Jimson45

Return after hiatus logbook missinf

Question

Long story short I have been on a jumping hiatus for 6 years due to multiple factors (school, work, blah, blah, blah). I’ve recently decided I wanted to start jumping again and was ready to head to my drop zone when I noticed that my logbook is not with my gear anymore? I have located a photocopy of all my AFF jumps from my logbook and I still have my Stamped/signed A-license Proficiency Card and Application. 

Just seeking some general opinions on what I can expect as far as getting back into the sky if I’m unable to locate my log book with all my jumps (I had 75 jumps after my last jump) am I looking at having to complete the entire AFF program again? 

3 answers to this question

USPA should still have your license number on file so you at least have proof of the first 25. Don’t know what you can do about the other 50

With that fairly low level of experience and that much time, the missing logbook shouldn't matter all that much.

It's largely up to the DZ, but I would expect you would end up sitting through a FJC, then doing at least one jump as a one instructor AFF jump. How that jump goes would largely determine what more will have to happen.

At least that's what I've seen happen in similar situations.

I went through almost the exact same situation. I had around 50 jumps then took a hiatus of 9 years. When I came back (with my logbook) my recurrency consisted of the last 3 levels of AFF which I completed over one weekend. Not having your logbook should not be too big of a deal assuming you did get your A license. If your jumps were at a major drop zone or a well organized small drop zone, they may keep a record of all your jumps completed there.