2 2
turtlespeed

DNC Hopefuls

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I would say of the two choices that Biden would have the best chance.  I liked Bernie in 2016 but his proposals just seem too far out left.  Biden is moderate enough to grab a lot of 2016 Trump votes.

I don't believe Bernie would win. I believe Biden can win but everyone needs to quit biting his ass. 

52 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't have time to teach you anymore.

That’s such a lazy insult - it doesn’t even flow from the conversation. Like, we’re not actually talking about a subject you’d study. 

Seriously dude, come back with a better one, that was just embarrassing.

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

I liked Bernie in 2016 but his proposals just seem too far out left.

Hi airdvr,

While in the 'debates' everyone seems to be too loud, Bernie seems to have a flamethrower for a mouth.  I fully expected him to start frothing at the mouth at anytime.

Not someone I want for POTUS; but, I would vote for him over Trump.

IMO it's now Biden's to lose,

Jerry Baumchen

24 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

'Warren Declines To Endorse'

Looks like she won't have a place in any Biden administration.

Either that, or she is waiting to make a deal or see what happens between now and the convention. 

Wendy P.

8 hours ago, airdvr said:

Well Dems...looks like you're down to two rich, old, white men.  How did that happen?

Rich? Sure he’s not poor, but when was the last time the nominee from either party had less money than Bernie? 

Just now, airdvr said:

My point was the Dems are all about diversity and social justice.  This is the best they can do?

Where were you when there were men and women of color on the stage? FYI, we're not all "Dems" in the sense that we're all like ants in a colony. And frankly, this go around I think beating Trump is more important that social justice. I'm guessing that I'm far from alone amongst my comrades.

Electing someone simply because they’re a woman or minority is almost as ist as not considering them because of it. 

Just as the evangelicals who liked Cruz best sucked it up and voted for Trump largely, I imagine most progressives will do the same for whoever the Democrats nominate? 

Wendy P. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Nice try with the strawman but this is the DNC Hopefuls thread.

If you believe that the two Democratic candidates have to represent the best the Democratic party has to offer, why would you not believe the Republican President is the best the Republican Party has to offer?

It isn't a strawman, it is simple logic.

Edited by SkyDekker

47 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If you believe that the two Democratic candidates have to represent the best the Democratic party has to offer, why would you not believe the Republican President is the best the Republican Party has to offer?

It isn't a strawman, it is simple logic.

You can twist it any way you want.  The question still stands.

Now, is Trump the best the R's have to offer...obviously no.  But your DNC gave us Trump by trying to install one of the most divisive persons you could possibly find.

There was only one other person I thought could have been a better choice for Rs in 2016...Ben Carson.  BTW..I didn't vote in the primary.

It would be hard to classify Bernie as rich; he’s had a good salary for years, but he could very easily have saved his net worth in a 401K based on a Congress and mayor’s salary. 

No, he’s not poor, but our current system won’t tolerate a poor candidate  

Wendy P.  

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It would be hard to classify Bernie as rich; he’s had a good salary for years, but he could very easily have saved his net worth in a 401K based on a Congress and mayor’s salary. 

No, he’s not poor, but our current system won’t tolerate a poor candidate  

Wendy P.  

Where I come from a 2 million dollar net worth is pretty rich.