skytwin

FAE to BPA

Hello, I started jumping in Spain with FAE federation, I did my A license under that federation and I have never had a problem with recognition anywhere. The problem is that I now live in UK and in order to jump in the nearest dropzone from home I need a B license. I currently have 155 jumps and 7 hours wind tunnel. Yesterday I went to another dropzone to ask if I could do what needs to be done and apply for my B license with BPA, and the instructor told me that I basically would have to apply for my BPA A license and then apply for a B license, so I have to start all over again and the best option for me would be to get my license in Spain. My question is, is there any other way I can apply for my B license without having to start all over again and waste a bunch of money for something that I've already done? Thank you.

(edited)

Firstly, I would suggest you phone the BPA on 01162785271 and see what the BPA position is on your situation, However, the final decision on anyone jumping in the UK rests with the CI of the DZ you want to jump at.  As far as gaining a BPA B licence accreditation when you are FAE rated is concerned, answering that question is a bit above me - sorry. I would add that there are one or two DZ's in the UK that only allow BPA B licence and above jumpers. Many, though, run AFF courses and new A licence skydivers are jumping solo, some after as few as 18 jumps.  So if it's just jumps you want, and the CI is happy to let you jump at his/her DZ, you should be OK at many UK DZs.

Edited by Bokdrol