend you do all of your gear buying through a single rep who knows exactly how many jumps you have. A 150 is a high performance parachute regardless of wingloading. I'm making a lot of assumptions about you, but a traumatic brain injury will change your whole life forever. Every single person in the sport for more than a few years has seen it happen. Gung ho people downsizing too quickly and ending up with broken bones and TBIs. Sorry if my assumptions are wrong, or if that came off like a dick thing to say. It's just kind of rude to bounce in front of people if it's something you could have avoided doing. I know I don't like to hear people screaming because their bones aren't in the right order anymore.

• Like 1

I don’t take your comment the wrong way at all. I’m all about downsizing appropriately and safely. I am completely aware that I have no business jumping this rig any time soon. I’m really just trying to set myself up to have my own gear that I’m happy with once I get quite a few more jumps under my belt. I had planned on continuing to rent for a while and work on my canopy piloting skills as much as possible over the next couple seasons. To be completely honest I have no desire to fly this katana 107. I got ahead of myself buying gear a while back before I was more educated in the sport. Expensive mistake yes but now I know better. I have a second rig at my dz right now getting inspected by the rigger before I pull the trigger on it so I’ll hopefully be in the sky with my own (appropriately sized) gear soon. Don’t worry about sounding like a dick when you’re keeping people safe. I appreciate the feedback 

• Like 2