2 2
turtlespeed

DNC Hopefuls

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Did you vote for Trump in the primary as well? I can sort of understand how a conservative could vote for Trump over Clinton. But how Rs picked Trump as nominee is beyond me.

They didn't.  Better candidates kept splitting the vote instead of bowing out of the race. 33% wins over 22% / 29% / 18% etc.

(edited)

Hi folks,

Re:  'Joe B should pack his tent and enjoy the rest of his life.'

That is what I posted some time ago.

I am thinking this is why I am not being hired as a political consultant.

Jerry Baumchen

ETA:  My mistake; now corrected.  >:/

Edited by JerryBaumchen

10 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Re:  'Joe B should pack his tent and enjoy the rest of his life.'

That is what I posted some time ago.

I am thinking this is why I am not being hired as a political consultant.

Jerry Baumchen

ETA:  My mistake; now corrected.  >:/

I’m at about the same level as you Jerry. I was sure he was done a couple of months ago.

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I’m at about the same level as you Jerry. I was sure he was done a couple of months ago.

Hi Ken,

IMO Bernie S is done for.  I think the only thing left is who Joe B picks for his running mate.

I am thinking it might be Cory Booker; a reversal of 2008.

Thoughts; anyone?

Jerry Baumchen

9 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The VP vetting process will be very thorough I would imagine. No Sarah Palin type errors I hope.

It's incredible to think that with all the qualified women in this country he ended up with her.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

IMO Bernie S is done for.  I think the only thing left is who Joe B picks for his running mate.

Thoughts; anyone?

It might be Bloomberg; it would bring more centrists into the fold.  Bernie might bring more far-left in.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

It might be Bloomberg; it would bring more centrists into the fold.  Bernie might bring more far-left in.

Maybe. Or..... Warren could drop out now and throw her support to Biden. Game, Set, Match. Might be worth a reward like V.P. 

54 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Maybe. Or..... Warren could drop out now and throw her support to Biden. Game, Set, Match. Might be worth a reward like V.P. 

Hi Joe,

I think that when Amy K & Pete B dropped out & threw their support to Joe B, they had more delegates than Liz W.  She is probably low on the list for 'rewards.'

Jerry Baumchen

6 hours ago, DJL said:

They didn't.  Better candidates kept splitting the vote instead of bowing out of the race. 33% wins over 22% / 29% / 18% etc.

And that is why we need ranked-choice voting in the primaries, as well as the general elections.

Here in CO we have mail-in ballots which we received a couple weeks prior to Super Tuesday. Anyone who mailed in their ballots early, for someone who dropped out just prior to Super Tuesday, got screwed because their vote didn't count. That is another problem ranked-choice would solve in the primaries.

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

Thoughts; anyone?

Jerry Baumchen

Susan Rice

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

I think that when Amy K & Pete B dropped out & threw their support to Joe B, they had more delegates than Liz W.  She is probably low on the list for 'rewards.'

Jerry Baumchen

But she's high on the list of people who would pull the rug from underneath Bernie.

All I care about is Trump losing. Screw social justice and whatever issues are your current happy points. If Trump wins again I fear ever getting a chance to right wrongs for generations. Nothing, absolutely nothing, that is on offer from any candidates would be worse than a Trump reelection. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 7:15 AM, jakee said:

Beeeeeeecause as has already been pointed out Justin’s post was simply a general point in response to Brent’s post about a specific individual. You are actually asking Justin about what Brent believes. And since you’ve just pointed out that asking one person about the position of another is a dumb thing to do.... why aren’t you asking Brent?

Bzzzzzt.  Wrong answer.

I specifically asked Justin a question.  It had nothing to do with Brent.  It had everything to do with his beliefs.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

All I care about is Trump losing. Screw social justice and whatever issues are your current happy points. If Trump wins again I fear ever getting a chance to right wrongs for generations. Nothing, absolutely nothing, that is on offer from any candidates would be worse than a Trump reelection. 

I would say of the two choices that Biden would have the best chance.  I liked Bernie in 2016 but his proposals just seem too far out left.  Biden is moderate enough to grab a lot of 2016 Trump votes.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Bzzzzzt.  Wrong answer.

I specifically asked Justin a question.  It had nothing to do with Brent.  It had everything to do with his beliefs.

Buuuut Justin gave no indication he believed the thing you were questioning him about. Brent did. If you’re interested in the belief, why not ask the person who believes it?