2 2
turtlespeed

DNC Hopefuls

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

That is absolutely great — thanks for the help! ;P

It'd be neat to have an app like that where you could run multiple sets of contingencies to see which candidate you'd end up with the most.  Maybe even add filters to account for social bias.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, Coreece said:

It'd be neat to have an app like that where you could run multiple sets of contingencies to see which candidate you'd end up with the most.  Maybe even add filters to account for social bias.

I think that the Dems will be able to accomplish the impossible, and ensure the reelection of DJT.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I think that the Dems will be able to accomplish the impossible, and ensure the reelection of DJT.

No, people like you will be responsible. Even if the Dems weren't doing their damndest to blow the thing you've already stated the reasons you'd vote Trump again. 

34 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

There is no possible way that I could vote for Trump again, given I did not vote for him in the first place.  If it were not for his positions on gun control and climate change, I would consider the other Republican, Mike Bloomberg

Which of those two sentences should I take as your position?

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And why not?  They apparently approve of his realpolitik style so much that they're actually thinking of adopting it themselves.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If it were not for his positions on gun control and climate change, I would consider the other Republican, Mike Bloomberg

His ads are only highlighting those two points to help him get the democrat nomination - after that I doubt we'll hear much about them.  Same way they treat minorities after they garner their votes. . .

Edited by Coreece

17 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Because it feels as dirty, and slimy as Trump.

Having enough money to buy anything is "dirty, and slimy as Trump"?

I was just in La Paz (Baja) and saw the amazing yacht that the "dirty, and slimy" Steve Jobs bought.  It now belongs to his widow.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

Having enough money to buy anything is "dirty, and slimy as Trump"?

I was just in La Paz (Baja) and saw the amazing yacht that the "dirty, and slimy" Steve Jobs bought.  It now belongs to his widow.

Last I saw it was in St. Martin. Looked like a cross between a WWI Battle Cruiser and a Pagoda. But when the outcome doesn't affect your future why care?

With Bloomberg the outcome could very much affect the future so I'm happy if he spends all $61B to beat Trump. I further think it's time for Biden, Sanders, Warren and Steyer to go home and for everyone else to quit chipping away at him. We're not looking for perfect.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I further think it's time for Biden, Sanders, Warren and Steyer to go home and for everyone else to quit chipping away at him. We're not looking for perfect.

Hi Joe,

I could not agree more.  I was just reading about where some D's in South Carolina are abandoning Joe B.  IMO more to come.

Jerry Baumchen

23 hours ago, billvon said:

Using money isn't slimy.  It's what you use it FOR that makes it noble or crass.  And using it to unseat Trump is pretty f'ing noble.

It's backed by the DNC - 

The DNC is trying to screw Sanders out of the nomination again.

That's slime and dirty.

The voters are speaking loudly, and the DNC is ignoring the voters, and steering to what they want.(Read: pays the most money)

Look what that got us last time!

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The voters are speaking loudly, and the DNC is ignoring the voters

Sanders appears to have the support of about 25 to 30 percent of the D primary voters at this point. If he does get nominated I don't think he can win. But I've been wrong more times than I've been right about US elections!

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Sanders appears to have the support of about 25 to 30 percent of the D primary voters at this point. If he does get nominated I don't think he can win. But I've been wrong more times than I've been right about US elections!

It's not that he has 25% - That makes it look like he's not in the lead, so far.   It's that he has MORE votes and support than any other single candidate.

The DNC would word it like you just did.

"Sanders has just a menial 25% of the vote, while all the other candidates have the remaining SEVENTY- FIVE percent.

So Clearly Sanders is behind."

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It's backed by the DNC - 

Because Bloomberg gave them a lot of money?

To paraphrase a famous guy - that doesn't make them unethical, that makes them smart.